Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157504 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9330 on: November 14, 2018, 11:18:54 PM »
Started a Kung-Fu class with Amber since she's concerned about going to the YMCA alone after "he who is not to be named" acted like an asshole last week.   Glad I did, I actually enjoy this class, the mental discipline and focus I really do need!

I took Kung Fu, akido and jujitsu for many years. No longer training, just trying to maintain agility. Tough at our age.

I started the kids in MMA classes when they were six (minimum age was five) and they did that for about nine years, each. Can not seem to get either one to even stretch or kick any more, though. Still block really well. That is more than half of self defense - do not get hit.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9331 on: November 15, 2018, 06:36:52 PM »
Started a Kung-Fu class with Amber since she's concerned about going to the YMCA alone after "he who is not to be named" acted like an asshole last week.   Glad I did, I actually enjoy this class, the mental discipline and focus I really do need!

I took Kung Fu, akido and jujitsu for many years. No longer training, just trying to maintain agility. Tough at our age.

I started the kids in MMA classes when they were six (minimum age was five) and they did that for about nine years, each. Can not seem to get either one to even stretch or kick any more, though. Still block really well. That is more than half of self defense - do not get hit.

I have restrained myself for awhile, but, now I need to speak out.  Take your phony Bonhommie and shove it up your your ass.  I despise your magatard ass for all that you represent about what is wrong with America right now.  Everything is about you....I could care less...I've had my fill of sociopaths and the like.  I do what is right for my daughter AND my wife.  You....are insignificant and not worth my time.   I have been ignoring you for the last few times...but, like callaway, you seem clueless or uncaring about how others feel about you.  Anyway, goodbye and I will never address you again.  But, hey, your in "good" company!   :finger:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9332 on: November 15, 2018, 06:51:41 PM »

I have restrained myself for awhile, but, now I need to speak out.  Take your phony Bonhomie and shove it up your your ass.  I despise your magatard ass for all that you represent about what is wrong with America right now.  Everything is about you....I could care less...I've had my fill of sociopaths and the like.  I do what is right for my daughter AND my wife.  You....are insignificant and not worth my time.   I have been ignoring you for the last few times...but, like callaway, you seem clueless or uncaring about how others feel about you.  Anyway, goodbye and I will never address you again.  But, hey, your in "good" company!   :finger:

Wow, some of that was not very clear.

I only have one retort, though and since you are not going to read this, I am doing so just for myself, as you have concluded.
My wanting to bury old hatchets is real and trying to talk to old "enemies" is a first step.

One more point. If you are putting me with Callaway as good company, I'll take it, gladly.

Since this is "Goodbye,"  I want to wish you, Carla and Amber the best of times and many successes.
Peace, out.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9333 on: November 15, 2018, 08:42:53 PM »
Oh my, you love to make yourself the injured party..................so be it!  You have mocked me for my passion about volcanoes...so be it.  Good bye...and enjoy the last word.  Nuff said!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9334 on: November 16, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »
Don't worry, DD. He's promised me not to respond too many times to count by now.

Still, it's a lot of fun to watch him add another one to the mix.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9335 on: November 16, 2018, 04:33:43 PM »
Don't worry, DD. He's promised me not to respond too many times to count by now.

I am fine. I already responded to his,  Uhm, what ever that was.

It kind of sounded like he was not going to talk to me anymore, but ...

Honestly, I would never dismiss volcanoes. He got that one wrong. While I may not be as educated about them as he is, I have followed much of what is available and asking him a question once, probably caused him to think I was making fun of him.

BTW, can you imagine a reason he is still hanging out here annoying people?
I have enough  "bite me"  in my tough skin to not really care about any of this.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 04:39:56 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9336 on: November 16, 2018, 04:34:30 PM »
Well ...
I set up a new flag, turned my old one over to the American Legion down the street for proper retirement.
This is not mine. A bit prettier in flight than any pic I could take in this weather.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9337 on: November 16, 2018, 04:38:08 PM »

Honestly, I've no idea what it was but it wasn't the first time and won't be the last.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9338 on: November 16, 2018, 04:39:12 PM »
Well ...
I set up a new flag, turned my old one over to the American Legion down the street for proper retirement.
This is not mine. A bit prettier in flight than any pic I could take in this weather.

It's very pretty in flight.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9339 on: November 16, 2018, 04:57:43 PM »

Honestly, I've no idea what it was but it wasn't the first time and won't be the last.
Probably right. I know he has told me that he will no longer talk to me more than once and yet he continues.
I was serious when I used that "bury old hatchets" metaphor. I see no reason why he and I should not talk MORE.

The simple fact that we disagree on many subjects invites a dialog.

I also meant my best wishes for his family.
Honestly, I think the license for him to tell me what I can do has expired, though. I will respond to what ever I see that I know about and guess what!!!   IT WILL BE ABOUT ME and what I do know.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:00:35 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9340 on: November 16, 2018, 04:59:23 PM »
Well ...

It's very pretty in flight.

Can not miss that set of colors.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9341 on: November 16, 2018, 06:04:37 PM »
Cooked up some nice medallions of pork tenderloin.  Covered in bread crumbs and sauteed to perfection.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9342 on: November 16, 2018, 08:10:28 PM »
Took a ride...looked at some property.

About 5 1/2 acres and a trailer in the middle of nowhere.

Nice area, but the main property was low and cut in the middle and back by two streams that look like seasonal flood risks, the trailer is beyond saving, and 3 acres are straight up a cliff.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9343 on: November 16, 2018, 08:26:38 PM »

Nice area, but the main property was low and cut in the middle and back by two streams that look like seasonal flood risks, the trailer is beyond saving, and 3 acres are straight up a cliff.

Yep, that would send up a red flag considering the amount of rain we've had recently.  I love the sounds of a stream, but not that close especially thinking of the spring thaw!  And trailers, well, you can't fix those like a regular house. 

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9344 on: November 16, 2018, 08:44:17 PM »

Yep, that would send up a red flag considering the amount of rain we've had recently.  I love the sounds of a stream, but not that close especially thinking of the spring thaw!  And trailers, well, you can't fix those like a regular house.

Always wanted a stream in the back yard...or overlooking the river on a hill...I like being close to water, but not in my living room close. :laugh: