Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157575 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #10350 on: June 16, 2020, 07:31:48 AM »
^ that doesn't make sense. It has been proven to help.

I *thought* I was going to clean up the front garden but I didn't realize that the weeds I wanted to pull had such thick stocks that they need to be clipped and not pulled. I can't find my clippers.

I need to figure out why we don't have water this morning. Being on a well system sucks sometimes. I'm hoping it's an easy (inexpensive) and quick fix.

Currently waiting for a delivery of river rock for the backyard.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10351 on: June 16, 2020, 07:48:07 AM »
Today, tried to nap.

Yesterday, we had service men into our house. They called out to us when they were moving inside the house to let us know that it was time for us all to mask up again.

Most of the BIG heavy work was done by a two man crew tiptoeing outside somewhere. I hardly heard anything stir. The very delicate and close quarter work for the installers making preparations indoors and beneath the house required Sawallz (big powerful reciprocating saw brand name I can not spell), drills, hammers, welding torches, peeeuuwie glue, staple guns, powered nail drivers, and it seemed to go on and on and on from the pets' view,
But to be clear from the human perspective, it was really closer to a Navy Seal Ninja Mutant Flash thing happening.

We did agree to follow their policies, so we had to keep our distance, mask on, hence the shouting every time some new area was approached all while they were not only masked, but gloved as well.

They changed all our ducting and the outdoor parts, even down to rewiring everything, replacing the set of electrical breakers that  go to the unit, sealing all the "holes" to the outside they made with a Poly Urinate Concreation or something, which stinks horribly to me and I was wearing a "real" mask when I first saw the gooo, but it makes mortar-like repairs to foundations in ten minutes and "lasts forever" (worrisome thought).

They were in and out in just over six hours.

The rest of the day was spent "consoling everyone and everything"  I tried to do the same for myself by reading all the manuals.

As I said before, Big Day. Had to be done, expected upheaval, I just did not foresee the full toll.

A good day overall, though. We have taken another step into the Twenty First and a Half Century!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #10352 on: June 16, 2020, 04:42:52 PM »
Endured a phone conversation with Xan's teacher, did some laundry, took Xan out for a walk on the moor in the sun, napped, had a nice cool shower, made and ate chicken jalfrezi with Mel, nipped to the shop for beer. Drinking it in my undercrackers with 2 fans going. :beer:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10353 on: June 16, 2020, 04:45:10 PM »
^ that sounds like a near perfect day. It made me smile.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #10354 on: June 16, 2020, 04:46:25 PM »
It wasn't bad.  :agreed:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #10355 on: June 16, 2020, 04:53:08 PM »
Cooked my own version of KFC with a bit of a twist. Sweet potatoes. Homemade tastes so much better. :P
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10356 on: June 16, 2020, 07:20:43 PM »
Went and measured a renovation
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10357 on: June 17, 2020, 04:26:45 AM »
Converted a bunch of legal documents. Talked to a recruiter.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10358 on: June 17, 2020, 05:29:11 AM »
Eaten too much. I've gone to bed with a bellyache.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10359 on: June 17, 2020, 08:47:22 AM »
Cleaned, vacuumed, gathered the scattered dog toys and put them back in their basket. Her collection of marrow bones makes it look like we cut up a body.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10360 on: June 17, 2020, 03:42:54 PM »
On my travels I saw this poor turtle stranded in the center of the road.   I pulled off and ran to it, hoping it had not been hit.  Fortunately, it had not, but it was in full turtle mode.  And as I picked it up it went even deeper into itself.  I took it into the a nearby wooded area and put it down gently.  I hope it makes it ok.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10361 on: June 17, 2020, 08:56:03 PM »
On my travels I saw this poor turtle stranded in the center of the road.   I pulled off and ran to it, hoping it had not been hit.  Fortunately, it had not, but it was in full turtle mode.  And as I picked it up it went even deeper into itself.  I took it into the a nearby wooded area and put it down gently.  I hope it makes it ok.

Did you see that one they found in Virginia taking a stroll down the sidewalk?

"A 65-pound alligator snapping turtle with a face only its mother could love has found a new home at a Virginia zoo after freaking out residents in a Northern Virginia suburb."

They dubbed him "Lord Fairfax".  :laugh:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/oh-snap-police-capture-65-pound-turtle-from-virginia-suburb/2334944/

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10362 on: June 17, 2020, 11:53:45 PM »
^Love that face.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10363 on: June 18, 2020, 08:17:49 AM »

Did you see that one they found in Virginia taking a stroll down the sidewalk?

"A 65-pound alligator snapping turtle with a face only its mother could love has found a new home at a Virginia zoo after freaking out residents in a Northern Virginia suburb."

They dubbed him "Lord Fairfax".  :laugh:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/oh-snap-police-capture-65-pound-turtle-from-virginia-suburb/2334944/

Didn't see that one, but, we do have very large snapping turtles in the region.  They can live long lives and never stop growing. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10364 on: June 18, 2020, 08:30:29 AM »
The fact that that beast can grow up to 200 lbs is scary and yet fascinating.  :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad