Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157588 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #7875 on: November 30, 2016, 03:28:21 PM »
Took The PR to therapy.  Cancelled on doing laundry at a friend's.  B'fast = coffee and peaches and cream oatmeal with peanut butter

Need to do some paperwork

I made an inventory on the paperwork that needs doing last Monday. Yesterday I did one thing, today I did a thing too. Also wrote two emails that needed doing. Never was able before to do it bit by bit. But this week I managed to do that. Felt relieved after getting the little bit done. Will do a little bit more, tomorrow.

Life is like a ballet.  Some leaps, some twists and turns and lots of tiny steps.

Look at us dancing.

:belly: :belly:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7876 on: November 30, 2016, 04:23:16 PM »
Spent the day in Woking.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7877 on: November 30, 2016, 04:33:35 PM »
I've been procrastinating on really tedious paperwork. But to make up for that, I did do some stuff that I've been avoiding for months. So, not too bad an outcome of the day. Did only become productive deep in the afternoon. Before that, I did work out. :P
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7878 on: November 30, 2016, 04:57:34 PM »
Spent the day in Woking.

Sounds fabulous, after I got over the traumatizing memory of an hour long info-mercial that was designed to sell me about twelve woks, branded Wokking.
 :zombiefuck:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7879 on: December 01, 2016, 02:13:36 AM »
reset my phone. all contact and text data gone.
looks good. have to re-enter the contacts but only had about seven people there anyway.
went through this before when my father broke my mobile. feels like i just got a new one.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7880 on: December 01, 2016, 06:43:30 AM »
Took The PR to therapy.  Cancelled on doing laundry at a friend's.  B'fast = coffee and peaches and cream oatmeal with peanut butter

That oatmeal actually sounds appealing.  I might even eat something like that.  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7881 on: December 01, 2016, 10:27:48 AM »
And how both are she and ye, QV? getting on well I hope:)

I was going to procrastinate, but in the end I just CBF.

Went out to do a bit of shopping, a few chemical bits and pieces for the lab, plus a new gas mask and a full face shield to replace (or go under for that matter) my goggles, and because I bought quite a lot of stuff from the hardware store, got a big discount on the gas mask and new filter canisters for it, and then the entire lot of my shopping there discounted further, which I am rather pleased about.

And since they no longer stock the type for my old mask, the new one, I was pleased to find out they stock a combi-filter type cartridge for it, that rather than meaning I constantly need to switch between one for organic vapours and gases, one for acid gases and one for alkaline fumes (E.g ammonia) I can just use a one-size-fits-all kind to soak up whatever nasty crap might come floating my way, far more convenient. And I'd wanted to replace my old mask anyway since the rubber straps that hold it on the wearer's head have slowly been attacked and started to perish over time.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7882 on: December 01, 2016, 12:13:25 PM »
Took a walk, cleaned up some garbage, got a haircut
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7883 on: December 01, 2016, 12:29:37 PM »
Spent the day in Woking.

Sounds fabulous, after I got over the traumatizing memory of an hour long info-mercial that was designed to sell me about twelve woks, branded Wokking.
 :zombiefuck:

Woking is like any other small town. Boring, mostly.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7884 on: December 01, 2016, 09:44:59 PM »

That oatmeal actually sounds appealing.  I might even eat something like that.  :orly:

Peaches and cream might go with oatmeal, but neither of them go with peanut butter!  :zombiefuck:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7885 on: December 01, 2016, 09:47:03 PM »

Peaches and cream might go with oatmeal, but neither of them go with peanut butter!  :zombiefuck:

The peanut butter provides a bit of protein to keep me fuller.  And it's tasty.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7886 on: December 01, 2016, 11:16:48 PM »

The peanut butter provides a bit of protein to keep me fuller.  And it's tasty.

Nope.
No way.
Not going there. :zombiefuck:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7887 on: December 02, 2016, 03:34:46 PM »
Had my old man pick up a couple of tanks of argon gas while he was  out doing something or other and happened to be passing the store. Could have done with some last night, as I recently took delivery of some lithium metal. Its packaged unusually, not in oil, but in a sealed plastic packet full of some manner of inert gas. Keeping it in its packet until needed of course, but I just have a gut feeling that the plastic may potentially over time have some slight permeability to the ambient atmosphere, and as such, am going to be keeping it, sealed, packet and all, in a jar full of drying agent and inert gas, although when I went to fill the jar with argon to exclude oxygen, my tank ran dry. So I had my old man pick me up two more. That way I have a spare for the next time I need an inert atmosphere and one tank runs out, that I may still continue with whatever it is I might be doing at the time.

Temporarily I came up with a solution though, a mixture of calcium chloride (dessicant) and a teaspoonful or two of magnesium powder, which will act as a sacrificial reductant, binding any air present during opening of the jar, and being itself oxidized, taking up the oxygen from the air. Although displacing the atmosphere with argon, is better (I'll leave the Mg and CaCl2 in there mind you, to scrub any O2 from whenever the jar needs opening as and when I need to make use of the Li metal)

Chinese suppliers have some funny ass ideas about customs forms though....that came marked as a 'gift' of 'metal beads', when in fact the stuff is in flat square-ish thick slices of sheet metal, quite certainly looking not in the least like beads. Although I am pleased they declared it as a gift, saved me paying import duty.

And one thing threw me about another order that came the day before. I'd bought some fine nickel powder, and of all the weird ass things...it was declared as 'essence'. Made me wonder if I had gotten the wrong item sent me, or someone completely fucked up and sent me somebody else's order. It was only by weighing it that I was able to tell what it was, for I only had 2 orders of any reagents that could weigh 100g, and the other was a white crystalline powder and couldn't be it, so it came down to a process of elimination to find out quite what in hell's name I'd actually received:P

(the other, being potassium iodide, at the weight of the nickel, so the two couldn't readily be confused unless totally blind, and even then, with difficulty)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7888 on: December 02, 2016, 05:26:43 PM »
Found a crystal nativity set and a musical chapel at the thrift shop to flip on fleabay.

I'm going straight to hell...I should start looking for old bibles next...some of them sell really well I see. :zoinks:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=vintage+bible&_sop=16

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7889 on: December 03, 2016, 04:41:44 AM »
Looked for a solution to Py's PHP probs.

- Albert Einstein