Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157606 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #6135 on: July 25, 2015, 08:18:28 PM »
Still worn out, didn't do much of anything.

I feel your pain!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6136 on: July 25, 2015, 09:29:50 PM »
Went to some tag sales
Put the ladder racks on the van
Cleaned out the trailer
Fixed some things on the blowing machine
Loaded the trailer full of stuff to go to the dump
Busy day today :green:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6137 on: July 26, 2015, 12:40:55 PM »
Spent two hours teaching my daughter about the finer points of driving.

:GA:

My son has been old enough to get his unrestricted (actually there are some city driving restrictions associated with young drivers which include No Texting While Driving, No Driving after Eleven PM, No Passengers In The Car Who Are Not Adult Over Twenty five) driving license since March and yet he has still not shown any interest in learning to drive.  He punched the gas too hard on his car (We had a great deal on a decent car and he WAS showing a bit of interest, besides, Having a third car is goood for the family's interests) we bought him one time and it scared the hell out of him with the power at his hand/foot.

He has not had the courage to try again, yet.  It will come.

:asthing:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:48:55 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #6138 on: July 26, 2015, 12:44:56 PM »
Went to the Kittery Trading Post (a sort of L.L. Bean type place) to buy Carla a new sleeping bag.  Then went to a local Clam Shack, Bob's clam shack to be exact and had a proper sized basket of Fried Clams that delicious.  Carla had a clam burger and Amber had her favorite, fried calamari.   8)  All very good! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6139 on: July 26, 2015, 12:56:14 PM »

Spent some time with my son cleaning guns.

Only for the second time ever, after more than a year of his intense interest and about eight months of prep time with an air gun or two in the back yard, we went out to a firing range and shot some real guns together.

I carried two .22 caliber, one semi-auto, one single shot revolver, one .38 Special revolver, one 9mm S&W semi-auto, one .22 carbine, one MIni 14 Ruger in .223 caliber and one 20Ga single shot, break front shotgun.

We had a "blast!!"  No pun intended.  He shot every one of them and today we had a lot of guns to clean. He was up at five thirty AM wanting to get started taking them apart and learning more about how to clean them.

We have been disassembling them and "cleaning them"  for months, but only once has he had a truly dirty gun to clean and it was just one of my semi-auto .22 caliber pistols. Today he learned a lot about a lot of different kinds of guns.

I am glad to see that his interest is not just internet searching, but real life, hands-on interest.
He has done well, BTW. Still can not shoot for shit but he is improving and losing his fear of larger weapons as we go.

Yesterday I saw a SUV with a sign advertizing the guys gun cleaning service which I thought was odd, everyone I know does it themselves,  have you ever heard of anything like this or do I just live in a part of the country where a lot of people just have too much money on their hands?

Probably your assessment is close to the actuality or maybe that poor guy just has a pipe dream like those weird people who try to start a dog walking company.

These are things that normal people do because they want to. Part of the pleasure of owning a dog is getting to walk all over creation with it. Same with messy, dirty guns you just spent hours enjoying.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6140 on: July 26, 2015, 01:12:02 PM »

Not done yet, but we are prepared for an evening of Shakespearean acting in a local park.

Last night we went to explore the play in the park thing. Not far from us; last night we walked. Just caught one act and part of another, basically, took the dog for a long walk. It was "Romeo And Juliet" and the play was very cool with twenties and teen actors and a couple of ancient SOBs like myself, majorly all totally into their craft. It was very cool.

Tonight we are making a family night of it. My daughter and I are setting up a sitting place, before all the good ones are taken.

We are meeting there, due to my son having a job interview about a half hour before.

Anyway, tonight the play is Shakespeare's Macbeth.

I am going now, since it starts at six thirty PM. We need to set up our space for our family.

Damn thing with the spaces seems to get crowded early.

There are four of us and we are bringing six chairs.

That is a part of me ...

:hide:

This turned out to be very enjoyable.  We were very lucky with the weather; it clouded over and blocked the harsh summer sun setting in our faces, just as show time approached.
Interestingly we all four had a great time and enjoyed the amateur production of a very difficult play immensely.

There were times when the play offers humor and, as strange as it might seem, there were only about five or six of us in a crowd of around three hundred or so who were laughing at the times when word play became humorous. I feel that there were well over two thirds of the people in attendance who had no clue as to what was going on on stage and were not even listening to the actors modern renditions of the "ancient" work.

I was actually moved to talk to two of the other people (total strangers - rare for me) who seemed to "get it,"  so to speak.

One great evening we four enjoyed as a family!!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6141 on: July 26, 2015, 07:24:31 PM »
Went to the Kittery Trading Post (a sort of L.L. Bean type place) to buy Carla a new sleeping bag.  Then went to a local Clam Shack, Bob's clam shack to be exact and had a proper sized basket of Fried Clams that delicious.  Carla had a clam burger and Amber had her favorite, fried calamari.   8)  All very good!

YUM we go every time we are up that way, no place down here makes calms as good as they do :thumbup:

Today I went out to breakfast and installed switches to turn off the interior lights in the van when the doors are open

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6142 on: July 28, 2015, 04:27:23 PM »
Spent about 7 hours in an attic where it was over 125F(51.6C) with almost no air circulation, had to take breaks every 45 minutes or so.  One of the breaks I came out and laid on the ground under a tree and the other guy working there was on his phone and didn't notice me he freaked out when he saw me thinking I had passed out and ran towards me yelling my name and was all relieved  when I sat up and asked why he was screaming :2thumbsup:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #6143 on: July 28, 2015, 04:39:17 PM »
:laugh:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #6144 on: July 28, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
Work was shit.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6145 on: July 30, 2015, 12:47:44 AM »
Not a lot, yet, but I'm about to. :orly:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6146 on: July 30, 2015, 07:11:22 AM »
Had a house inspection. We passed.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6147 on: July 30, 2015, 04:38:48 PM »
Not a lot, yet, but I'm about to. :orly:

You started without me (cross-thread post)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6148 on: July 30, 2015, 04:39:17 PM »
Pre-op meeting for the PR's surgery next week.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6149 on: July 30, 2015, 04:40:19 PM »
Pre-op meeting for the PR's surgery next week.
Surgery again?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!