Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 159513 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8445 on: July 07, 2017, 04:30:45 AM »
Not that much yet but I've started to get rid of some dust (bit of an uphill struggle) but I've cleaned all the horizontal surfaces with a piece of wet cloth (with some all purpose cleaning 'soap'). Going to change my bed sheets now and vacuum clean after that. Oh, put the fresh sheets on after the vacuuming, btw. That's logical, not?

Plus ja, made coffee, brushed teeth, read newspaper, etc..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8446 on: July 07, 2017, 05:01:34 AM »
Does your cat like the changes in flavouring? My cat hates it when I change his food but loves it when I offer changes in his treats. He gets 7 little Temptations nibbles every night when I go to bed.
I think they like the change when it's wet food. When I lived with my mum, she used to give them the same thing every day, then, when they were sick of it (they had stopped eating it), she would give them something different and then feed them that every day.

Plus, the tins are 85 grams which is one serving, so always fresh and at room temperature. My mum used to buy the large tins and keep them in the fridge once opened. The cats were not too keen on that in winter.

I remember when we returned after evacuating for Hurricane Katrina (3 or 4 weeks).  The cats had accidentally been locked out the house (in hindsight good luck for them).  I had brought w\some water, canned cat food and their usual dry food on the way back.  I figured they'd scarf down the canned food because it was moist, flavourful, etc.  Nope.  They ignored it, sat and looked at me until I gave them their usual dry food, which they gobbled down.
Yep, I can see that happening. Liam especially loves his dry food. To the point where he gobbles it down, has a drink so that they swell in his belly and then throws up spectacularly. Last time he did it he woke me up because it was at the entrance to my bedroom.

I don't change their dry food.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8447 on: July 07, 2017, 03:34:30 PM »
Too much driving and too much walking but I'm the only driver in the house so had so choice. Last minute errands for the move. More packing, more swearing, more frustration, more relief when seeing what has been accomplished. Took dogs to daycare so they will be good and tired tonight and tomorrow as well.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8448 on: July 07, 2017, 06:31:25 PM »
Does your cat like the changes in flavouring? My cat hates it when I change his food but loves it when I offer changes in his treats. He gets 7 little Temptations nibbles every night when I go to bed.
I think they like the change when it's wet food. When I lived with my mum, she used to give them the same thing every day, then, when they were sick of it (they had stopped eating it), she would give them something different and then feed them that every day.

Plus, the tins are 85 grams which is one serving, so always fresh and at room temperature. My mum used to buy the large tins and keep them in the fridge once opened. The cats were not too keen on that in winter.

I remember when we returned after evacuating for Hurricane Katrina (3 or 4 weeks).  The cats had accidentally been locked out the house (in hindsight good luck for them).  I had brought w\some water, canned cat food and their usual dry food on the way back.  I figured they'd scarf down the canned food because it was moist, flavourful, etc.  Nope.  They ignored it, sat and looked at me until I gave them their usual dry food, which they gobbled down.
Yep, I can see that happening. Liam especially loves his dry food. To the point where he gobbles it down, has a drink so that they swell in his belly and then throws up spectacularly. Last time he did it he woke me up because it was at the entrance to my bedroom.

I don't change their dry food.

Poor Martha just gets whatever major brand is on sale when I buy it.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8449 on: July 08, 2017, 10:50:38 AM »
Took some of WolFish's things over to the Salvation Army. I hope they go to good homes and people who really need them, especially things like his cane, which is a quality piece of equipment that could really be helping someone.

Listened to the current landlady rant about the drama she's having with one of the downstairs neighbours. Only two more weeks of this and then I will be out of here, getting my own place ready for move in.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #8450 on: July 09, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »

Pfew, made it. Three hours of 'busy babysit business' with 3 youngsters (9, 14 and 16 y/o, I think). Played Triominos a couple of times, talked for quite a bit and I've made dinner for the lot. Wraps with either smoked salmon or sm. trout.. cream cheese with fine herbs, radish, tomato, cucumber, spring onion (< those thinly sliced), rocket lettuce, black olives, lemon juice, dill, s&p..

They all wanted sm. salmon in their wraps because they didn't know about the nice taste of smoked trout (I suppose) and only the oldest tried it. She liked it.. reminded her of mackerel.. which I now do not really agree with.. but hey. The youngest two are quite fuzzy about their food. I had the smoked trout which tastes ten times better than sm. salmon.. but that's my opinion.

Now, 50 minutes past nine, I'm 'free' again and I just opened up a bottle of well cooled beer and think it's not going to be a late night, this evening. Couple of beers, tiny spliff, some 'Port Salut' cheese on toast and I'm ready for bed. Well, who knows..

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8451 on: July 09, 2017, 03:09:47 PM »
Braved the mall downtown to get a pair of black pants for the memorial service next weekend.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8452 on: July 09, 2017, 08:31:02 PM »
Braved the mall downtown to get a pair of black pants for the memorial service next weekend.
Having to go to a mall is definitely  :viking: I abhor them.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8453 on: July 09, 2017, 08:32:28 PM »
Went back to the old place with the youngest to grab things we desperately needed which somehow didn't make it to the new place. Loaded up a van full despite doctors orders not to do what I was doing. But the quicker I can get everything to the new place, the easier it will be to take my time unpacking it all and finding homes for things.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8454 on: July 10, 2017, 02:09:16 PM »
Reminds me, I need to get a new cane. The last one I had, ended up getting snapped in a spot of bother with somebody, after I whacked them in the face with it.

I'd love to get me one of those sword canes, they are neat as hell. Or build one, have it 3D printed in sections, out of carbon fiber, so its really lightweight, and have a concealed telescopic baton in the handle.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8455 on: July 10, 2017, 02:51:56 PM »
Got groceries, more things from the hardware store, more unpacking, took the BF to work so he wouldn't have to bike because I'm pretty sure everyone involved over the weekend is still recovering from all of the work.   :P
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8456 on: July 10, 2017, 05:12:23 PM »
More phone calls, more chores, more social obligations.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #8457 on: July 12, 2017, 08:35:20 AM »
Read newspaper, had coffee, solved sudoku, cleaned up (properly so/was needed) spare room, showered, unloaded dishwasher and I'm now contemplating what to make for supper this evening. Thinking about sauerkraut with pieces of pineapple, some potato puree and a (beef) sausage. 

Still have to go to the supermarket first..

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8458 on: July 12, 2017, 08:54:25 AM »
Not much so far (nice change). Helped SO move the kitchen table (darn thing is frickin heavy), made breakfast, cooked eggs for pups and fed them, searched for new easy summer recipes for the slow cooker, watched SO cut up boxes for recycling.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8459 on: July 12, 2017, 12:57:12 PM »
fed, ate, washed clothes, watched Hoarders (cheap therapy), some other miscellaneous stuff.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: