Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157668 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9300 on: October 27, 2018, 06:34:24 PM »

For me, I end up pushing myself past any comfort and I tweak out an old injury to my back. Then it is take it easy for a day or two, like it or not. Then when I am ready, it rains and if I want to get back on schedule, I have to get wet.
Not as bad as really being sick or anything, but annoying.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9301 on: October 27, 2018, 08:47:27 PM »
A little housework, grocery shopping, meals...

The usual suspicious activities.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9302 on: October 28, 2018, 12:36:51 AM »
My third and final day of working in the office is now over. I'll be at home for a week now. :woohoo:
:GA:

Home for the week?
 :woohoo:

Yes. No travel, just working from home.

Of course, I got sick today. Typical.

Not sure that getting sick for your week home was authorized. You might find yourself culpable regarding multiple violations. Get better and do not test my resolute expectation of compliance.
 :laugh:
Sorry, but that getting sick thing when you have worked over a bit happens to me quite often.
Get better soon!
 :viking:

Thanks.

Nope, it wasn't authorised and there were no happy faces.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9303 on: October 28, 2018, 04:48:40 PM »
Demolished a useless brick BBQ in the backyard. With a sledgehammer.

It was only a 7 pound hammer. But it did the job. Brick structures are easy to knock down. The BBQ was double brick but a few good swings was all it took to smash a few bricks off.

Good cement is a lot harder. I wouldn't want to try to bust up a cement driveway with a 7 pound hammer. When I was an oversized 12 year old I busted up all our old footpaths and driveway with a 14 pound sledgehammer, jeez my parents were mad when they found out. Actually it was my allotted task when we renovated and extended our house, they weren't actually mad.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9304 on: October 28, 2018, 08:06:13 PM »
Just returned, unpacked and all that return home jazz from our annual vacation in Florida.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9305 on: October 29, 2018, 12:56:58 AM »
Not sure I'll do all that much today. I'm still sick.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9306 on: October 29, 2018, 05:02:11 AM »
Went for a walk (it was really windy), art group for a while, then went to Specsavers (again) so Kayleigh could exchange her frames for ones she likes better. Did a bit a shopping then came home and watched Dr Who.

After that I crashed and went to bed for an hour. Been tired lately.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9307 on: November 05, 2018, 08:23:12 PM »
Fixed one of those electric fireplace heaters for a friend.

One $2 switch and a new bulb for the flame effect.

Seriously nothing to them but decoration...the heating element is around the size of a can of red bull...but they do throw some heat. The cats are going to be sorry to see it leave.  :zoinks: 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9308 on: November 05, 2018, 08:40:42 PM »
Fixed one of those electric fireplace heaters for a friend.

One $2 switch and a new bulb for the flame effect.

Seriously nothing to them but decoration...the heating element is around the size of a can of red bull...but they do throw some heat. The cats are going to be sorry to see it leave.  :zoinks:

You rock! 

You will have to sustain your cats with "lurve"  and stuff.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9309 on: November 05, 2018, 08:44:26 PM »

I got "really close" to getting done outside, but we got rained out to use a baseball metaphor.

I think that the wet that was predicted for tomorrow, came early. Does not affect me at the polls at all, since I voted early.

Just need another bit of time.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9310 on: November 06, 2018, 12:23:22 AM »
Not yet done but I'll be going to the optometrist to pick up my glasses, then coming home and ringing the Irlen clinic again to book an appointment. They're not answering and I think it's something to do with the Melbourne Cup.

I'll also be going to the cinema tonight with a friend to see Bohemian Rhapsody. I grew up listening to Queen so I should enjoy it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9311 on: November 06, 2018, 10:40:11 AM »
Voted!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9312 on: November 06, 2018, 10:54:45 AM »
Nellie and I will vote later today.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9313 on: November 06, 2018, 06:03:39 PM »
Voted this morning, cleaned up and stored some yard stuff in the shed for the season.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9314 on: November 09, 2018, 05:23:36 PM »

I actually rocked out with much of the trimmings from the forest out back. Over the past few days we have cut down so many squirrel planted trees that I allowed to get out of hand. I have spent a great deal of the day getting the trees to a manageable size that fits our back yard fire pit.

I know, they will not be ready to burn well until the spring. BUT, turning a pile of rubbish into something we can use is always at the top of list of important things to do.

NOW, I AM WAITING ON MY DAUGHTER!!

We have a special concert to attend. Got it all mapped out, wanted to leave a bit ago, but she IS NOT YET ready to go.
The car is running, heated up fairly well. We are ready to go.

I know that womanhood started in the bathroom, but NOT before my concert!! Stupid, I know, she is seventeen and she has been a woman for several years already. It's just that  -  NOT NOW!!

WE NEED TO GO!!

Attempting to find the humor. I will light a cigar since this endless waiting is akin to  waiting for childbirth.

I just want to get there, then things will be fine. We have an hour drive ahead of us. Still lots of time, but  ... lighting the cigar.