Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157412 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8340 on: May 28, 2017, 01:17:28 AM »
Meds, fed, cut up some old clothes for rags, cleaned the bathroom, filled out forms, took out trash, cleaned the garbage can, bathed, tired hands now.  They're my weakest area now.  Not the fingers, just the muscles in the hand.

Big container filled with dry not cooked macaroni can be a nice restingplace for your hand too. Make it a wide container, so you don't have to keep your arm in a weird angle. The macaroni will give supportt from al sides, making it easier for the hand to relax.

A dry bath. Replace macaroni for something else in case of gluten intolerance.

* Wishes a washingmachine to show up in your home. *
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8341 on: May 28, 2017, 01:20:35 AM »
Coffee.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8342 on: May 28, 2017, 01:27:43 AM »
Made my bed, catered cats, cleaned toilet, opened curtains just a bit. Then sat down procrastinating.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8343 on: May 28, 2017, 03:24:47 AM »
Walked to the shops to pick up cereal and toothpaste, caught the train with Kayleigh to go to Perth where the autism group was. Sat around not talking much because most of the talk in my vicinity was about video games. Kayleigh made a friend and we caught the train back with her, well to her stop anyway.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8344 on: May 28, 2017, 08:13:15 AM »
Stayed home today. Did not go to the track. Not much going on at the Indy track, parade and shit, legends honored, etc.  Not much race car stuff.

Yesterday was awesome! Some two hundred twenty seven mile per hour practice runs by many drivers (about three hundred sixty five Kilometers per hour).

They also had a competition between the pit crews.

I will be there very early for race day.
I know one of the Indy drivers. Hinchcliffe. He's genuinely a really good guy.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8345 on: May 28, 2017, 08:17:42 AM »
Meds, fed, cut up some old clothes for rags, cleaned the bathroom, filled out forms, took out trash, cleaned the garbage can, bathed, tired hands now.  They're my weakest area now.  Not the fingers, just the muscles in the hand.

Big container filled with dry not cooked macaroni can be a nice restingplace for your hand too. Make it a wide container, so you don't have to keep your arm in a weird angle. The macaroni will give supportt from al sides, making it easier for the hand to relax.

A dry bath. Replace macaroni for something else in case of gluten intolerance.

* Wishes a washingmachine to show up in your home. *

Nifty idea, thanks.  With all the house cleaning I've been doing lately I'm hoping some ounces will have been lost.  Laundry by hand is quite meditative. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8346 on: May 28, 2017, 03:56:58 PM »
The usual Sunday busyness to prep for the week ahead but I managed some rest today too. Nice balance.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8347 on: May 29, 2017, 03:09:23 AM »
Went to college and stayed back past lunchtime to work on an assignment. Unfortunately, I didn't finish it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8348 on: May 29, 2017, 05:31:27 AM »
Walked the dog.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8349 on: May 29, 2017, 12:40:24 PM »
Fell asleep, just woke up at a little past half 8 in the evening.

Going to go play fallout 2 for a while, or maybe one of the games in the x-com series, possibly both. Got an offer by someone to kindly send me some journal articles on nickel boride catalysts since they have been piquing my curiosity of late. Which means I'll have more time to unwind, after all the time spent poking about with same and relax with a few video games. Not had much sleep at all for the past 3-4 days or so.

Always it seems, finding out the answer to something I've been looking into, tends to raise more questions. The more I find out, the more I want to know. No rest for the wicked...or for me either from the looks of it :P
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8350 on: May 29, 2017, 03:36:46 PM »
Stayed home today. Did not go to the track. Not much going on at the Indy track, parade and shit, legends honored, etc.  Not much race car stuff.

Yesterday was awesome! Some two hundred twenty seven mile per hour practice runs by many drivers (about three hundred sixty five Kilometers per hour).

They also had a competition between the pit crews.

I will be there very early for race day.
I know one of the Indy drivers. Hinchcliffe. He's genuinely a really good guy.

I remember him when he was Rookie Of The Year a while back. Too bad his day did not go well toward the end, yesterday.

Big scary crash when Scott Dixon went airborn was very intense.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8351 on: May 29, 2017, 08:10:25 PM »
Not sure if this will work, but one of the most horrific crashes ever and all drivers walked away.

DOESN'T WORK!

I will find out how to post it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8352 on: May 29, 2017, 08:15:39 PM »
This happened almost diagonally opposite from where I was sitting (actually, no one was sitting since the Star Spangled Banner), but in a few seconds, I heard it.
I had already seen the yellow and was scanning the track. I had no idea how rough it was until I got home and watched the race on television.
I guess that tells how much I love this race!

To see the driver rip by safely under Dixon's car as it was flying through the air was amazing!!!! Honestly, I know that these drivers are allowed to piss in their fire suits if necessary, but I expect there was a bit of brown effluent in several of those guys shorts.

We had a new winner this year. I always like to repeat winners AND new faces. This year was the first time a Japanese won this race. He was part of the Michael Andretti team. They qualified three cars and one won!

This is actually a slo-mo replay of the actual incident, but you can clearly see the car pass safely under the flying car in this clip (about one minute in).

They said he had nowhere to go. He was coming out of the turn and they do not generally lift the gas pedal around this track; they find their line around the track and let the "set-up" of the car do things for them.
They generally come out of the back end of these turns around two hundred eighteen miles per hour or a touch over and accelerate to about two hundred thirty miles per hour or a touch over down the straight away. He was definitely ON IT as he finished that turn and then, nowhere to go.
Both drivers walked away.

BTW, for anyone who has not seen these cars, they are way bigger in real life than they look on TV, most especially if you are also a F1 fan.These cars are quite large and very fast.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 08:53:09 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8353 on: May 30, 2017, 07:00:40 AM »
Jesus fucking H, lucky bastards not to end up as a long pinkish grey streak down the track with tire marks running down the middle.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8354 on: May 30, 2017, 08:28:57 AM »
Jesus fucking H, lucky bastards not to end up as a long pinkish grey streak down the track with tire marks running down the middle.

Yeah, really!

It just shows the extreme lengths to which the league has gone to protect the drivers while they do their work.

No driver lost to injury. Anyone will applaud this.