Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157572 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #10110 on: March 29, 2020, 05:44:34 AM »
Got up and posted here while drinking my morning coffee. Checked the latest COVID-19 statistics.
Replace coffee with hot chocolate and that's me  :green:

5,655 here. Yesterday morning at this time it was 4,757.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10111 on: March 29, 2020, 08:35:29 AM »
Getting up after an evening of work is always an accomplishment for me.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10112 on: March 29, 2020, 11:00:01 AM »
Got up and posted here while drinking my morning coffee. Checked the latest COVID-19 statistics.
Replace coffee with hot chocolate and that's me  :green:

5,655 here. Yesterday morning at this time it was 4,757.

3,719 here right now. More than 700,000 worldwide.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10113 on: March 29, 2020, 11:52:49 AM »
we've only tested 127, 737 people thus far . We have 500, 000 NHS workers (many lacking proper protection)  so confirmed cases are pretty meaningless , but here we go:

As of 9am on 29 March 2020, a total of 127,737 people have been tested, of which 108,215 were confirmed negative and 19,522 were confirmed positive.

As of 5pm on 28 March 2020, 1,228 patients in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have died.
(from gov.uk)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 11:56:35 AM by Walkie »

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10114 on: March 29, 2020, 03:36:57 PM »
Organized the bookshelf that has been bugging me for ages. I smile every time I see it now because it no longer looks like a hoarders paradise.  :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10115 on: March 29, 2020, 07:32:42 PM »
we've only tested 127, 737 people thus far . We have 500, 000 NHS workers (many lacking proper protection)  so confirmed cases are pretty meaningless , but here we go:

As of 9am on 29 March 2020, a total of 127,737 people have been tested, of which 108,215 were confirmed negative and 19,522 were confirmed positive.

As of 5pm on 28 March 2020, 1,228 patients in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have died.
(from gov.uk)

They hardly test here. Almost solely when there's hospitalisation. Apparently most laboratories here work with Roche. And Roche can't handle the production of enough testing suplies. They have been asked to give the recipe, but so far they are not giving in.

There apparently are cheap test kits from all over the world, but quite a few far from reliable. So, barely testing is the choice made for now.

Over 10.000 people tested positive. 639 died so  far. Most of the problems are still in the south, but it's spreading rapidly.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10116 on: March 29, 2020, 07:34:31 PM »
Organized the bookshelf that has been bugging me for ages. I smile every time I see it now because it no longer looks like a hoarders paradise.  :laugh:

Take comfort in the promise that one day, not too far from now, it will look like book hoarders heaven again. :eyelash:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #10117 on: March 29, 2020, 08:48:22 PM »
Did a deep clear out of my room and watch a couple of films on Netflix.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #10118 on: March 29, 2020, 08:54:11 PM »

(from gov.uk)

They hardly test here. Almost solely when there's hospitalisation. Apparently most laboratories here work with Roche. And Roche can't handle the production of enough testing suplies. They have been asked to give the recipe, but so far they are not giving in.

There apparently are cheap test kits from all over the world, but quite a few far from reliable. So, barely testing is the choice made for now.

Over 10.000 people tested positive. 639 died so  far. Most of the problems are still in the south, but it's spreading rapidly.

Sounds like the Netherlands? Correct me if I'm wrong?

As of now in the UK: Total (known) cases: 19,522
Total deaths: 1,228

Realistically, I feel like the numbers a whole lot higher than reported and apparently, 135 has fully reported to have been discharged or fully recovered from there? Feels very inaccurate to say the very least.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10119 on: March 30, 2020, 12:54:19 AM »
I expect the real number of cases here to be significantly higher than the reported ~4,000. They don't test a lot here either, apart from those in need of hospital care and some randomised thing to get an approximation of the total number of cases around the capital. There is a push to test more but they say there aren't enough test kits.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10120 on: March 31, 2020, 09:44:01 AM »
Took a large load of "stuff" to the Goodwill store.  I pushed the rear seats down and filled up the back half of my Traverse with closet clean outs.

I was not alone. There was a line at the Goodwill drop off point. Many folk with the same plan.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10121 on: March 31, 2020, 02:56:29 PM »
I'm surprised they're still accepting items. They're not allowed to here and I have a whole corner of a room that is growing with stuff that needs to be donated. One of the benefits to having so much time at home is being able to sort through things and get rid of what we no longer need.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10122 on: March 31, 2020, 03:32:46 PM »
  Avoided a lot of things I need to do.  I have to go to the store soon and I don't want to.  :hide:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10123 on: April 01, 2020, 01:11:26 AM »
Checked my email and read the news.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10124 on: April 01, 2020, 05:59:36 AM »

(from gov.uk)

Sounds like the Netherlands? Correct me if I'm wrong?

As of now in the UK: Total (known) cases: 19,522
Total deaths: 1,228

Realistically, I feel like the numbers a whole lot higher than reported and apparently, 135 has fully reported to have been discharged or fully recovered from there? Feels very inaccurate to say the very least.

Recovery needn't simply mean that patient is no longer symptomatic, it means that the patient stops testing positive for the virus, which inevitably uses more test kits.
There was a British couple on the Diamond Princess who caught the virus onboard right at the start of Feb, and didn't 'recover' till mid March - about 5 or 6 weeks later. So given that timeline we shouldn't see many recoveries appearing in the case stats for several weeks, as the real explosion of cases over Europe didn't occur until March. They're probably losing track of a lot of positive cases too if they don't require hospitalization, so they have difficulty monitoring individual outcomes.