Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157657 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9315 on: November 09, 2018, 11:22:18 PM »
^I hope you both got to the concert in plenty of time.

I have cleaned up two lots of cat sick, brought in and folded a load of washing, hung some more out and caught up with family goings on via Facebook.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9316 on: November 10, 2018, 08:32:56 AM »

Yep and it was fabulous!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9317 on: November 10, 2018, 10:47:17 AM »
I was lucky.  I only had one mess of cat sick.  But it was on my bed and pillow.  So I slept in the small room.

Coffee and toast. Bath.

The fire alarm in my bedroom has been going off and on and off and on and off................... since early last night.  I've never changed the batteries in a fire alarm before.  Wish me luck and no broken bones.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9318 on: November 10, 2018, 04:25:54 PM »
At the beginning I was convinced that the only reason my daughter was going with me was to show off her awesome Steam Punk outfit that she worked for months to get together. Some improvements since her homecoming dance were in question, but not to me. She fucking looked great! 18fucking80 rocking out and set for a steam trip!!
She even found herself a leather purse that resembled a hard sided scientist's kit. It was too new looking though. It looked like she just bought it, which she had. I had helped her to age it with stains and sandpaper and using my wood burning apparatus. (one of the many talents I learned doing photography)

Toward the end I was convinced that she was almost (almost) as into this concert as I was.

It was an amazing night for so many reasons I can only touch on if I do a wall of text.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 04:30:03 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9319 on: November 10, 2018, 04:36:30 PM »
I was lucky.  I only had one mess of cat sick.  But it was on my bed and pillow.  So I slept in the small room.

Coffee and toast. Bath.

The fire alarm in my bedroom has been going off and on and off and on and off................... since early last night.  I've never changed the batteries in a fire alarm before.  Wish me luck and no broken bones.

Fire alarms are handy when you forget something on the stove or in the oven. Beep beep beep - oh, that'll be the chicken.

I can reach ours to change the batteries without standing on my toes or straightening my arms. Good luck with your climbing.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9320 on: November 10, 2018, 06:24:58 PM »
The smoke (not fire - my bad) detector beeping stopped this morning.  I still bought some new batteries.  I may make the climb tomorrow. 

I never cook unless I'm in the kitchen and usually use the microwave.  The PR is watched fairly closely so no fires since 2014.

Bought The PR a sweatshirt and a sort of heavy house pair pants for Christmas presents. 

Gave blood.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9321 on: November 13, 2018, 09:40:42 AM »
Late last night I cut into strips and browned up a decent beef roast and began a beef/vegetable soup. Cold out - soup season!

A bit early for lunch here, but my plan is to use my "ear of corn"  cast iron bakeware to have cornbread ready with the soup once it is time.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9322 on: November 13, 2018, 08:59:23 PM »
Brought the last of my cacti in the house for the winter
Went to two wholesalers looking for foil faced insulation
Lost my phone in my backyard found it four hours later when my son came home and called it for me
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9323 on: November 13, 2018, 11:07:33 PM »
Bought a new volcano book!   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9324 on: November 14, 2018, 02:20:18 AM »
Is it about a specific volcano or about volcanoes in general?

I went for a morning walk and then came home and had a nap. Took Kayleigh to the doctor, hardly any waiting this time. Came home. About to start sweeping then mopping.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9325 on: November 14, 2018, 12:02:25 PM »
Worked. Dropped off wife & daughter at the airport. Fed the remaining family. Walked the dog.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9326 on: November 14, 2018, 01:12:03 PM »

I went for a morning walk and then came home and had a nap. Took Kayleigh to the doctor, hardly any waiting this time. Came home. About to start sweeping then mopping.

It's about a well known Volcanologist in his field, Don Swanson.  I have a few books detailing their own experiences in the field!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9327 on: November 14, 2018, 08:39:47 PM »

It's about a well known Volcanologist in his field, Don Swanson.  I have a few books detailing their own experiences in the field!
Very cool. :)

All I have done is get up, take meds and had breakfast (Cornflakes).
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9328 on: November 14, 2018, 09:34:02 PM »
Started a Kung-Fu class with Amber since she's concerned about going to the YMCA alone after "he who is not to be named" acted like an asshole last week.   Glad I did, I actually enjoy this class, the mental discipline and focus I really do need!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9329 on: November 14, 2018, 09:56:24 PM »

Weather was not pleasant.  Shopping was the plan. Everything is Christmas, though, so I headed to a record shop I had not been to in several years, down in Broad Ripple, kind of north side Indianapolis. Yeah, a bit of a drive, but across the street is a fine tobacco shop as well. I bought a new pipe.
BUT ...
Found the first Rusted Root album and I was hesitant to even give it a second thought. Already had a really nice copy of Plastic Ono Band, Double Fantasy in my hands and Disraeli Gears.
Honestly, here I go again. I did not know so many of these "newer" albums were even available on LP. It looked like it had never been played.
I bought all three.