Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157190 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #7905 on: December 05, 2016, 06:33:39 PM »
@ Lestat Groan = bad pun

The PR is doing well, therapy 3 days a week for 3 hours (including b'fast and lunch times). 
She gets very anxious if she sees a sharp knife or pills and asks me to remove them. 
I hug her at least 10 times a day.
We're talking about how we'd like to celebrate Christmas without PA.  Probably b'fast Christmas Eve morning at our favorite diner, maybe a movie in the early afternoon.  Gumbo and French bread for dinner  Doughnuts for b'fast Christmas morning and our annual Chinese buffet visit for the main meal.   

She gave me a scare today.  While I was taking a nap this afternoon she walked the 6 blocks to the grocery store to buy me some flowers.  in the rain.  without telling me. 

We had a brief talk and she's agreed not to do it again. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7906 on: December 06, 2016, 01:27:47 AM »
^ That's a scare all right.

Today I handed in my last CSS work and did the last Cisco A+ test. Sad thing is, it was a practice test. The real deal costs money and you need to get over 85% to pass. Still I did pretty well this semester over all.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7907 on: December 06, 2016, 07:29:10 AM »
@ Lestat Groan = bad pun

The PR is doing well, therapy 3 days a week for 3 hours (including b'fast and lunch times). 
She gets very anxious if she sees a sharp knife or pills and asks me to remove them. 
We're talking about how we'd like to celebrate Christmas without PA.  Probably b'fast Christmas Eve morning at our favorite diner, maybe a movie in the early afternoon.  Gumbo and French bread for dinner  Doughnuts for b'fast Christmas morning and our annual Chinese buffet visit for the main meal.   

She gave me a scare today.  While I was taking a nap this afternoon she walked the 6 blocks to the grocery store to buy me some flowers.  in the rain.  without telling me. 

You two love each other so much.  :'( :heart:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7908 on: December 06, 2016, 07:32:59 AM »
  I took out two bags of trash, a bin full of recyclable plastic, and a bag full of paper and cardboard.
   Then I did my damn laundry at last!  It's curently whirling in the dryer.  Soon I'll go to work! :pirate:

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7909 on: December 06, 2016, 09:05:21 AM »
Aw that is sweet of her QV:)

I can only presume that she both didn't want to wake you since you were asleep, and wanted to surprise you with the flowers.

Since she came back safely, I think perhaps there is the seed of a good thing in there, her becoming able to be more independent. I had an idea-rather than never exercise such independence, and not go out, why not have her, if your asleep, write you a quick note to tell you where she's off to and how long roughly she expects she might be gone? would go a longer way towards helping her be independent as much as possible, and compromise with you QV, in that leaving a note would help alleviate you worrying.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7910 on: December 06, 2016, 11:17:59 AM »
Aw that is sweet of her QV:)

I can only presume that she both didn't want to wake you since you were asleep, and wanted to surprise you with the flowers.

Since she came back safely, I think perhaps there is the seed of a good thing in there, her becoming able to be more independent. I had an idea-rather than never exercise such independence, and not go out, why not have her, if your asleep, write you a quick note to tell you where she's off to and how long roughly she expects she might be gone? would go a longer way towards helping her be independent as much as possible, and compromise with you QV, in that leaving a note would help alleviate you worrying.

I am proud/glad that she did this.  She was at a friend's house while I ran an errand, because I wasn't back when she thought I should be, she broke down and thought I had died.  I agree this independence is to be encouraged, but we already have an "account" with OAPS (Old Age Protective Services, who also look out for abused/neglected disabled adults). 

Also, I'm afraid if she has another bad encounter with the sheriff's office it might be too much for her.  I don't blame the deputies, they're actually quite good with her, it's just her fear of going back to the hospital that has her upset. 

I've always intended to raise her to be as independent as possible, the independence has just had to take a back seat for a bit.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7911 on: December 06, 2016, 02:26:28 PM »
Understandable. I just thought she deserved to know of that pride, which I'd been presumptuous to assume would be there, knowing you two QV (that you would be proud of her that is [and rightly so:)])

Can understand that though too QV. And believe you ME do I ever feel a lot of empathy for HRH; whilst the only hospitals I've ever been in are those catering to the physical, I won't go there, certainly not to the nearest one, until there is blood spurting out of an artery, or something else equally awful, due mostly to the absolutely fucking terrible way I've been treated (in the humanist sense rather than the medical sense, although both, the two are not easily or entirely separable from each other) but also due to some complete fucking incompetent pieces of shit who's level of medical expertise itself makes them absolutely unfit to practice. Such as one arsehole that almost got me twice, one after the other, (stupid twunt started a drip of a penicillin after I told him severe allergy, potential for anaphylaxis, in just the time it took him to hook a line up and hoist the bag on a stand then totally ignored what I had to say on the matter, even when I WAS being polite, or at least, not overtly offensive, scathing yes, but not actually employing profanity, as much as the cerebral failure in question deserves to KNOW that he's the thick dollop of steaming, putrefied maggot-blown dog muck grease that he is, but just walked away telling me he'd be back to check on me in 10 minutes. Ended up having to sever the plastic tubing leading to the drip to stop any getting inside my system. Orally beta-lactam antibiotics are bad, bad news for me, but intravenously administered? there was every chance I may well wouldn't have HAD ten minutes before all hell broke loose. And then fucked up, or was about to with another antibiotic that would have made me really ill for a different reason. Or, despite obviously being able to access my medical records in a hospital in the country of both my birth and residence/citizenship, but also in addition to that having a copy of my current meds as per recent repeat forms, leaving me without everything I need and just coming out with endless empty promises, platitudes, excuses and guff about how 'oh, it'll all be done in 15-20 minutes' 'will all be done within the hour' 'doctor is doing it now', not for a day, or even a few days but over a week, or giving me either insufficient meds, no meds at all, even the fucking wrong meds. And as a result, my going into severe physical withdrawal from my anti-seizure and pain meds, gabapentin (its not that widely/well known but the stuff has a pretty sharp set of teeth to it if someone is forced to stop cold turkey after long enough use or if the dose is sufficient for a lesser duration) as well as the muscle relaxer I take for the nerve damage in my leg, and another similarly acting one that I take to suppress adrenal (nor/)adrenergic output (as opposed to corticosteroids) which whilst not in any way addictive, it does have a very unpleasant and if the dose is sufficient, potentially dangerous rebound and yet several times this has happened (well that has happened in one way or another, sometimes several of the above, each and every time I've been in that shit-encrusted plague pit of a hospital) but they then have several times sent me back home when I was eventually, finally discharged, with enough of all the same meds they neglected to give me, and others besides, to kill a fucking horse, if I hadn't been again, aware of what things were or my responses and safety margins, could easily have done some damage. For instance making a mistake like giving out 100mg morphine capsules instead of 10mg (the latter I use to top up the usual several 30s I take per dose) could easily kill a non-tolerant taker of same. And handing out hospital pharmacy stock-size bottles of the antiseizure med, that has a very steep dose-response curve and unlike the benzodiazepines, chlormethiazole is likely to kill in pretty low end overdose levels especially if consumed with alcohol (many sedative-hypnotics can interact with booze, or for that matter painkillers of the opioid type badly, but chlormethiazole is a bit different in that there isn't just an additive/potentiation thing going on but a specific interaction with alcohol that it hasn't got with sedative-type stuff that aren't (primary/secondary) alcohols.  Plus an antibiotic that also interacts just plain nastily with alcohol, in the same manner that the alcohol 'aversion therapy' drug antabuse/disulfiram does, and gave me no warning whatsoever not to consume alcohol. Lucky for me and them, again, that I knew about it already.

Even caught some nurse trying to go through my goddamn bags when they thought me sleeping!
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7912 on: December 07, 2016, 04:30:14 PM »
@ Lestat Groan = bad pun

Go out, get away for a day...look at the lights. That's what mom and I did the first Christmas after my dad passed.

:hug:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7913 on: December 09, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »

Scary, but also very sweet.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7914 on: December 11, 2016, 02:48:01 AM »
Went down to Masters with crush boi only to find that the store had decided to close down a day early. So we went dumpster diving in the skip bins outside the building and got some freebies instead :laugh:. Then we went to Bunnings and Supercheap Auto before driving home. Came home and finished my assignment. Washed the car and now remembering I've got absolutely no laundry done :P

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7915 on: December 11, 2016, 06:37:17 AM »
Masters has closed down here as well.

I didn't do much today. Worked my way through an Excel tutorial online.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:38:12 AM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7916 on: December 11, 2016, 08:24:21 AM »
Went out to breakfast and began cleaning out the van, it can get really cluttered when I get busy and I have been very busy lately
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7917 on: December 13, 2016, 07:29:12 AM »
Went to the doctor for Depo Provera injection and scripts. Ended up waiting an hour and a half just to see him for 5 minutes. Came home for a while then Kayleigh and I went and had Subway. Then we went food shopping.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7918 on: December 13, 2016, 07:32:33 AM »
  Just taken out the trash and started my morning ritual of coffee and songs.  :notes: :coffee: :notes:

People forget.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7919 on: December 13, 2016, 07:42:54 AM »
Just taken out the trash and started my morning ritual of coffee and songs.  :notes: :coffee: :notes:
Hope all goes well at the doctor tomorrow. :)
Tek'ma'tae