Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157665 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9165 on: August 20, 2018, 12:33:49 PM »
Shopped, paid bills, tended to my plants, laundry, and am now chilling. :nicegear:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9166 on: August 20, 2018, 05:24:36 PM »
Began to sort out my office,  it had become a place to put things to get them out of the way and was crowded and unusable
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9167 on: August 20, 2018, 06:24:46 PM »
Heh you'd be surprised what you can make in a couple of days work DD. The investment in precursors is usually trivial. Was going to use ebay as a really rough guide, not that I'd (yeah, yeah, I see the puns already) expose myself for a cheap buck if I were in that field. But while the best price on there now is almost 90 dollars/100ml of nitroethane, have seen it go for about 20 a liter inc. shippin and somewhere around 12-15 GBP for a liter of top notch benzaldehyde. All thats needed from there is some glacial acetic acid, some ferric chloride (only a few grams a liter of FeCl3 hydrate are needed at most, its catalytic, although not worth the price saving the iron based oxide wastes), iron metal powder and hydroxylamine. Already have iron dust, GAA I use as a solvent frequently enough, hydroxylamine, not costed it recently but already have plenty of the HCl salt, some ammonium formate as well, which can be made from fertilizer, lye and kitchen kettle descaler if you were going to do it on the cheap and didn't have standards. Formic acid isn't expensive any how.

Plus an amine base, a pretty good combination in triethylenetetramine (made into the acetate salt by dissolving the freebase amine in GAA) plus about 20% of a secondary amine base of a cyclic nature, together the two it seems make rather a good Knoevanagel catalyst and the solvents for workup, that can be recycled by distillation, after washing and drying.

Oh, and a microwave oven, a non-electronic thermometer, flask, a piece of unused kitchen towel or bog roll to prevent P2NP fumes vaporizing out and exerting a teargas effect on anyone in the vicinity not wearing sealed goggles, and a gas mask. The thermometer needing to be of the alcohol type given liquid metal is not the kind of thing you want in a microwave.

Near quantitative yields done solventless or in a little additional nitroethane that is later recycled by vacuum distillation. Solvents needed for recrystallization, all in all starting from scratch with NO resources other than a microwave and some bog roll, I should imagine one could get everything you needed to make a kg of racemic methamphetamine or amphetamine, N-ethylamphetamine if you've got some flair for novelty and a nice product without the rough edges of meth but with a good deal more potency than straight primary amine, via P2P formation with iron, catalytic FeCl3 in either conc. HCl or in GAA, extraction with dichloromethane, again recyclable via distillation using catalytic transfer hydrogenation to reduce P2P ketoxime to amphetamine, or borohydride, molecular sieves and ethylamine made from reduction of nitroethane to prepare it in the absence of diethylamine or triethylamine, or, go by reduction of the double bond in P2NP to the equivalent phenylnitropropane using 3.5-4 molar equivalents of sodium borohydride with respect to the P2NP (prevents Michael addition of 1-phenyl-2-beta-nitropropene and 1-phenyl-2-beta-nitropropane) followed by the use of iron, ferric chloride in glacial acetic acid, 80-85 'C temperature range, I should imagine, for the acidic iron reduction and reduce directly to amphetamine. Not sure how that'd work out price range wise, but at least 150 percent, outlay of a few hundred, and 150 % would be mates rates, and considering the product would not be cut, stepped on, fucking contaminated with inert garbage to pad it out. Which as a chemist, the thought of is quite honestly enough to make me almost choke on my protein shake in disgust. And I certainly would have no part in it if I were in such a line of work, and I wouldn't sell product to anybody that did, or at most, grams at high prices, and they'd have to suck it otherwise because personal supply is all I could logically speaking, guarantee would be remaining uncut.

I'd not have my good name befouled, is what I mean.

Still, as a chemist I can definitely appreciate the sorts of profit margins can be accessible. If I were to turn to such a line of employment that is. Few hundred quid start up costs, initial profits sunk right into the next batch, plus a bit of profit, and buying better equipment etc., and anyone interested in the amphetamines business could find themselves making a tidy sum. Street garbage thats 10% product, 90% cut, or even half that if its really shit, at the worse end goes for a tenner a gram! for even an oz thats 280 quid to sink in if it were garbage, 400-500 if you were gonna properly do things, and it all be uncut, hell, more if you were willing to spend the time resolving the enantiomers to give pure dextro- using enantiopure tartaric acid for selective crystallization.

Don't ask me how I know such things. It's just the sort of knowledge a competent chemist would have, and of course if one already had the equipment, never mind much of the supplies to make it, or all of them, or make a selection, like a cheese board, only more of a speed-board :autism:....that'd be the initial investment taken care of.

Shit, I shouldn't think about such things, because the more I actually crunch the numbers the nicer it looks haha. Not that I'd ever do such a thing myself of course. But even doing excellent pricing from a consumer point of view and moving uncut stuff by the oz and by the key, that'd be very good work, saving society from shitty amphetamines  one member at a time, with clean product not made via a mercury salts-aluminium based reductive  amination process using P2P, but with mercury-free processes, CTH or borohydride and then acidic iron reduction  P2NP>P2NPane>amphetamine that'd work out pretty profitable DD.

Why, thinking of taking it up as a line of work?
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9168 on: August 20, 2018, 08:47:21 PM »
Bank deposit

got garbage ready, but probably won't put it until Thursday evening for Friday pickup

washed The PR's hair

played games (Toon Blast and gin rummy on my cell phone)

read a book on my Kindle (early b'day/mothers day/christmas present) from The PR
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9169 on: August 22, 2018, 12:40:05 AM »
Sweet FA, really. Went out for a long walk, paid two bills over the phone. Read stuff on the internet, including here.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9170 on: August 22, 2018, 02:09:43 AM »
Went around and around in circles about a bug that wasn't a bug (just someone looking at the wrong screen).

Ate a kebab-in-a-box. I asked for hommus and chili and they only gave me chili. It was still good.

Followed that up with some overpriced organic milk chocolate. It was good but not worth the $4.49 for an 80g bar.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9171 on: August 22, 2018, 02:14:09 AM »
Followed that up with some overpriced organic milk chocolate. It was good but not worth the $4.49 for an 80g bar.

Moser Roth stuff is Fairtrade.  A$2.26 for an 120g bar! It must all be very expensive over there.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9172 on: August 22, 2018, 02:28:38 AM »

Moser Roth stuff is Fairtrade.  A$2.26 for an 120g bar! It must all be very expensive over there.

Yes, I know that most of the Aldi chocolate is fairtrade.

The bar I bought today just looked interesting. It was milk chocolate but still 44% cocoa. And it was sweetened with coconut nectar instead of sugar.

No regrets, it was good and it was different. Just not $56 a kilo good.

It was from a supermarket in the fancy part of the CBD, obviously stocked with high-end products because a lot of the people who live and/or work in that area have money coming out of their arses.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9173 on: August 22, 2018, 02:35:34 AM »
Yes, I know that most of the Aldi chocolate is fairtrade.

The bar I bought today just looked interesting. It was milk chocolate but still 44% cocoa. And it was sweetened with coconut nectar instead of sugar.

No regrets, it was good and it was different. Just not $56 a kilo good.

It was from a supermarket in the fancy part of the CBD, obviously stocked with high-end products because a lot of the people who live and/or work in that area have money coming out of their arses.

I want products that get me where I want to be.  If I like it I buy it again.  If not, I don't.

I bet they have other poncy stuff there like that Royce stuff I bought.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9174 on: August 22, 2018, 01:13:56 PM »
Worked in the office. Had a chat with my boss.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9175 on: August 22, 2018, 02:21:39 PM »
Ate a kebab-in-a-box.

Is that something AUstralian?  Like HSP?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9176 on: August 22, 2018, 02:35:31 PM »
Ate some of my birthday cake.  Still some left.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9177 on: August 22, 2018, 05:41:08 PM »
Helped a friend clean out his attic, so much stuff, dust and spiders :zombiefuck:  There must have been more than twenty boxes of old taxes and paper work but I also found a box of old comics from the 40s and 50s and ten rolls of silver quarters which comes out to just over $1000 worth of silver :o
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9178 on: August 22, 2018, 06:31:16 PM »
Helped a friend clean out his attic, so much stuff, dust and spiders :zombiefuck:  There must have been more than twenty boxes of old taxes and paper work but I also found a box of old comics from the 40s and 50s and ten rolls of silver quarters which comes out to just over $1000 worth of silver :o

Sweet!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9179 on: August 22, 2018, 08:43:01 PM »

A little over value there, but silver is silver!  Mention to your friend that silver spot price has gone down quite a bit this month. Sit on them for a while and watch spot to peak before selling them for silver content.

... or hell, just take the money and run.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.