Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157647 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9105 on: July 24, 2018, 06:01:54 PM »
Could you have gotten water in the line QV? if so, you could try using HEET (IIRC its methanol mostly) to dehydrate it in the tank.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9106 on: July 24, 2018, 06:08:58 PM »
I would get a full tank of fuel at another gas station and give that a try.

Does your carriage act like fuel is not getting through, eventually conk out, then after a couple of minutes it fires up and runs fine? My last car used to do that, it was the fuel filter.

“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #9107 on: July 24, 2018, 06:18:30 PM »
Could you have gotten water in the line QV? if so, you could try using HEET (IIRC its methanol mostly) to dehydrate it in the tank.

Most gas here in the US already contains about 10% methanol or ethanol.

It's nasty shit anyways because it will absorb moisture from the atmosphere. In my motorcycles I always us the "clear" 91 octane gas with no alcohol.

It's not much of an issue here in the high desert but when I go over the mountains into the "wet" side of Oregon, it's a lot more humid.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9108 on: July 24, 2018, 08:02:49 PM »
it's at the mechanic's so he's going to do his magic.  I was bringing it in for a tune-up and freon in the A/C.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9109 on: July 24, 2018, 09:06:59 PM »

Most gas here in the US already contains about 10% methanol or ethanol.

It's nasty shit anyways because it will absorb moisture from the atmosphere. In my motorcycles I always us the "clear" 91 octane gas with no alcohol.

It's not much of an issue here in the high desert but when I go over the mountains into the "wet" side of Oregon, it's a lot more humid.

It is common to have troubles here when you run your tank down close to empty and low temperature are steadily near zero Fahrenheit at night. Lots of condensation in our gas tanks.

Do you know if any of those fuel additives actually help to homogenize or emulsify water so that it can be less harmful to a fuel system?

My answer seems to work in all three of our cars; just keep the damn tank full. The water will be on the bottom of the tank and your intake will float well above all that condensation.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9110 on: July 25, 2018, 04:13:29 AM »
Did some light cleaning around the house. Walked the dog. Played with the dog.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9111 on: July 25, 2018, 04:49:01 AM »
What sort of dog do you have Odeon? (talking about your 4 legged dog here, not your forum bitch)

My wife and daughter want a West Highland Terrier.

My son would like a German Shepherd.

I would like a Golden Retriever.

Happy wife, happy life, we're going to get a West Highland Terrier once I'm locked into a permanent role (hopefully just over a month away).
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #9112 on: July 25, 2018, 05:51:28 AM »
What sort of dog do you have Odeon? (talking about your 4 legged dog here, not your forum bitch)

Happy wife, happy life, we're going to get a West Highland Terrier once I'm locked into a permanent role (hopefully just over a month away).

I hope it does not catch fleas from you.

I had a trying day and blew up at a workmate. They got me chocolates as an apology.
She is not a bad person just a bit thoughtless and someone who is trying to elevate herself and tried it on with me. I was a bit harsh and grumpy. Others kind of said when she left that they had wanted to say the same. I think she is just still new and trying to make a name for herself and prove she is on top of things. She just needs to stop trying to do it by trying to drag others down. Its an under confidence thing. Better for her to work cooperatively.

I am a bit of a grumpy bastard. I have chocolates tomorrow :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:57:51 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9113 on: July 25, 2018, 06:05:15 AM »
Bought cat food and a new vacuum cleaner. It's Black & Decker and supposed to be great at picking up pet hair.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #9114 on: July 25, 2018, 07:35:30 AM »
Bought cat food and a new vacuum cleaner. It's Black & Decker and supposed to be great at picking up pet hair.

This reminds me of a joke from childhood.

What do you call a black chick with braces??  A Black & Decker Pecker Wrecker!!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9115 on: July 26, 2018, 12:43:36 AM »

She's a Spanish Water Dog.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9116 on: August 05, 2018, 05:56:24 PM »
Helped a friend move part of his record collection.  This is just some of the 15000 or so 45s :o
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9117 on: August 05, 2018, 06:27:48 PM »
Helped a friend move part of his record collection.  This is just some of the 15000 or so 45s :o

That shit is fucking awesome!!

You knew someone like me would get all drooly and shit! I only have a few (maybe five hundred, about fifty worth keeping) ;45s.
I do have a fairly advanced collection of LPs. I rarely see that many seven inch singles even in an established store. WOW!!

I do have eight "twelve inch DJ type 45RPM singles or doubles" which sound amazing, but maybe it is a dying format.

I also see what looks like a Bogen or Manfrotto tripod back there. I should have jacked your truck!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 06:32:23 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9118 on: August 05, 2018, 07:59:23 PM »
When I see stuff like that, I think about the people who will have to deal with the hoard after they're dead.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9119 on: August 05, 2018, 08:38:59 PM »
Then you will struggle to practice empathy for us when my mom's time comes since she has not only a huge garage but a barn half full of "stuff."

Now to be kind to her, she has spent some time organizing some of it. All picture albums are labeled with just who the fuck all these people are and she has already distributed copies at her own expense of this huge bounty of family history to the other wannabe matriarchs of the family, on both sides, BTW.
That part is handled!

Now all that antique crap! And SHIT just the musical instruments that my father saved.
I already have all those music things that I want and have given my mom instructions as to which cousin might want what other treasure from their blessed uncle, long gone.

Every time I talk to her these days she has come up with some "new" ancient thing of value to dispatch properly to the right person.
Hey! At least some of this is happening while I sleep.

Still -  hoarders R us!