Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157248 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9915 on: October 21, 2019, 06:52:48 AM »
Chipped a tooth and had to go to the dentist. Missed a train to Copenhagen as a result.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9916 on: October 21, 2019, 08:35:57 PM »
How did you chip your tooth?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9917 on: October 24, 2019, 09:17:48 AM »
Got gas and began gathering up my house plants that are outside so I can bring them in before the first freeze
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9918 on: October 24, 2019, 10:20:56 AM »
Worked in the office, perfecting a conversion that I've been working on for two weeks. Also spent an hour in a department meeting that felt like death.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9919 on: October 25, 2019, 08:52:57 AM »
So far just a lot of researching and paperwork after I got the youngest off to school
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9920 on: October 25, 2019, 09:31:22 AM »
Another day at the office. I'm peopled out now, even though they claim it was good to have me there this week.

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9921 on: October 28, 2019, 05:36:56 PM »
Chilling out after a long day of travel from Florida. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9922 on: October 28, 2019, 07:34:25 PM »
Ordered a new LCD for the neighbor's 3-4 month old laptop that he dropped the other day. He had the extended warranty...but no accidental coverage, they want an arm, a leg and your first born child basically...they sent him to another shop...and they "don't do screens". He's sick.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9923 on: October 29, 2019, 02:02:08 PM »
Ordered a new LCD for the neighbor's 3-4 month old laptop that he dropped the other day. He had the extended warranty...but no accidental coverage, they want an arm, a leg and your first born child basically...they sent him to another shop...and they "don't do screens". He's sick.
That's sweet of you. It sucks when stuff like that happens.

Today I had an intense client meeting. Got my errands done. And starting more cooking lessons with the oldest tonight.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9924 on: October 30, 2019, 01:28:01 AM »
Drove Kayleigh to the doctor.

Went to the chemist.

Boring day, really. Waiting for grocery delivery.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9925 on: October 30, 2019, 01:48:57 AM »
Slept late. :yawn:

Will have to start working now.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9926 on: October 30, 2019, 06:46:11 PM »

Today I had an intense client meeting. Got my errands done. And starting more cooking lessons with the oldest tonight.

Just going to leave this here for anyone that has a newer hp...do not fear this repair.

The screen came today.

Seriously easiest repair ever...started unsnapping the bezel at 6:40, walked out in the kitchen to get the boy something for 5 minutes and finished up at 7:00.

Screen was 54.50 plus tax.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9927 on: October 30, 2019, 07:30:39 PM »

Just going to leave this here for anyone that has a newer hp...do not fear this repair.

The screen came today.

Seriously easiest repair ever...started unsnapping the bezel at 6:40, walked out in the kitchen to get the boy something for 5 minutes and finished up at 7:00.

Screen was 54.50 plus tax.
That's good to know

Today I hit a Great Blue Heron on the way home. I"m pretty sure he lived because I circled back and couldn't find him. Have to wait until the morning to find out if there was any damage to my windshield because I tried to brake hard to avoid him but I couldn't. Roads were slick and it was dark and rainy.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9928 on: October 31, 2019, 09:19:26 AM »

Today I hit a Great Blue Heron on the way home. I"m pretty sure he lived because I circled back and couldn't find him. Have to wait until the morning to find out if there was any damage to my windshield because I tried to brake hard to avoid him but I couldn't. Roads were slick and it was dark and rainy.

He lived I'm sure, probably confused for awhile, but alive. They're tough like turkeys.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9929 on: October 31, 2019, 12:32:11 PM »

He lived I'm sure, probably confused for awhile, but alive. They're tough like turkeys.
There's a joke in our family about that. Years ago my inlaws hit a wild turkey while driving and it actually obliterated the bird AND their car!!!! You'll see my MIL and I laughing about it on my post on FB. But I'm hoping since I hit him in the back end and not the front that he's okay.

Today I did the usual morning things, then cancelled my appointments and went back to bed when the SO got up and I slept until he had to go to work. Today I'm thankful he's on afternoons because it gave me a good chunk of time to sleep which I needed.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad