Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157560 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9900 on: September 30, 2019, 01:28:29 AM »
Finished weeding the backyard (though I took a break when I had about 50+ ants on me), swept the paving and got rid of webs around the eaves. There wasn't a lot.

Then I went and did the same around the front (but for the weeding).

I'm procrastinating now about sweeping the floors inside ready for mopping. I've done the toilet, bathroom and laundry. Up to doing the kitchen now.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9901 on: September 30, 2019, 01:10:09 PM »
Begun the process of emptying and cleaning out the big planters.  Started with the lemon cucumbers.  Now I have to let the planter dry out so I can clean it out thoroughly before putting away in the garage.  It's been a strange year for growing.  Some plants did ok, but, most were below normal yield.  Oh well, I'll try again next year, it's not only food and herbs to nourish the body, but, a good chore to nourish my mind and spirit.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9902 on: September 30, 2019, 03:59:12 PM »
Recovered from the steam show
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline jedicounsellor

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #9903 on: September 30, 2019, 09:19:39 PM »
Had a nice brunch, then typed out my short story published on kindle for the third time. It was full of errors - couldn't believe it. Then I talked to mum on the phone, and uploaded my revised short story, wrote an email, checked on my story at amazon, and came here.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9904 on: October 01, 2019, 03:32:36 AM »
Had a chiropractor appointment, bought drinks, was home for our inspection, went with Kayleigh to the doctor, had burgers at Grill'd, went to a friend's house to drop off a form for volunteering at a "for cancer" event. Can't remember what it's called, dang it.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9905 on: October 01, 2019, 04:43:50 PM »
Still kind of tweaking out the garage.

Over the past three days, I have built two, four door "pantry style" cabinets into a cubby, next to our freezers. Now I can take some of the "in the way most of the time"  things from under our inside cabinets and store them out of "harms way," so to speak.

Such things as all my canning equipment, my too many ironware pieces, the extra three hundred plus big ass knives we rarely use, my two extra coffee presses, my small collection of hand coffee grinders, meat grinders and sausage things, my growing collection of tea pots, etc.  I seem to have room left over, so some impervious to cold things can go out there as well, such as extra sugar, flour, rice, grains, dry detergents and extra baking cookware.

I am now very glad that I made them so large and even more glad that I made two!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9906 on: October 01, 2019, 05:02:37 PM »

Take any pictures?  Some of that stuff is really cool!
We have a guy in the next town over who has a steam car he rolls out sometimes. First time I saw it, I was looking around to see if I was on an episode of "Jay Leno's Garage" or some shit.
Nope, he just takes it out to piss people off at times.
I can not tell you what it is, but it is one huge vehicle!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9907 on: October 04, 2019, 11:37:44 AM »
Worked in the office. Had a couple of meetings with people. Now on board a train back home.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9908 on: October 05, 2019, 05:59:16 AM »
Volunteered for the afternoon. Found a scrapbooking album destined for the bin that I thought my friend would like. I took a photo of it and texted her. Yep, she'd like it. I'll probably drop it off to her during next week sometime.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9909 on: October 05, 2019, 06:08:39 AM »
Went to some open homes. Checked out some blocks of land also. Then I came home and finished sugar soap cleaning the loungeroom walls and cornices.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9910 on: October 05, 2019, 06:15:26 AM »
Went to some open homes. Checked out some blocks of land also. Then I came home and finished sugar soap cleaning the loungeroom walls and cornices.
Are you still painting?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9911 on: October 05, 2019, 08:07:04 AM »
Are you still painting?

Yeah. After spending almost two weeks doing one spare room I'm starting on the loungeroom, because it's the second least cluttered room in the house lol.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9912 on: October 11, 2019, 07:19:25 PM »

Take any pictures?  Some of that stuff is really cool!
We have a guy in the next town over who has a steam car he rolls out sometimes. First time I saw it, I was looking around to see if I was on an episode of "Jay Leno's Garage" or some shit.
Nope, he just takes it out to piss people off at times.
I can not tell you what it is, but it is one huge vehicle!

Not really I had more customers that I knew what to do with.  I looked up videos of the show and found a couple from this year the first has a good overview of the show the second has some of that but also shows the guy shopping at the vendors.  He doesn't show my table but he bought the screw jack in the video from me,  I recognized it from the yellow paint that got on it when I was painting my ladder racks :2thumbsup:

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9913 on: October 11, 2019, 07:49:59 PM »
Cool. Ours is in May and August.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #9914 on: October 13, 2019, 06:55:11 AM »
Three good things I've made happen today. First I got rid off the little white stye (hordeolum) in my left eye. The little fucker has been bugging me for quite a while. Big relief. Secondly I changed the leaking tap in the kitchen. It was a shitty tap anyway. Short and was not able to swing left or right. New tap is great. Also, third thing, I fixed my email account.. and can now read my mail again. Or write an email myself.... (duh). 

All went way easier than I thought beforehand.

*gets dairy out and and writes.. 'sun/oct/13th was a good and productive day'*

:laugh:
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.