Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157811 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #6390 on: October 15, 2015, 03:27:03 PM »
Nothing much for me, since I had to work over nine hours today - that time of year has arrived.

... but I got a really good look at one of these 2016 Jaguars.

We have MANY District and Territory level bosses who visit our little store regularly, because we are an anomaly. Our little store has consistently earned monthly bonuses for all its employees for eight months running, now. So our little (really small for one of these types of stores) store in the middle of bumfuck, redneck nowhere being in the top ten nationwide is an anomaly, to say the least.

Anyway we get a lot of corporate visits to learn how to "play our game on down the line" and improve everyone's working experience.    :blah:

Usually these guys show up in a fairly tame rental car or if they are reasonably local, then some kind of "modest"  sedan or mini-van of some sort, even though they make twice as much as our GM does. They generally have a "sort" of compassion for the average worker and do not flaunt their (undeserved?) wealth.

But there is this one guy, who, while everyone else at his level was driving conservative automobiles, maybe even the random SUV, THIS guy drove a fucking full sized Hummer. Fine.

Today he shows up in his brand spanking new Jaguar (Odeon, possibly you should put in for an update   :LOL:). I got the tour as did many of us.
Here's a similar pic from the web:
(ASSHOLE!!!)

I love the F-type, but it's a bit expensive.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6391 on: October 15, 2015, 03:28:45 PM »
Worked. Walked to Foyle's but managed not buying anything, for once.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #6392 on: October 15, 2015, 04:33:58 PM »
Finished writing a presentation on global literacy and education that I get to present tomorrow morning.
 :popcorn:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6393 on: October 15, 2015, 07:31:13 PM »
Played around and made an icon we can use for fun.

I will need Odeon's help to make work. I find that none of the Photobuckets or ImageShacks will allow hosting of an ico file.

Anyway, I like it, so I am attaching it.

OOPS!!  SO I can not do that here either. I will try the PNG, although it is quite large for an icon image.

I guess you have to imagine it small like an icon.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:39:59 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6394 on: October 15, 2015, 11:00:29 PM »

I will need Odeon's help to make work. I find that none of the Photobuckets or ImageShacks will allow hosting of an ico file.

OOPS!!  SO I can not do that here either. I will try the PNG, although it is quite large for an icon image.

Hubert is in charge of smileys right now, maybe he can re-size it and make it work.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6395 on: October 16, 2015, 01:48:44 AM »
Finally did the dishes. Chopped up vegetables for a slow cooker meal that Kayleigh made. Cleaned out the fridge, shelves and all.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6396 on: October 16, 2015, 05:32:57 AM »
Up at 3am due to some noise outside got up to see what it was but didn't see anything
Fell asleep on the couch
Now up and ready to go to work
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6397 on: October 16, 2015, 12:19:49 PM »

Hubert is in charge of smileys right now, maybe he can re-size it and make it work.  :orly:

I could hook it up, but have no idea how to resize it.

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6398 on: October 16, 2015, 12:22:40 PM »
Nevermind :trollskull:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6399 on: October 16, 2015, 02:10:52 PM »
Nevermind :trollskull:

You RoXXors!!

But, whatever ...

:trollskull:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6400 on: October 16, 2015, 02:13:52 PM »
:trollface:                                           :trollskull:

Love it!

I probably should have looked at the original a bit more closely, because they do not match very well.  "Whatever!"  Mine is dead and still trollin'   ... 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:16:53 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6401 on: October 16, 2015, 02:22:40 PM »
:trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull: :trollskull:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6402 on: October 16, 2015, 03:50:25 PM »
My eyes! :GA:

I worked, then spent an hour on the tube on my way to Heathrow, another two hours waiting to board the plane, and 90 minutes in the air.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6403 on: October 16, 2015, 04:27:55 PM »
Nothing much for me, since I had to work over nine hours today - that time of year has arrived.

... but I got a really good look at one of these 2016 Jaguars.

We have MANY District and Territory level bosses who visit our little store regularly, because we are an anomaly. Our little store has consistently earned monthly bonuses for all its employees for eight months running, now. So our little (really small for one of these types of stores) store in the middle of bumfuck, redneck nowhere being in the top ten nationwide is an anomaly, to say the least.

Anyway we get a lot of corporate visits to learn how to "play our game on down the line" and improve everyone's working experience.    :blah:

Usually these guys show up in a fairly tame rental car or if they are reasonably local, then some kind of "modest"  sedan or mini-van of some sort, even though they make twice as much as our GM does. They generally have a "sort" of compassion for the average worker and do not flaunt their (undeserved?) wealth.

But there is this one guy, who, while everyone else at his level was driving conservative automobiles, maybe even the random SUV, THIS guy drove a fucking full sized Hummer. Fine.

Today he shows up in his brand spanking new Jaguar (Odeon, possibly you should put in for an update   :LOL:). I got the tour as did many of us.
Here's a similar pic from the web:
(ASSHOLE!!!)

I love the F-type, but it's a bit expensive.

Yes, quite out of my price range as well by a factor of about four or so. (almost have my Escalade paid off and still have a bit to go on "my son's car"  - which he says he will never drive because it is too powerful for him -  FUCK!)

MY main point was the arrogance and vanity of the asshole District guy who continually inflates his own ego to show off his (undeserved!) wealth (one can only imagine how damaged and deflated this guy's EGO must be to get pleasure from showing this equipment off to underlings) to the humble and hard working underclass folk, while he tools around in one of his pretentious toys, is a bit more than any of us simple folk should have to shoulder.

I almost want to park my son's car next to his so I can door ding it with WHITE!

:puke:

But, Yeah!  This new F-Type is pretty amazing.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:37:04 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6404 on: October 16, 2015, 04:33:35 PM »
My eyes! :GA:

Yeah, a bit much.  I hope we can soon settle in and find "funny"  uses for our new icon.