Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157588 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9060 on: July 07, 2018, 02:51:59 PM »
Have you ever had a Marionberry pie?

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9061 on: July 07, 2018, 03:52:26 PM »
I'd  eat  both those pies and still be hungry for more pies.

As for what I've done today...a lot of extraction work, extracting several liters of liquid containing something I want to take out of it, repeatedly cycling putting the whole shebang in a big vac filtration flask, adding toluene and sticking the stirrer on to allow the tolly to mix well with the basified rxn liquor; followed by pouring the mixture out into a large separatory funnel, and some beakers to hold what the sep funnel couldn't hold until I'd poured enough of the liquid back into the vac flask to pour all the liquid out into the funnel, the toluene forms a layer on top, so the remaining liquid can just be poured out first by turning the stopcock on the funnel. Then more and more gets poured in, and the large volume of liquid tapped off again, until the entire tolly layer has been harvested, that whole procedure done three times, might try a fourth.

Then the tolly was dried over quicklime, and after letting the calcium hydroxide left behind (slaked lime) settle, decanted and filtered, the spent quicklime solids  washed with another portion of dry toluene.

Next stop will be to crystallize it, distilling off a large amount of toluene for recycling, and rigging up a gas generator, gas the remainder with dry hydrogen chloride gas to crystallize the product, hopefully.

Had a funny accident earlier, no loss and noone hurt, just tipped a volumetric cylinder full of water out onto the roof from the upper floor window. Right where the sun was shining and heating the surface, what came out?

Only a nugget of white phosphorus that had been hidden from sight by the plastic base stand. First thing I knew was seeing this trail of white smoke emanating from the roof top, before suddenly bursting into a garlicky-smelling blazing liquid inferno, oozing across the roof and absolutely pelting it down with a MASSIVE smoke cloud, bloody huge for a piece of WP that can hide within the plastic collar thats attached to the base stand of the measuring cylinder. Absolutely fucking huge billowing white cloud of acid smog (its phosphorus pentoxide, P2O5 [actually P4O10, its dimeric], the anhydride of phosphoric acid.)

Was like someone set off a fucking smoke grenade on the roof. If the neighbors had been out in the garden then they'd have seen that fuckoff great cloud of acid fumes  rolling across the roof of the house and down the alley to the side for entry from front or back.

Also, downloaded a .PDF ebook about carbonate esters, how to make them, how to use them, and all manner of a LOT of very interesting chemistry indeed. Thankfully using my old man's printer, as it showed a message when mostly through the 28 pages saying the ink is running low. Got to use his paper and ink, suits me, as this is less just a PDF than when printed, a small to modest  book.

Now just about to start watching family guy, after I've quickly gone and checked up on the extraction in the lab.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #9062 on: July 07, 2018, 08:51:56 PM »
You wanted it, you got it. Cunt.

I wanted you being catty and acting like a mean girl? You are a middle aged man. You are embarrassing yourself with your level of cringe and you do not even realise it. In the same way you do not gauge that your attempts to reframe your actions as mine or play a victim or throw projections of your own shortcomings my way is especially stupid given my signature has clickable links to the exact moment in time that YOU broke the truce. You are a fuckwit. A slimy little fuckwit

Says the spineless dishonest little cunt who is now using his daughter in this feud. Tell me, how long did you have your previous signature? And remind me, what did it say?

Stop lying to yourself.

I imagined you a five year old yelling at the injustice of the world. My last signature, I had not looked at for a while and have no idea what it said. I know it was something critical about you and your actions. I think it was something about you breaking a truce, kind of ironic, running theme.

You did not like it did you? You like this one better though no doubt. Kind of thought so. The other one was no doubt aged. I see you have a signature too. I wonder how long you have had that or who it is about? I don't of course wonder these things I know it is about me and I do not care much for this obvious hypocrisy more than to point it out again. More hypocrisy from the crybully Odeon.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9063 on: July 08, 2018, 01:06:31 AM »
So, you didn't even know or care what was in your sig? Explains a lot. Do you know what's there now?

I guess ignorance and lying go hand in hand. Cunt.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9064 on: July 08, 2018, 02:17:48 AM »
So, you didn't even know or care what was in your sig? Explains a lot. Do you know what's there now?

I guess ignorance and lying go hand in hand. Cunt.

Sure but I put the signature in how many days ago? The signature before I put in how many days before. Don't try that intellectually dishonest attempt at relativism because it is blatantly not alike or relative. Don't be fucking stupid.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9065 on: July 08, 2018, 07:30:16 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9066 on: July 08, 2018, 08:43:10 AM »
Have you ever had a Marionberry pie?

Those blackberries are quite different from basically wild raspberries.
Yes, I have found them in small markets, but finding raspberries, which are considered mostly wild and very rare in black (they are actually a deep blue color, hardly black).

I like all berries, for that matter, but blackberries are far from raspberries.

They are rare here, as are the native raspberries. If I lived in the west, then maybe I could find them for a few weeks per year. Here, in central Indiana, they are  quite rare.

The cherries I used came from South America from a big box store (***mart) and the raspberries my wife found came from a local farmer market, importing from Northern Indiana.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:44:50 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9067 on: July 08, 2018, 08:51:43 AM »

I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.
Ending this argument once and for all time. Stay tuned; I will let you know how it goes.

:autism:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9068 on: July 08, 2018, 08:54:01 AM »

Being called a moron from you is like being called ugly by a blobfish.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9069 on: July 08, 2018, 10:38:18 AM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9070 on: July 08, 2018, 04:24:15 PM »
LOL Al!

I have to say though, I'm quite surprised you've ever heard of blobfish; it isn't like you get out much when you live in the bottom of an abyss and your next door neighbor is a floodplain of aeons-old festering slime beneath several miles of black, ice cold crushing pressure amid vents spewing a slurry of toxic hydrogen sulfide and minerals where the water temperature is hot enough to melt lead.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #9071 on: July 09, 2018, 12:26:45 AM »
Saw Yellow Submarine in the theatre. What a blast on the big screen,
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9072 on: July 09, 2018, 12:33:02 AM »
Went for an early morning walk, went to a craft session run by the mental health people - just used gel pens to colour a mandala, not really craft - came home and swept the lounge room and kitchen. Now about to hang some washing out. Taking advantage of this sunny weather we're having.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9073 on: July 09, 2018, 02:58:26 AM »
Al, sorry, but this time odeon is right. YOU started this last lot of shit-flinging. I saw you do it.

Odeon posted that what he was doing was 'not much yet, I just got up'. NOT something that can  be called a personal attack by any stretch of the imagination. And  you replied 'Well you have a full day of hypocrisy, projection, sliminess, cattiness, righteous indignation and crybullying. Sounds like it is another jam-packed day. Sounds awesome!'

So that was you first, starting the shit.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9074 on: July 09, 2018, 03:27:38 AM »
Al, sorry, but this time odeon is right. YOU started this last lot of shit-flinging. I saw you do it.

Odeon posted that what he was doing was 'not much yet, I just got up'. NOT something that can  be called a personal attack by any stretch of the imagination. And  you replied 'Well you have a full day of hypocrisy, projection, sliminess, cattiness, righteous indignation and crybullying. Sounds like it is another jam-packed day. Sounds awesome!'

So that was you first, starting the shit.

Go shit started a few days before that. Link in my signature