Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157256 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9870 on: September 10, 2019, 09:17:23 AM »
This afternoon Iz made a rudimentary railing system and hang some curtains on it. Old bed linen in red, aluminium rail and two wooden thingies that carry the whole lot.

Enjoyable job, I'd say.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9871 on: September 11, 2019, 03:14:35 AM »
I've worked all morning. Now taking a break.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9872 on: September 11, 2019, 12:50:11 PM »
Finally finished the household to-do list! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9873 on: September 11, 2019, 10:42:45 PM »
Breakfast then shower and washed my hair. Something I really don't like doing. I'd shave my head but I have a weird shaped skull.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9874 on: September 12, 2019, 06:39:23 PM »
I took my daughter all over this part of creation, antiquing, so to speak.

We visited four different antique malls, today. I bought a teapot. Kind of frightening to realize, but I seem to collect teapots these days. I just keep finding interesting looking pots and grabbing them. Next thing you know I have many (well, seven, now) which all appeal to me in one way or another. I actually have begun to use one of them regularly. I did not count my large stainless steel pots which I mainly use for boiling water and getting my coffee press ready.

My daughter is collecting small things for her "upcoming apartment."  Things like vases, lamps, plates and serving ware, etc. Since I have always been THE blade guy, I have over three hundred high quality kitchen knives to choose from, along with double that number of specialty culinary blades, she does not have to look for kitchen blades.
But getting her to NOT hyper-focus on gadgetry is a challenge. I will allow the occasional egg slicer or plug-in George Foreman grille, but I do try to influence her to buy things that have more than one use. She found a beautiful cutting board, but I had to nix the idea, since we do not know where it has been and it was made of wood, so  ...  danger! I will buy her e NEW one when it is time.

Today was a blast, even considering how damn tiring it alll was.
I bought a few records, some cast iron trivets and a superior quality porcelain coated colander much larger than any of my other stainless or aluminum varieties.
Oh, and I also bought a cast iron Japanese teapot with an infuser.
Good day out with my daughter.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9875 on: September 12, 2019, 10:07:09 PM »
Forgot the albums.

Five from Ramsey Lewis (basically a jazz piano, drums and bass trio, top notch) and two from Dr John.  All were in near perfect condition and I was lucky to find them.

We lost Dr. John recently and I feel that I am the only one to care.
 :'(
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9876 on: September 13, 2019, 05:46:25 AM »
Volunteered today. I re-priced all the CDs, sorted out the teen books so the older ones are displayed at the front of the shop and sorted out manchester which took most of the day. They have a specific way of folding sheets, doona covers and towels. So I had to learn that.

I'm going back there tomorrow. Saturday! ::gasp::
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9877 on: September 14, 2019, 10:05:50 AM »
and sorted out manchester which took most of the day.
Um . only usage I know of the word ''manchester'' is as name of a very big city in the north of England.
With respect. I figure it would take a lot more resources than you have at your disposal , and a heckova lot more tme to sort that Manchester out.  :LOL:
So, I'm guessing you mean something else?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9878 on: September 17, 2019, 10:35:55 AM »
Worked in the office. Ugh. I'm peopled out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9879 on: September 17, 2019, 08:44:43 PM »
and sorted out manchester which took most of the day.
Um . only usage I know of the word ''manchester'' is as name of a very big city in the north of England.
With respect. I figure it would take a lot more resources than you have at your disposal , and a heckova lot more tme to sort that Manchester out.  :LOL:
So, I'm guessing you mean something else?
Yep, it's sheets, doona covers, towels, bath mats, etc. I wonder why we have that use of the word in Australia.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9880 on: September 17, 2019, 08:45:37 PM »
Worked at walmart, and the disgust I feel at their warehouse and shipping process continues to grow.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #9881 on: September 18, 2019, 05:56:13 AM »
Took a shower, shaved the face and cut a little of my hair off. Also, due to it being this cold already this early morning I insulated the cupper pipes (transporting water) under my caravan. Yeah, I live somewhere else now. It's on a green camping and yada yada yada..

When I relearn how to post my own photos again I'll show you what it's like here. It's nice but ja, somewhat colder a place to live in.

Am now contemplating what I'm going to eat this evening and thus what to get at, a not that near now, supermarket.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9882 on: September 18, 2019, 02:12:33 PM »
Spent the morning working in the garage, again.
After clearing so much out and filling up my new back yard storage building, I have recently bought six three foot by two foot by six foot shelving units and assembled them. I got rid of so much miscellaneous crap and organized what was valued. I now have room to place our hot tub inside after the weather turns cold AND my huge work bench area is accessible once again.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9883 on: September 18, 2019, 07:12:01 PM »
Read an interesting book about George Carlin......he was of my tribe!  RIP George Carlin.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9884 on: September 19, 2019, 01:24:10 PM »
^What was the book?

- Albert Einstein