Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157134 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8160 on: April 14, 2017, 07:38:31 AM »
Went into H&M, tried to find this bag in sale and couldn't anywhere. Then I saw it on the display model, and carefully took the last bag off. I got a couple of looks, but they weren't judgemental, just curious.

Well, it was reduced from £25 to £7.  :green:

Though I fully realise a lot of shops make their prices high and then have lots of "sales", I think this was genuinely good value.

I have these fur lined boots from there too, my right boot squeaks. All other shoes I've bought from there though have lasted.

I think H&M are one of the few shops that do nice looking clothes and for decent prices. Their sizing varies quite a bit sometimes, though.

I don't get why so many womens' clothes are incredibly DULL. I mean, childrens' clothes are way nicer. That, and I don't get this bin bag type fashion where tops are loose and baggy. I mean what the Hell?

I got this really nice coral/blue/cream floral skirt with fine pleats in it from H&M for $15 and everyone asks me where I got it :)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8161 on: April 14, 2017, 07:48:16 AM »
Today I cleaned my back courtyard of all the leaves, weeds and assorted victims of garden neglect. I even got my blower vac out and used round-up on the wandering dew in the garden bed. Then I got ready and went out for dinner with crush boi (after I carried on about him forgetting to go last week), we dropped into the office after dark and peeked in boss mans cupboard to see what he sneaked in (crush boi saw him head back into the office last night with a bag full of clankering booze bottles).

Got breath tested on the way home and blew 0.00 despite having two schooners with dinner :headbang2:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #8162 on: April 14, 2017, 08:06:17 AM »
Went into H&M, tried to find this bag in sale and couldn't anywhere. Then I saw it on the display model, and carefully took the last bag off. I got a couple of looks, but they weren't judgemental, just curious.

Though I fully realise a lot of shops make their prices high and then have lots of "sales", I think this was genuinely good value.

I have these fur lined boots from there too, my right boot squeaks. All other shoes I've bought from there though have lasted.

I think H&M are one of the few shops that do nice looking clothes and for decent prices. Their sizing varies quite a bit sometimes, though.

I don't get why so many womens' clothes are incredibly DULL. I mean, childrens' clothes are way nicer. That, and I don't get this bin bag type fashion where tops are loose and baggy. I mean what the Hell?

I got this really nice coral/blue/cream floral skirt with fine pleats in it from H&M for $15 and everyone asks me where I got it :)

Nice! The dresses there I don't buy, because they're so long and for tall people. About half of it would be on the floor if I wore one. But their skirts, yeh, they do really good skirts. Almost my entire outfit in that train station photo - the jacket, skirt, shoes, socks and tights...were H&M. :)

Forgot to mention about the squeaky fur lined boots...they were fake fur lined. I dunno why, I had the urge to correct that.
:dog:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8163 on: April 14, 2017, 11:08:08 PM »
You know, having a squeaky shoe is a sign of AS.
;)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8164 on: April 15, 2017, 12:52:29 AM »
^One of the more sneaky signs. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8165 on: April 15, 2017, 07:04:36 AM »

That sounds very pretty for spring/Easter.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8166 on: April 15, 2017, 07:06:00 AM »
Today I cleaned my back courtyard of all the leaves, weeds and assorted victims of garden neglect. I even got my blower vac out and used round-up on the wandering dew in the garden bed. Then I got ready and went out for dinner with crush boi (after I carried on about him forgetting to go last week), we dropped into the office after dark and peeked in boss mans cupboard to see what he sneaked in (crush boi saw him head back into the office last night with a bag full of clankering booze bottles).

Got breath tested on the way home and blew 0.00 despite having two schooners with dinner :headbang2:

That was an adventurous evening!  What kind of booze does the boss have?  :scotch:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8167 on: April 18, 2017, 02:27:10 AM »
I took my friend from the hairdressers to her house. Not only does she still have pleurisy (which must be some kind of record since it has been a month almost) but she cut her hand on her car while trying to install a battery. Seven stitches. I'm waiting for her to tell me she did it on purpose.

Got home and studied an Access (databases) manual for a while.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #8168 on: April 18, 2017, 04:46:40 AM »
You know, having a squeaky shoe is a sign of AS.
;)

*Nods in agreement*
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8169 on: April 19, 2017, 05:08:06 AM »
Spent the night not sleeping, but practising metallurgy, preparing and smelting silicon from artificially created silica ore.                                                                                                                                                                 
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8170 on: April 19, 2017, 06:08:32 AM »
Did two loads of washing. Went to the second hand shop to get Kayleigh some pants (long story), washed and dried those so we could go shopping. Put my new fitted sheet on my bed.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8171 on: April 19, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
Most of what I did (top secret) ended up being partially finished.  Ah, well.  There's always Paris.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8172 on: April 19, 2017, 02:53:38 PM »
Worked.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #8173 on: April 19, 2017, 02:55:16 PM »
Contracts and corporate governance issues.

:yawn:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8174 on: April 22, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »
Went to Goodwill Thrift.  No bedspreads at all.
Went to Red White & Blue Thrift.  Found a comforter marked down to $6.50.  Check out line was literally a block long.  It's that big and crowded of a store.  The PR met a friend from school.  She was Fiona and he was Shrek in the Christmas Pantomime her first year.
Went to Home Depot.  Got a reject sheet of plywood, had it cut to 2 feet by 6 feet.  Cost about $7.  Loaded it and the scrap pieces into the car.
Came home, crashed for a bit.
Got dinner.
Took cut sheet out of car, placed the comforter over it.  Taped the hell out of it to make it stay in place, making sure the crown of the plywood was up.
Placed the covered sheet of plywood between the mattress and box spring of The PR's bed to correct an extremely bad sag in both the box spring and the mattress.
Typed a hello greeting from The PR.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: