Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157363 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #10800 on: January 11, 2021, 09:02:30 PM »
Cursing out hypocrites on Facebook in Klingon

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10801 on: January 12, 2021, 05:27:07 AM »
Working from home.  Wife is on a late shift today so has made me breakfast and tea.

This is how I should be living every day.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10802 on: January 12, 2021, 05:48:25 AM »
^Ouch. Why?
It was indeed ouch. I've wanted my nose pierced for many years. Just one nostril. But last November I changed my mind when I saw how good a septum piercing looked on my friend.

My eyes watered copiously. But once it was over, I was fine. Except for when I bumped it good and proper in the middle of the night. I woke up instantly.
How long did the stinging feeling last?
When the actual piercing was done it hurt pretty badly for about 3 seconds. The septum is pretty thick. It felt like mine was anyway.

And sometimes it hurts when I wiggle my nose. And I can't pick my nose. Yet. I suppose when it's healed I will be able to. All I can do is blow it in the shower. A cool thing is that later on I'll be able to flip the piercing upwards so it can't be seen.

Today I went to my doctor for blood test results. Everything is fine. CT scan showed degeneration of the facet joints in my lower back. Good news is I've lost 2kgs since I was there last. That's what I should be focusing on the most - weight loss.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 05:54:04 AM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #10803 on: January 12, 2021, 07:06:26 AM »
A cool thing is that later on I'll be able to flip the piercing upwards so it can't be seen.

That's a plus. I was thinking the septum is better than a nostril, because if you change your mind later then you wont be left with a hole in your face. Those are a bit distracting.   :orly:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10804 on: January 12, 2021, 06:13:52 PM »
A cool thing is that later on I'll be able to flip the piercing upwards so it can't be seen.
That's a plus. I was thinking the septum is better than a nostril, because if you change your mind later then you wont be left with a hole in your face. Those are a bit distracting.   :orly:
Indeed. My friend had some dermal piercings on her face, on her cheek. They're like surface piercings. My friend had them for about a few months and then they came loose and had to come out. Now she's left with horrible looking scars. The same happened to her eyebrows. Scars there too.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10805 on: January 13, 2021, 11:44:34 AM »
^Ouch. Why?
It was indeed ouch. I've wanted my nose pierced for many years. Just one nostril. But last November I changed my mind when I saw how good a septum piercing looked on my friend.

My eyes watered copiously. But once it was over, I was fine. Except for when I bumped it good and proper in the middle of the night. I woke up instantly.

Double ouch. I think I'm the wrong generation to judge, though. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10806 on: January 13, 2021, 11:54:45 AM »
Tried to work a full day but was constantly interrupted. It was like one of those nightmares where you are trying to finish something but something always comes up and you have to start again.

:GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10807 on: January 14, 2021, 04:54:58 AM »
Got my septum pierced.
:needpics:
I have to email the guy who did the piercing a picture or two of my healed nose in a couple of weeks so I'll post a pic then. :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #10808 on: January 14, 2021, 02:27:11 PM »
Took the boys to the vet. They're getting old and needed a check up. We were told they are still quite healthy, so that's good.

They're at the age were impaction usually starts (anus muscles not being strong enough anymore to push poo out, so you have to scoop it out manually), so we eventually have to look forward to that.  :zombiefuck: They also like to laze around a lot more as of late, rather than moving, so they're getting fatter as a result too.

I'd say they'll live to be at least 6 years old, but I think we need to make some adjustments so they're more active. I've seen guinea pigs reach 10 years old, but it is the exception rather than the norm.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10809 on: January 14, 2021, 08:06:08 PM »
^How old are they now?

They live longer than rats. Kayleigh had two lots of rats and they all only lived to be about 2 and a half.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #10810 on: January 14, 2021, 08:17:13 PM »
Work, which is less of a ballache now I'm finally able to work from home, then a nap. Took dog out for a charge around in the snow. Made hotdogs. Fucked around with my computer then watched telly for a bit with a glass of whisky before bedtime. Now chilling in my den with a Johnnie Walker Black Label and some Ozric Tentacles on, posting shite instead of going to bed like a sensible cunt  :lol1:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10811 on: January 14, 2021, 08:22:41 PM »
Worked on more craft projects.  Painting peace signs on scallop shells that I found on Florida beaches.  Someday, Amber and I will have a joint craft sale and I will sell them for a small fee.  She is making rings and such for sale on esty.  I find it soothing and destressing.  Anybody want one, let me know.   8)  PI and Phoenix got one.  It makes me feel good to create something out of found objects.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #10812 on: January 14, 2021, 08:47:00 PM »
Did my shift at work... after that, I did some bumming around with Dad and had supper with my parents...

A sudden surprise for me is my sister coming for a visit tomorrow... Oy Vey .____.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10813 on: January 14, 2021, 08:50:56 PM »
About to take The PR to late night bowling.  After 9:30 there's only a few bowlers and it's quieter.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #10814 on: January 15, 2021, 03:59:30 AM »
^How old are they now?

They live longer than rats. Kayleigh had two lots of rats and they all only lived to be about 2 and a half.

3.5 years old. They've got quite large and chubby, not enough to be obese, but enough for us to consider cutting down on veggies.