Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157680 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #6540 on: December 02, 2015, 09:13:13 PM »
Nice collection.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6541 on: December 02, 2015, 11:57:56 PM »

Thanks. Kind of wish you could see them all.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6542 on: December 03, 2015, 01:20:30 AM »
My wife collects nutcrackers. We always put them on display for Christmas. Yesterday my daughter and I put them out for all to see. Here are a few of the larger ones.

Just for perspective, the large one in the middle is more than waste high and the center speaker from my HT system you can just barely see in the background has two - ten inch JBL for lows and two eight inch JBL for lower and upper mids and highs and a small JBL compression horn system between them for upper highs.

I thought there was a speaker in the picture. :laugh:

The collection is pretty cool, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6543 on: December 03, 2015, 09:19:25 AM »
I may try to come and steal your wife's collection.  Nutcrackers are artistically cool.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6544 on: December 03, 2015, 09:55:52 AM »
My wife collects nutcrackers. We always put them on display for Christmas. Yesterday my daughter and I put them out for all to see. Here are a few of the larger ones.

Just for perspective, the large one in the middle is more than waste high and the center speaker from my HT system you can just barely see in the background has two - ten inch JBL for lows and two eight inch JBL for lower and upper mids and highs and a small JBL compression horn system between them for upper highs.

I thought there was a speaker in the picture. :laugh:

The collection is pretty cool, too.

That is really only a part of the collection.
Can not really see the horn because it sits above the larger drivers' cabinet. Our slanted ceiling goes from nine feet at the corners to eighteen feet at the center of the rooms.

That is one of the reasons my subwoofer system works so well. No chance for many of the normal room nodes to interfere, having a massive slanted ceiling.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:00:44 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6545 on: December 03, 2015, 09:57:28 AM »
I may try to come and steal your wife's collection.  Nutcrackers are artistically cool.

I will take that as a compliment and make sure that my shotgun is loaded.

:lol1:

Stupid stuff, that. My shotgun is always loaded.

Amazing, are they not??!??
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:01:48 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6546 on: December 03, 2015, 10:05:58 AM »
I did not do this thing today, so this may be the wrong thread.

I am probably going to be fired from work.

I am at certain personal toil over this whole thing.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #6547 on: December 03, 2015, 10:42:27 AM »

What happened?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6548 on: December 03, 2015, 11:20:23 AM »
 I tried to explain some of it in the "Bitch" thread.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6549 on: December 07, 2015, 04:20:00 PM »
I used the "mark all messages as read" button.  :trollskull:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6550 on: December 07, 2015, 05:23:38 PM »

You do not deserve this. :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6551 on: December 11, 2015, 01:45:25 PM »

Today I shipped out my mom's Christmas presents.

My wife made a huge amount of seasonal candy treats to share with some and my mom got a huge selection of fancy candy. My wife is actually a multi-generational confectioner - kind of due to her Dutch and German heritage. There is also some British influence, resulting in her creating incredibly rich, layered truffles and many other ways to make everyone who even nibbles to have a toothache with every bite they dare.
 :zoinks:

I always bitch at her for giving it all away, because it is just so fucking awesome, but I generally wave the white flags of surrender before it is all gone.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6552 on: December 11, 2015, 01:54:44 PM »
OH shit, I got carried away talking about my wife's amazing confectionery skills and forgot to mention what I got for my mom.

My mom is an old time Texas cowgirl, still at seventy eight she keeps cattle, chickens, goats, sheep, pheasants, peacocks, etc. She lives on her share of the old time family homestead of about forty acres (her part - oh, which my brother and I will have to split some day) and maintains about one hundred tweny acres that belong to her siblings who are either too old to care or live too far away to give daily care to a ranch land acreage.
BUT, she has always loved buffalo (North American Bison) and I found her a three foot wide, two feet tall  "rusty metal (obviously laser cut out, incredibly precise)"  flat wall hanger of light steel, perfectly silhouetting a buffalo,  well aged artistically and finished to preserve the varying patina.

I expect she will try every piece of candy, give the rest away and literally treasure the wall hanger bison thing.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:05:30 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6553 on: December 12, 2015, 04:32:48 PM »
Went to the farm I worked on and dropped off some materials I was short when I did the job
Gave Marley a bath
Cleaned out the filters on the dishwasher :zombiefuck:
Sorted out some flea market stuff
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6554 on: December 12, 2015, 05:55:16 PM »
Cleared house a bit, vacuumed, did dishes. Finished cake off with a lemon/chocolate/black pepper glazing. Did some grocery shopping, with two girls. Celebrated BD of oldest. Mom, brother and extra kid (like furniture in my house, she is part of family) stayed for a meal and the evening too. Played games. Waved guests a good journey home, got exhausted kids to bed. And am now listening to the wind outside, while unwinding a bit.

Oh, also did a bit of laundry.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!