Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157476 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9570 on: January 30, 2019, 03:47:50 PM »
Returned from our annual indulgence min-trip to Boston.  Shoveled 6 inched of snow that fell last night.  Now I am having my wine! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9571 on: January 30, 2019, 03:57:18 PM »
a lot of resting and attempting sleep. Just want this stupid germ to leave.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9572 on: January 30, 2019, 05:10:02 PM »
Got my part for my dead fridge...

It LIVES...and so far it's been humming away since this afternoon.

...and I now know more than I EVER WANTED TO KNOW about fridge repair from spending almost half the day on Youtube researching when it broke down.  :vortex2:

I will probably forget my way home now the next time I go to Walmart.  :autism:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9573 on: February 01, 2019, 11:19:33 AM »
I'm glad you decided to go. Sometimes you have to ask yourself at a time like this: which decision am I least likely to regret in 10 years?

I've made a few big decisions using that rule. It's not infallible. But it's the best one I got for life's big choices.

At first I was thinking, penance or reward?

I will never regret going, even for such a short trip. I was accepted even with my hair down past my shoulders and my grey beard way past my collar bones.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9574 on: February 01, 2019, 11:22:12 AM »
So many possibilities for you Dirtdawg.  Welcome to the new family member.

Thank you, but it is not just one new family member; I have embraced a whole new branch of my family tree that I only found out that existed about seven years ago.
So many possibilities, indeed.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9575 on: February 01, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »
I'm glad you're going, DirtDawg. :)

I was very nervous, but the way he asked and then explained how I am the only elder directly related to him in his entire extended "family,"  I became even more nervous.

I found a way. I am glad I did.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9576 on: February 01, 2019, 11:27:03 AM »
I'm glad you're going too. A grandchild is a huge deal.

And she is beautiful.

A Christian christening can be a stern and stiff thing, but this was OK.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9577 on: February 01, 2019, 11:32:31 AM »
I am mortified at the possibilities.

I am trying to decide if I need to go or not,

Shit! getting out of frozen Indiana and going to Texas sounds fine. Just not sure if I am ready for all of this.
You know I am going, but I need to take extra blood pressure medication for the trip
 :GA:

You'll never be ready...pack your meds, take extra clothes, and have your wife write your name and address on your ass in permanent marker in case you get lost.

Get that camera fired up and...GO....make some memories, good, bad, or crazy...because in the end that's the stuff that matters.

It's going to be great.

I was already back home when I read this, so I did not have a thought to have anyone write anything on my ass, BUT I am pretty sure my hesitation was written in ALL CAPS all over my face up until I started to notice that I was NOT the horrible person considered to have abandoned one of their daughters during pregnancy.

(Long Story!)

It was great!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9578 on: February 01, 2019, 11:37:13 AM »
I am mortified at the possibilities.

I am trying to decide if I need to go or not,

Shit! getting out of frozen Indiana and going to Texas sounds fine. Just not sure if I am ready for all of this.
You know I am going, but I need to take extra blood pressure medication for the trip
 :GA:

You'll never be ready...pack your meds, take extra clothes, and have your wife write your name and address on your ass in permanent marker in case you get lost.

Get that camera fired up and...GO....make some memories, good, bad, or crazy...because in the end that's the stuff that matters.

It's going to be great.

Amen.

Go for it, DD.

In all hectic awaiting you, you will be the one saying "life is good!".

Life is Good!

I went with a great deal of hesitation, but I have no regrets and we will see just how far this goes as the months and coming years roll by.

Life is Good!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9579 on: February 01, 2019, 11:39:03 AM »

...and I now know more than I EVER WANTED TO KNOW about fridge repair from spending almost half the day on Youtube researching when it broke down.  :vortex2:

I am actually impressed that you can scratch around and rattle a broken fridge back to life.
 :thumbup:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9580 on: February 01, 2019, 01:32:05 PM »
Canceled going to choir, still not well. The oldest is taking over dog duty so I can go to bed super early and for that I'm thankful. Cooked a big meal of beef lo mein for my guys which makes everyone feel good. Warm meals on cold days. Tonight I'll put a lasagna in the oven.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9581 on: February 01, 2019, 07:43:49 PM »
put gas in car
tried to go to one grocery, too crowded
tried to get money from bank, too crowded, used ATM instead
picked up a prescription
shopped at the food salvage store - some great buys, will go back tomorrow for frozen and cooler items.
took The PR to bowling (she had a double - 2 strikes in a row, but an otherwise poor bowling day)
made dinner
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9582 on: February 01, 2019, 08:06:12 PM »

I am actually impressed that you can scratch around and rattle a broken fridge back to life.
 :thumbup:

No one is more surprised than I am, dryers and the little stuff I know...the fridge was uncharted territory....it's still humming away.

My New Years resolution is always the same since I hit 50...learn, or attempt at least 5-10 new things I haven't tried before.

Scratch one.
Still not ready for skydiving.

Glad the trip went well. I thought it would. :thumbup:

Life IS good.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9583 on: February 01, 2019, 10:38:51 PM »
Worked on an addition