Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157369 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #7380 on: July 04, 2016, 11:29:53 AM »
finally got up and got things done. having some kind of physical depressive episode. no energy, no motivation, blah, but don't feel sad. maybe too much carbohydrates? diabetes runs in my family but neither i nor my father have developed it, though both of us have hypoglycemia. i tend to have the things from his side of the family.

it happens two or three times a month but no clue what's causing it.
in spite of it i made succotash and pasta salad with shrimp, and getting ready to go out for groceries. will be grading three papers and doing paperwork later this afternoon.

if i let this kind of thing stop me i'd have been stopped as a teen. i did, however, not crawl out of bed until after noon.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7381 on: July 04, 2016, 11:47:15 AM »
Did not do half of what I wanted to do. Quite inert today. But have mowed the lawn. Did pick up a referal for the youngest from the gp. And made aan awesome pasta salad with spinach, avocado and pesto.

Also got some paperwork done. And could elaborate on why some information was not available yet.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7382 on: July 05, 2016, 02:31:27 AM »
Went to Tafe (stands for Technical And Further Education, it's college basically) and enrolled for Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology. Had to pay $100 up front and every fortnight $189 will be taken out of my account. More than last semester. I asked jokingly how I would afford Certificate IV.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7383 on: July 07, 2016, 08:08:31 PM »
Signed up with an agency to get The PR 8 hours of services a month.

Met with our co-ordinator (quarterly meeting) and she's looking into what the hang up is in getting The PR into "Day Care."  This is different from the 8 hours.  It's 6 hours a day, 5 days a week at a center.  They do community activities, parties, etc.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7384 on: July 08, 2016, 12:14:23 AM »
That would be awesome.

Hope it will be possible. Once she's used to something like that, she'll love it. It would give you a structured routine in the day too, and break in caring 24/7.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:18:55 AM by 'andersom' »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7385 on: July 08, 2016, 01:22:32 AM »
Signed up with an agency to get The PR 8 hours of services a month.

Met with our co-ordinator (quarterly meeting) and she's looking into what the hang up is in getting The PR into "Day Care."  This is different from the 8 hours.  It's 6 hours a day, 5 days a week at a center.  They do community activities, parties, etc.

Will it be a bit of a work structure? That's what they often offer here in "dagbesteding". Caring for animals, making stuff, low pressure, with skilled people taking care of the participants. And participants finding pride in what they do.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7386 on: July 08, 2016, 08:48:11 AM »
Yes, visiting dogs in shelters, sorting Mardi Gras beads, museums, movies, etc.  I think she has to be there at 8:30 (my usual rise and shine time), so not so good for me or her.  But she'll be there until 3.

If she's settling in then I may look for a job towards the end of the year.  It's like a lot of things, some worries/anxieties about a new situation.  She'll do well.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7387 on: July 08, 2016, 04:32:00 PM »
When will you know if this is possible?

And what kind of job will you be looking for? Wil you give yourself some time to adjust after a big change like that?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7388 on: July 08, 2016, 06:48:20 PM »
When will you know if this is possible?

And what kind of job will you be looking for? Wil you give yourself some time to adjust after a big change like that?

If I only have to drag her out of bed and threaten to beat her twice a week.  Seriously, the time may never be ideal but she needs outside activities. 

I want a job that doesn't involve human relations decisions.  Stocking in a store with fairly light weight inventory doesn't sound too bad.  I'll apply at the library, put the word out and see what ends up in my net.  I'm only interested in part-time work.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7389 on: July 09, 2016, 08:57:36 AM »
finally got up and got things done. having some kind of physical depressive episode. no energy, no motivation, blah, but don't feel sad. maybe too much carbohydrates? diabetes runs in my family but neither i nor my father have developed it, though both of us have hypoglycemia. i tend to have the things from his side of the family.

it happens two or three times a month but no clue what's causing it.
in spite of it i made succotash and pasta salad with shrimp, and getting ready to go out for groceries. will be grading three papers and doing paperwork later this afternoon.

if i let this kind of thing stop me i'd have been stopped as a teen. i did, however, not crawl out of bed until after noon.

That happens to me a lot, and I agree that excess carbs are a probable cause.  Also, I don't do well
   with too much unstructured time.  I need a routine.  I'm so diligent at work, so lazy at home.  :facepalm2:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7390 on: July 10, 2016, 11:24:38 AM »
Out to the diner for pancakes
Finished up the work I had to do at the restaurant I have been working on and sent them an invoice
Took a nice long shower
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7391 on: July 10, 2016, 03:08:44 PM »
Paid our electric bill.  Since we had to bring the house up to the new code, it required a new central A/C and heater, new ductwork, insulated windows, extra insulation in the attic, etc. our electric bill for June (mostly) to July was under $59.  About half of what it was before the fire.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7392 on: July 10, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »
Paid our electric bill.  Since we had to bring the house up to the new code, it required a new central A/C and heater, new ductwork, insulated windows, extra insulation in the attic, etc. our electric bill for June (mostly) to July was under $59.  About half of what it was before the fire.

Wow.  :zombiefuck:

Mine runs around $110-125 a month depending on how hot it is, and I'm betting my house is a lot smaller. :P

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7393 on: July 10, 2016, 08:04:24 PM »

Mine runs around $110-125 a month depending on how hot it is, and I'm betting my house is a lot smaller. :P

We're right around 1000 square feet.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7394 on: July 12, 2016, 07:38:08 PM »

We're right around 1000 square feet.

Mine runs $150-170 but we almost never use AC,  we do have electric hot water though and ventilation fans that run all the time.  Connecticut also has some of the highest electric rates in the country
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw