Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157679 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #7080 on: April 03, 2016, 01:56:10 PM »
Brought the last of the books over to the new place................I really have too many books!    :GA:

No such thing as too many books.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7081 on: April 03, 2016, 02:09:54 PM »
Brought the last of the books over to the new place................I really have too many books!    :GA:

No such thing as too many books.

It feels that way when you have thick heavy volcano books, that you never really read anymore and they are ball busters to pack and move.  This is a multi volume set of bound volcano related periodicals.  I am going to do some research into selling that set to a good home and clear space out for more volcano books.   
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7082 on: April 03, 2016, 02:12:38 PM »
I feel your pain but I shudder at the mere thought.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7083 on: April 03, 2016, 03:14:49 PM »

Thanks.....but, I belong to a number of Volcano sites on FB and may have someone want to collect them.   I'd be happy to sell them at a loss, just as long as they go to a good home.  We Volcano Book Collectors are referred to as:  "Shake and Bakers".  LOL  I still have several valuable books in my collection, that are rare, but, I will leave that for Carla to profit from after I die.  One of them is a book that was printed in 1906, and only 1000 were ever printed, I bought it for $175 US and the last I saw it was worth $600+ .....enough to pay for my cremation costs!   :laugh:  It's not exactly a huge market, but, some people, like me, are fanatical collectors!     :mischief:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7084 on: April 03, 2016, 06:00:01 PM »
I threw away a lot of food and bought a lot of food.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7085 on: April 03, 2016, 06:00:58 PM »

The circle of life.  :hamsterwheel:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7086 on: April 03, 2016, 06:10:30 PM »

Cleaning out the food used to happen while sugarbutt was out of town so to avoid arguments, but his health issues over the last couple of years has made him more conscientious about what he eats so he's a lot better about it, and he actually asked me to clean out the food. He ASKED me to clean the food!!  :orly: Still, within the first ten minutes he was poking through the trash can and getting all anxious, so I told him to piss off and let me do it, and I promised when I was done I'd mega grocery shop and he'd have a big ole giant stash of new food to hoard until it expired.  :hahaha:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:03:03 PM by Gopher Gary »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7087 on: April 03, 2016, 06:55:36 PM »

Thanks.....but, I belong to a number of Volcano sites on FB and may have someone want to collect them.   I'd be happy to sell them at a loss, just as long as they go to a good home.  We Volcano Book Collectors are referred to as:  "Shake and Bakers".  LOL  I still have several valuable books in my collection, that are rare, but, I will leave that for Carla to profit from after I die.  One of them is a book that was printed in 1906, and only 1000 were ever printed, I bought it for $175 US and the last I saw it was worth $600+ .....enough to pay for my cremation costs!   :laugh:  It's not exactly a huge market, but, some people, like me, are fanatical collectors!     :mischief:

Why not find an active volcano and have your body thrown in it?  Your family can have a vacation while cremating you.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7088 on: April 03, 2016, 07:07:48 PM »

Why not find an active volcano and have your body thrown in it?  Your family can have a vacation while cremating you.

I could die happy, if it was that easy,,,,maybe in Iceland, which is closer than Hawaii!    :P

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7089 on: April 04, 2016, 06:08:41 AM »
I started cleaning my room today. Rotated the hawaiian shirts and even found one to get rid of.  It's -3C here - time to start wearing them! People are already wearing shorts and at the climbing gym the flip flops were out.

Found one thing from my lost list which takes the stress down a notch. Still missing a lot of things, but today I will be cleaning in different parts of the house and hopefully will find more.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7090 on: April 04, 2016, 11:51:31 AM »
Worked. Bought groceries. Now about to eat dinner.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7091 on: April 04, 2016, 01:18:05 PM »

Cleaning out the food used to happen while sugarbutt was out of town so to avoid arguments, but his health issues over the last couple of years has made him more conscientious about what he eats so he's a lot better about it, and he actually asked me to clean out the food. He ASKED me to clean the food!!  :orly: Still, within the first ten minutes he was poking through the trash can and getting all anxious, so I told him to piss off and let me do it, and I promised when I was done I'd mega grocery shop and he'd have a big ole giant stash of new food to hoard until it expired.  :hahaha:

Sounds like mine. His mother is downright scary with old food, leaving stuff out, etc. Used to make me nuts, I spent years working in food service and I'm probably a little OCD when it comes to stuff like that.

Our turning point came when the state made him take a 3 week long food safety course before he could open his kitchen at the bar.  Best thing that could have ever happened.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7092 on: April 04, 2016, 06:38:18 PM »

Sounds like mine. His mother is downright scary with old food, leaving stuff out, etc. Used to make me nuts, I spent years working in food service and I'm probably a little OCD when it comes to stuff like that.

Our turning point came when the state made him take a 3 week long food safety course before he could open his kitchen at the bar.  Best thing that could have ever happened.

He's just gets all bent out of shape about throwing away food that's never been opened, and he wants to argue about expiration dates being guidelines, or suggestions, or somehow subjective or something. I don't think he got it from his family.  :dunno: He got a good laugh though when I told him I'd get him a bunch of new food to waste.  :hahaha:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7093 on: April 04, 2016, 11:32:51 PM »
I routinely ignore use by/ best by/expiration dates. 

My mom's uncle lived for over 20 years without electricity or running water until he sold his land and moved from the rapidly urbanized area to a more remote area.  He had electricity and a refrigerator then, but only used the refrigerator to store canned foods.  Whatever he bought on his weekly shopping trip (fresh food) didn't kill him with not being eaten in the first 24 hours.  He lived on the new land before he died of a stroke.  P. S. he was autistic.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7094 on: April 05, 2016, 05:17:19 AM »
Woke up early after having some strange dreams, not bad ones just weird mash up ones
Got up and watched some TV
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw