Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157669 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #7500 on: August 25, 2016, 08:31:17 AM »
I like it because the lyrics are easy to remember.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7501 on: August 25, 2016, 08:33:03 AM »

We could play it at the Palace for you, your Prince Consort, the Princess Royal, and four of your friends.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7502 on: August 25, 2016, 08:33:19 PM »

We could play it at the Palace for you, your Prince Consort, the Princess Royal, and four of your friends.  :)

Or better yet PA and I could play it when, well, you know........................

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7503 on: August 25, 2016, 08:34:56 PM »
Drove to the bowling alley to have The PR's bowling ball cleaned.  It kept getting stuck in the return chute apparatus.  No charge.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7504 on: August 25, 2016, 10:05:28 PM »
She must be one hell of a bowling fangirl to have her own balls.

And why have it cleaned? that is to say why expend fuel to travel there for someone else to do it when she could do it herself, I bet  simple detergent and hot water would do it fine. Failing that some methylated spirits. Or better, a splash of vodka, that way she can get nicely buzzed while she works:)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7505 on: August 26, 2016, 12:09:58 AM »

In an effort to subvert my hoarding instinct and hopefully organize things a bit more, I cleared a huge area in my garage, today.
Filled up two city-provided garbage bins, three feet wide and as tall as my chest.

NO! I did not throw away any of my two hundred or so JBL and Altec products. I feel OK about this. Nothing I tossed has any value to me now. All is good.

The hard part is yet to come.

:hide:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7506 on: August 26, 2016, 01:42:44 AM »
Made a batch of 3,6-dipropionylmorphine.

Had a couple of shots of the above. 'twas lovely. Still acting nice and strong, been doing so all night. Almost nodded off into my breakfast bowl of golden grahams:P

Very euphoric, and really, really long legs. Some ten hours rather than about 6-7 from morphine, and an excellent pain reliever. Not as itchy as morphine either. A combination of both is very nice,

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7507 on: August 26, 2016, 04:00:59 AM »
Cracked open a liquid metal thermometer that I got for a few pounds in a pharmacy, after freezing it in the fridge. Currently removing the metal from it.

Not Hg, Hg thermometers are banned now, in pharmacies at least. I do have one, but I am NOT snapping THAT open to reclaim a little Hg. No twunting way! that thermometer is my lab thermometer, with an extended and very wide temperature range. I prefer mercury thermometers for lab use by a long shot.

The medical one is useless to me completely, even before I snapped it open and started squeezing the metal out of the broken glass shards.

It contains a gallium-indium alloy, similar to galinstan. (Ga/In/Sn), so I need a little lead-free solder, and possibly a little smidgeon of copper chloride, Uncertain whether I'll need that but if I do then there's not a problem, I have some in my lab, because I made some a while back, from a load of verdigris scraped off copper metal (copper carbonate and/or acetate go under that name, its the green covering one sees on old copper rooftops) and then adding hydrochloric acid and heating until dry, some was heated some not, some just left to dry in a dessicator. And it is a lovely deep green color, like, a really, really deep clear-translucent dark dark green, kind of like the color of some seaweeds, kelp perhaps when not washed up on the beach but rather, is still wet and in the depths, growing. The seaweed that is. Although the copper chloride has grown into quite nice looking crystals due to the slow evaporation, that take the form of a randomly ordered, interconnected webwork/randomized cages formed by crisscrossing fine needle-like acicular crystals.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7508 on: August 26, 2016, 08:38:04 AM »
She must be one hell of a bowling fangirl to have her own balls.

And why have it cleaned? that is to say why expend fuel to travel there for someone else to do it when she could do it herself, I bet  simple detergent and hot water would do it fine. Failing that some methylated spirits. Or better, a splash of vodka, that way she can get nicely buzzed while she works:)

She's a pretty fair bowler.  Usually bowls over 100, with the occasional assist from the bumpers.  Her ball is lavender with a Tinkerbell figure on it.

The front desk said her ball probably needed to be polished since it was slipping on the return machinery.  I didn't know how to even attempt this.  The shop said a quick cleaning would suffice, no charge. 

I'll look into cleaning it myself since it should be done every 50 or so games, preferably while the ball is heated and the "pores" open to extract the most oil from the ball.  It involves having a hot ball and submerging it in hot water 3 times for 15 minutes a time until the oil leaves the ball and rises to the surface.  Who knew?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7509 on: August 26, 2016, 11:05:33 AM »
Went and looked a large commercial garage I am working on next week to see what I need and tell them what they need to move for me
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7510 on: August 26, 2016, 11:33:46 AM »
You have hot balls then QV? who'da thought......

And whilst I have no idea what over 100 means relatively speaking, or what a bumper is. She is cute as hell. Seen a pic once I think. And makes me wish I lived locally and she was looking for someone ^_^ The PR sounds totally major-league kick arse:)

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7511 on: August 26, 2016, 11:58:18 AM »
And as for me...been busy doing xylene boils and a prolonged soak in boiling hot xylenes on a can full of PSE.

I need to get rid of some povidone and crospovidone. Although if it doesn't do the trick then I might just run ye olde Long Wet on the PSE as it comes out from the xylene cleanup. Might try doing a few cleaning pulls on the HCl salt with boiling diethyl ether. Even try EtOAc if needs be although I haven't much left.

If I REALLY have to, then it'll be time to take out the Big Guns. Will be a pain in the arse but I'll take some acetone and do a haloform reaction on it, using hypochlorite bleach and caustic soda. Result from the synthesis is chloroform. THAT should do it, and if even chloroform won't  work to strip out these fucking obnoxious polymers. They interfere with basing the pseudo and stop PSE carrying through from the basified aqueous fraction into the nonpolar, even when using really aggressive solvents like xylene, toluene or benzene or even a nuclear option like boiling mixed benzene/dichlor. Going to look for some TCE (tetrachloroethane) and run a tetra-trap if I still have trouble. Will try mineral turps once I can go buy some, and first, white spirit boils, as the full turps cure is meant to work for feedstock derived from pills contaminated with povidone and crospovidone. Stuff bloody follows through in all sorts and nastily, once based, it doesn't ONLY fuck with extraction into nonpolars, but once based with caustic at least, it bloody well goes dark reddish brown, takes on a color very much alike to that of bromine, chromyl chloride or iodine monochloride. Looks nasty as shit.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7512 on: August 26, 2016, 05:50:48 PM »

And whilst I have no idea what over 100 means relatively speaking, or what a bumper is. She is cute as hell. Seen a pic once I think. And makes me wish I lived locally and she was looking for someone ^_^ The PR sounds totally major-league kick arse:)

My balls sizzle.

A perfect game is 300, so she's not doing badly.  Her best was 192.  Bumpers are railings that come up from the gutters in the bowling lanes to keep the balls from going into the gutter.  If your ball goes in the gutter it's almost a certainty that you won't hit any pins down.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7513 on: August 26, 2016, 06:02:11 PM »
Meant a more general kickarse, but bowling specifics aren't half bad either.

Have been bowling before, although its been a long time.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7514 on: August 27, 2016, 01:35:55 AM »

My balls sizzle.

A perfect game is 300, so she's not doing badly.  Her best was 192.  Bumpers are railings that come up from the gutters in the bowling lanes to keep the balls from going into the gutter.  If your ball goes in the gutter it's almost a certainty that you won't hit any pins down.
The PR beats me by one - 191 was my best when I did league bowling without bumpers. It used to be infuriating when, without any reason or explanation, I would bowl straight into the gutter.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae