Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157507 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11115 on: October 14, 2021, 12:31:31 PM »
Tried unsuccessfully to deaden the sound of water running though the pipes in  a house.  I didn't think it would work that well and said as much but it's their money and they wanted to try
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11116 on: October 14, 2021, 02:29:27 PM »
Got a haircut!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11117 on: October 14, 2021, 04:46:37 PM »
Worked. Tinkered with the Home Assistant install.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11118 on: October 15, 2021, 06:43:33 PM »
Went to a couple garage sales
Emptied,cleaned then put everything back in my work trailer
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11119 on: October 18, 2021, 10:03:05 AM »
Sold my old Ford Focus to a vehicle breaker.  It gave me 16 years and 126,000 miles of service.  It still drove OK but the seals had gone and it was too damp inside to live with through another winter.  It gets to something when you have to scrape ice off the inside of the windshield.

I got £280 for it's weight in scrap.

Probably should have traded for a quantity of pot, but £s can be useful, too.

That actually seems like a decent price for one of those going to a crusher.  :headbang2:

Ice inside? Had a Dodge Intrepid a bit back and left the windows open during a fairly ugly storm. Soaked the interior!  FUCK ME!!  Then, left the windows open in the sun as often as possible to dry out, but still had ice inside to scrape during the winter.
 :hahaha:
I know this feeling.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 10:04:45 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11120 on: October 18, 2021, 11:16:33 AM »
More waiting by the phone for call backs for me today.

Not my best "event."

I feel I am wasting my time. One appraiser increased the net worth on this property by twenty thousand, which could help, but to enter this volatile market we need to be seeing multiples of tens of thousands or we are going to be severely over a barrel!
Kind of thinking, either we are already too screwed or all effort toward a larger settlement might be in vane.

Contacted a lawyer whose office building is being taken by a similar process, elsewhere. Maybe kindred spirits working together can eventually reign?
Doubt it, but it seems I have chosen the right law firm, maybe.

But in addition to all that "normal for these times"  SHITE, I have had to help my wife change ALL her passwords on all her devices, because she was hacked somehow and we now have fraudulent charges to our accounts reaching nine thousand bucks at last count.  FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK!!

I was hoping to just enjoy this fabulous fall weather.
 :hahaha:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11121 on: October 18, 2021, 11:24:07 AM »

About every three months we get hit by some random fraud to our accounts. What is it?

Too many accounts? To much exposure to TeH web? Easy passwords?

My daughter uses insane forty or so character passwords that repeat something that means something to only her and she can remember them. I can not do that yet.

Thinking of just putting this computer in the fire, but that will not stop anything that has happened, will it??

:bigcry:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11122 on: October 18, 2021, 11:26:25 AM »

Stoooooopid, right. You cut your finger with a knife, do you blame the knife or the one holding the knife?

:viking: Trying!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11123 on: October 18, 2021, 11:41:02 AM »
Dirt Dawg - you are having one shitty day.  Wish I could do more than send wishes over the internet.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11124 on: October 18, 2021, 06:56:56 PM »
About every three months we get hit by some random fraud to our accounts. What is it?
Used to get hit at least once per year until a few years ago. Asked the bank rep, why it keeps happening. Was told gas stations were the most likely source. Since then, when getting gas, always use a pump which is front and center visible to the clerk inside. Could be a coincidence but hasn't happened since. Also once had a family member certain theirs originated from going to a restaurant, the card wanders away and then comes back.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11125 on: October 19, 2021, 03:22:17 PM »
Worked for a bit. Watched the Google Pixel launch.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11126 on: October 19, 2021, 03:32:16 PM »
Tried unsuccessfully to deaden the sound of water running though the pipes in  a house.  I didn't think it would work that well and said as much but it's their money and they wanted to try

Turn your TV up until you can't hear it.  Problem gone away.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11127 on: October 20, 2021, 06:41:14 AM »
Used to get hit at least once per year until a few years ago. Asked the bank rep, why it keeps happening. Was told gas stations were the most likely source. Since then, when getting gas, always use a pump which is front and center visible to the clerk inside. Could be a coincidence but hasn't happened since. Also once had a family member certain theirs originated from going to a restaurant, the card wanders away and then comes back.

All handled. Just damned annoying that it happens so often.  :dunno:

It all kind of makes me want to go back to paper checks to access my $$$ in public.
 :zombiefuck:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11128 on: October 20, 2021, 06:49:32 AM »

Today, once business begins, I am going to end my relationship with the lawyer guys working on our re-dwelling troubles and just accept what the city is offering us for our property. After two appraisers and almost $900 invested in trying to find something with a tooth to use in court, it's time to face the fire. We are FUCKED!!  Period.
 :bigcry:

Don't get me wrong! I want the new bridge AND the bigger road, just NIMBY!!
NIMBY!!

All I have left to do is hang from one of my trees, scream like an ape and sling poo, it seems.
 :dunno:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11129 on: October 20, 2021, 10:00:21 PM »
Not In My Back Yard?

My sister may be facing the same problem. She has a property out in the country and they're wanting to build a main road through her back yard. But the council have been umming and ahhing for so long that she no longer listens to them.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae