Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157548 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11310 on: February 21, 2022, 07:33:47 PM »
Thanks! I'll look for those wire nuts, that sounds like a perfect option.

Not sure about the back speakers though. To get then to a good position would require either running wire past the front entryway or across a hallway. It's hardwood in the living room, it's an older house from WW2 era.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11311 on: February 21, 2022, 08:16:45 PM »
Watched Antiques Roadshow at the Mt. Washington Hotel in New Hampshire.  We went there for our Anniversary a few years ago.  A beautiful area and a HUGE old fashioned hotel.  Interesting history and architecture. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11312 on: February 21, 2022, 09:42:33 PM »

Not sure about the back speakers though. To get then to a good position would require either running wire past the front entryway or across a hallway. It's hardwood in the living room, it's an older house from WW2 era.
A floor cable cover is a possible solution for a wire that is a trip hazard.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11313 on: February 21, 2022, 10:01:05 PM »
Got up early, went to the gym, went to Macca's for an orange juice, then to a pet store to buy treats for the cats and last of all washed my car at the Rhino Wash before coming home. Then I rang the maintenance line because our toilet's cistern keeps filling after the flush cycle so we keep having to turn its tap off. We could be waiting for 21 days before someone comes to fix it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11314 on: February 21, 2022, 11:31:35 PM »

Yeah, but the only safe way is up and over and around the walk path. Takes way more cable, but I've never felt OK with most of those cable hiders unless they run out of the way of foot traffic. Considering a half grown toddler type in the household, I would keep everything out of reach.

:lol1:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11315 on: February 22, 2022, 04:28:04 AM »

Yeah, but the only safe way is up and over and around the walk path. Takes way more cable, but I've never felt OK with most of those cable hiders unless they run out of the way of foot traffic. Considering a half grown toddler type in the household, I would keep everything out of reach.

That's a good point on the child safety. Plus cable covers can still pose a minor trip hazard themselves because they're slightly elevated. There's also wood grain tape.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 04:30:29 AM by Jack »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11316 on: February 22, 2022, 05:08:21 AM »
Got up early, went to the gym, went to Macca's for an orange juice, then to a pet store to buy treats for the cats and last of all washed my car at the Rhino Wash before coming home. Then I rang the maintenance line because our toilet's cistern keeps filling after the flush cycle so we keep having to turn its tap off. We could be waiting for 21 days before someone comes to fix it.

Have you tried poking around in there? It might be something simple like a kinked or disconnected chain.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11317 on: February 22, 2022, 08:38:26 AM »
Going back through old hard drives to make sure all my writing and mainly music, most of which on these old drives is from live perfomances I recorded many years ago. The music sounds amazing going from fifteen inch reel to reel tapes to literally the highest resolution I could digitize, at the time. These are 48 bit/192K files and often a single song is four or five gigabytes, one song too big for a DVD, even.
Only real problem this creates is that I have to have my computer to play them.

I'll get there. One thing I have wanted to do for ages is to build a specialized computer just as a dedicated music source for items like these.
I still have the tapes, but I have not set up my Crown or my Revox R-to-R tape equipment yet.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11318 on: February 22, 2022, 08:43:44 AM »
But, I found this horrible paragraph, I used to use as my siggy. I am no longer in such a dismal space, so I suppose it no longer has value. I'm wondering if you folk remember this tragically depressed side of me.

I probably would not want to read anything else this guy wrote. :autism:

Do you remember this phase:

Bereft of final hope as the torment of another darkness begins to shadow the last winded whisps of swirling dust that have endured of my bones, my grasping certitude weeps a forlorn lament calling for moment of stay from what courseness still grists away at the shivering remains of my needs.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 08:46:46 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11319 on: February 22, 2022, 09:31:03 AM »
Considering a half grown toddler type in the household, I would keep everything out of reach.

The CD player itself is on top of a high bookshelf this time around for exactly that reason.

:laugh:

Oh and a pocket door is a sliding door that's kept entirely within the wall when it's open. But I was having another look at it yesterday and with a longer cable it may be possible to poke the kitchen speaker cables into its base in such a way as they don't interfere with it opening. So TY for the suggestion.  :)
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11320 on: February 22, 2022, 10:27:28 AM »

The pocket door concept makes sense, now.
We actually have sliding screen door on our back porch that hides in the wall when not needed. It is a very cool design.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11321 on: February 22, 2022, 05:20:09 PM »
Was on my feet all day at work... now I'm tired and just want to hide from people.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11322 on: February 22, 2022, 07:40:31 PM »
Took the grandkids to Stew Leonard's a small local chain of fancy grocery stores that has a lot of   animatronics throughout their maze of a store.  Then to a mall that has a big carousel.

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11323 on: February 22, 2022, 08:28:40 PM »
^That's fancy as.

Have you tried poking around in there? It might be something simple like a kinked or disconnected chain.  :orly:
There's no chain in there. There's a small pump and a mechanism under the toilet buttons. Anyway the plumber is coming next Wednesday to fix it so we just have to put up with it until then, heh.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11324 on: February 22, 2022, 10:08:03 PM »
Spoke on the phone with 2 nurses about my upcoming colonoscopy.   Need to get a Covid test and get my health history.  Gonna be a fun weekend.  OY
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant