Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 158517 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9000 on: June 21, 2018, 04:15:03 PM »
Well, this was fun. The train back home was two hours late when it finally arrived.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9001 on: June 21, 2018, 06:45:11 PM »
Took a nice walk and found an animal tail by the roadside.  Intact and looked like it had been "snipped" off.  It resembles a chipmunk tail, but is much larger.  About 7-8 inches or so.  I brought it home and put it on the back porch for future identification.

Might have been pinched off by a car,  when I was a kid one of our dogs like to chase the car and it tail got caught under the wheel and lost it.  I was less than five and remember seeing it in the street looking like a hot dog :zombiefuck:  The dog survived that encounter but was left with just a stubby tail

Not sure, your explanation sounds right, but, I'll leave that for the future to decide,   
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #9002 on: June 24, 2018, 12:30:32 PM »
Took my refrigerator apart again. Water now flows from top to bottom for sure.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:38:39 PM by Trigger 11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9003 on: June 24, 2018, 05:44:23 PM »
Had an annoying but not serious medical problem around sunrise that kept kept me up for about 3 hours.

Watched TV

That's it.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9004 on: June 24, 2018, 07:02:50 PM »
I'm holding out for my next 'lucky random find', to be a fridge, or better yet, a pair of fridges, for rigging up a vacuum pump actually. Although I might just go to the local town dump some time in the dead of  night with a backpack, some wirecutters, a set of screwdrivers, hacksaw, mini-crowbar and hand-drill oe battery driven drill, and go climb over a few fences to get to the section where fridges and freezers are dumped, so I can go disembowell a few freezers (freezers in the hope the pumps will be more powerful than the ones in fridges)

Plus some spares, for rather than chaining them up, to see if I can find any that use anhydrous ammonia, a useful solvent for some specialized chemical reactions involving dissolving group I or II metals, such as lithium, sodium, potassium, calcium, strontium and barium, I'll go with a list of reference numbers and mini torch, one of those pound store little LED torches that are cheap as shit but super bright, the references are for the different refrigerants I'm likely to encounter, the freons would be useful as inert solvents for cryogenic temperature work.

Shit QV, whats wrong hun? are you OK now? is her royal snugglyness OK?
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9005 on: June 25, 2018, 09:11:35 AM »
So far, tried 3 times to get The PR up.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9006 on: June 25, 2018, 10:37:44 AM »
Is she alright? or just being a cute little sleepyhead? if its the latter then 'AWWWWWWwwwwww' :) You think its hard to wake HER up though? you are lucky that you neither gave birth to me, or that the PR and I aren't an item, because if I were famous, I'd end up being legendary, for my ability to sleep in. Don't think hours, think days, plural. And nights, at times both. If sleeping were a competitive sport, then I'd be thought of similar to the chess player gary kasparov is at chess, only, in sleeping. At least when I CAN sleep. I haven't really GOT what you would call a sleep cycle, I never have had one, but when I do, I can sleep for an awfully long time. Its falling asleep that is the problem. Once I'm there, staying there isn't just easy, its as much a given thing as a cobra being venomous or a politician being good being a fucking  hilarious concept.

Have to admit, the thought of the PR curled up asleep is just adorable :)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9007 on: June 25, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »
Is she alright? or just being a cute little sleepyhead? if its the latter then 'AWWWWWWwwwwww' :) You think its hard to wake HER up though? you are lucky that you neither gave birth to me, or that the PR and I aren't an item, because if I were famous, I'd end up being legendary, for my ability to sleep in. Don't think hours, think days, plural. And nights, at times both. If sleeping were a competitive sport, then I'd be thought of similar to the chess player gary kasparov is at chess, only, in sleeping. At least when I CAN sleep. I haven't really GOT what you would call a sleep cycle, I never have had one, but when I do, I can sleep for an awfully long time. Its falling asleep that is the problem. Once I'm there, staying there isn't just easy, its as much a given thing as a cobra being venomous or a politician being good being a fucking  hilarious concept.

Have to admit, the thought of the PR curled up asleep is just adorable :)

Nope, she was just being a sluggard.  And her snoring is NOT adorable.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:14:20 PM by Queen Victoria »

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9008 on: June 25, 2018, 04:30:14 PM »
:P

Well, there are far worse sins, on the grand scale of things than snoring. I've been working through them...kinda...poke-sin, gotta commit 'em all.  And I've probably broken most if not all of the ten commandments  if that counts.

Stone tablets...shiny trading cards, I see a parallel there :P

Adultery is the only one that doesn't appeal to me. Well unless shagging animals is in there somewhere. That doesn't much appeal to me either, and I swore off it after my last NT ex girlfriend. Although I did see this golden retriever that....

No, kidding of course. Ick. I don't think some people quite realized what was intended when asked 'could you go for a hot dog now?'

I have cheated on someone, twice in my life. Once when I was just a kid, and the second, it was with that NT ex gf I mentioned, she was fucking AWFUL, absolutely no redeeming features, not even looks. I don't remember how or why I ever agreed ever to see her again when introduced to her. She was the bloody pits. And then in came cazzie, the classic autie brunette nuclear fireball of a woman, the younger of the ex fiancees, the one I miss every day, and will until the end of my life, the girl who really didn't mess around when  she came on to me, if thats the right word for what she did by way of err...introduction???

She just charged on in there, and took over. I left the other girl, but Cazzie had gotten off with me before she did, we hadn't slept together, after all it was in the middle of a forest and there were people around, and I hadn't got protection, otherwise, we probably would have, at least, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Although without protection I could hardly do so with a 14yo girl, and create proof enough to land me in shit city. Otherwise, no. And I don't plan to either. I only get with people that I want to, because I love and value them, if I don't, then I wouldn't see whoever it is as being someone I should or would get with to begin with. And if I do, then of course I'm not going to do something like that.

Cazzie, she got me out of the relationship from hell that was more a ball and chain around my ankle than a girlfriend, and replaced it (and the then soon to be made ex formally speaking), with an absolutely STUNNING young woman, with the most amazing body, great personality and there was just this something about the prosody of her speech that for whatever reason, was really hot, she had this distinctive kinda spazzy way of speaking, especially when she would call my name when we'd meet up and go cannonballing into each other and wrap ourselves around each other, squeezing hard for all we were worth, when she spoke, she had this way of starting at a lower pitch and slowly rising, as well as drawing out and sort of stretching the words, sounded really speshul, I don't know why, but there was just something about her voice that I find completely irresistable. There is no WAY I could have said 'no' to her if she had actually asked me out, rather than marching in there and taking me for herself. With that voice of hers, one word, if she'd bothered to speak at all before she grabbed me and dragged me off to her cave, and I wouldn't have been able to help myself but to turn into a pile of jelly in her arms. All she had to do was talk, and I melted, her own name was enough to make me damn near fold at the knees.

Total knockout, so, yeah, I did then, to get out of a nightmare of a relationship. But I am not that sort of person. And the time as a kid I regret.

So, I think, snoring I could live with and overlook. Hell, I'm a deep sleeper. She could be in the habit of setting off M80s or pipe bombs in the back garden in the middle of the day and I still wouldn't wake up unless she was good enough to bring me along for the..festivities. Can make some awfully fun fireworks with a tank of acetylene, some candle wax, sodium or potassium chlorate, a little salt and a lot of finely powdered sugar, plus a little sulfur powder.

The way they rupture at the bottom, where the charge should be placed, and then the gas catches and explodes violently, launching the entire gas bottle high into the air, it is quite delightful. But it wouldn't wake me up. So I doubt I'd even notice her snoring :P

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #9009 on: June 25, 2018, 10:40:04 PM »
Corrected typos in here. My iPad causes some of them and my thumbs most of the rest, but I really hate misspelling words I know how to spell.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9010 on: June 25, 2018, 11:19:37 PM »
Corrected typos in here. My iPad causes some of them and my thumbs most of the rest, but I really hate misspelling words I know how to spell.
Yep, I'm appalled when I make any. And to think, some people have read them. Even worse.

Today I got up at 9am, got ready and went to see my case worker. The room we were in was stifling hot and I ended up drinking three big glasses of water while I was there.

Now I'm waiting for Kayleigh to get ready so we can go out and food shop. But she's talking to her mum on the phone right now.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9011 on: June 26, 2018, 05:45:11 PM »
Worked in a former Yale frat house  that is being renovated after they were kicked out.   What a fucking mess  the first floor had to be gutted it was so bad.  The guy owns the one next door were a lot of the Yale football team lives.  This is the common back yard for the two houses were I parked,   the smell of garbage and urine was over powering. 

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9012 on: June 26, 2018, 07:39:38 PM »
Money does not equal class or manners.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9013 on: June 26, 2018, 11:27:28 PM »
^So true.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9014 on: June 27, 2018, 11:08:36 AM »
Wednesday sanity b'fast with g'friend.