Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157186 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #5235 on: August 17, 2014, 07:21:30 PM »
Worked on a good sized commercial job to avoid the safety Nazis that are there during the week and  got all the really high stuff done
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5236 on: August 17, 2014, 08:26:25 PM »
Whats the tyrosine for QV?

(totally unrelated and randomish) IMO the PR looks a lot like our DFG. I actually confused the two when you posted a pic in the elders pic thread and had to doubletake until I realized it was the PR and not ducky.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5237 on: August 17, 2014, 08:35:59 PM »
Wilted from heat.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5238 on: August 17, 2014, 09:44:29 PM »
Whats the tyrosine for QV?

(totally unrelated and randomish) IMO the PR looks a lot like our DFG. I actually confused the two when you posted a pic in the elders pic thread and had to doubletake until I realized it was the PR and not ducky.

It seems to help organize her thinking skills.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5239 on: August 17, 2014, 10:43:01 PM »
Interesting. It is a dopamine metabolic precursor, but this is rate-limited enzymatically.

Has she ever tried any of the various nootropics? I myself have to reccomend pramiracetam, perhaps the creme de la creme of the 'racetam family nootropics. Or perhaps aniracetam, a fat-soluble and longish lasting 'racetam with some AMPAkine properties.

Working on one of the proper dyed-in-the-wool AMPAkines myself although I have let that project lapse, I keep meaning to get round to it, in this case the drug DM-235/sunifiram, a pretty simple piperazine derivative. Starting from de-wormer (intended for humans in this case), which is simple piperazine phosphate plus a miniscule dose of senna, and a dye. Not sure if the senna will stay in there after solvent washing away the dye, but I'm not particularly fussed, as its something like 12mg/8g dose of piperazine and the compound I plan to test out is active in the microgram-low mg range, so any laxative making it through every step of the synthetic process into the end result would be totally insignificant and inert.

I've found pramiracetam, and to a less pronounced extent, aniracetam and the archetype of the series, piracetam to work really well in promoting memory and cognitive clarity, spatial awareness etc. Best taken with a choline supplement or headaches can occur, as these increase neuronal uptake of choline and boost acetylcholine synthesis (and IMO they pair up really well with a cholinesterase inhibitor too, although the latter can end up being toxic in excess) The racetams themselves however are pretty much devoid of any toxicity. I imagine with most of them, one would have to choke to death whilst swallowing the dose to actually do damage, with one exception, nefiracetam, which has been shown to cause testicular atrophy, damaging leydig cells, at least in dogs, although it has been used in humans. I don't fancy that one however.

These aren't stimulants of the conventional type, and bear zero resemblance to DARIs like cocaine, methyl/ethylphenidate and others, or to dopamine releasers such as amphetamine/methamp, nor even to the oddball eugeroic types, from what I read of those, modafinil, adrafinil and a couple of others, although I have never personally experienced any of these.

But damn, the pramiracetam I take sometimes really does sharpen me up mentally, without any physical bodyload at all.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5240 on: August 18, 2014, 06:55:23 PM »
Went to (some of) the National World War 2 Museum.  The weapons were pretty cool.  They even had a German Enigma machine.

:sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush: :sexymush:

I kept thinking of how much Adam would like it, even though he's more interested in the Eastern Front.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:02:20 PM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #5241 on: August 19, 2014, 06:50:39 AM »
Read newspaper (again paperboy put the wrong paper through my front door), drank a coffee, reheated a leftover cannalloni and ate it. Cleaned some windows and tried to clean the shower screen. Going to shower pretty soon and wash the bleach-like stuff off then. Hope it has done its job.

Cleaned the tiles, the spaces in between them, in the bathroom with the same stuff last week and that looks nice and clean again now.

Also made 4 meatballs (of minced beef/organic) an hour ago. Tried one already and the conclusion is: this is the best recipe for making meatballs. Going to eat probably two for dinner later this afternoon/evening. With?
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5242 on: August 19, 2014, 08:56:10 AM »
  Internetted.  Made and consumed toast and coffee. :coffee:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5243 on: August 19, 2014, 11:35:51 AM »
Went shooting...ate...picked up the neighbor's mower for repair work. Need to start laundry and go fix the mower.

*munches on more cheese danish and procrastinates*

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5244 on: August 19, 2014, 08:48:47 PM »
Worked, got the laundry, screwed around with a Nintendo DS game, now attempting to HTML format a document.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5245 on: August 21, 2014, 04:54:22 AM »
Took Ceilidh to therapy and back home again, then went to uni to hand in an assignment.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #5246 on: August 21, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »
Went to my local fishmonger this afternoon and I got myself a herring and a small-ish sea bass. The latter is one of my favourite fish. 'Do you want the head off and have the fish filleted, sir?' 'No no no no no', I said, 'Iz going do that myself, you smelly counter woman!'

Okay, I stayed friendly (comme d'habitude) and that weren't the exact words I used (at all) but I wanted to make a (fish) stock and head and bones of a sea bass are brilliant to do such. Turned out filleting this fish wasn't as easy I thought it would be.. and now I've got to be extra careful not to choke on some fish bones when the fillets are fried and dinner is served later this evening.

Made mentioned stock and it's lurvely. Maybe I'll get myself some North sea shrimps, at the supermarket later today, to have some filling in the broth (and leave it at that). Maybe some fresh dill as well.

Did a laundry, took care of the plants in pots, discovered a new game on my old laptop (that I'm still using now) and waisted several hours playing it. It's already past five o'clock (PM)  here and I still have to properly clean my teeth and go to a supermarket. Playing (comp.) games ruins my frikkin' life..

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #5247 on: August 21, 2014, 10:39:17 AM »
Went to my local fishmonger this afternoon and I got myself a herring and a small-ish sea bass. The latter is one of my favourite fish. 'Do you want the head off and have the fish filleted, sir?' 'No no no no no', I said, 'Iz going do that myself, you smelly counter woman!'

Okay, I stayed friendly (comme d'habitude) and that weren't the exact words I used (at all) but I wanted to make a (fish) stock and head and bones of a sea bass are brilliant to do such. Turned out filleting this fish wasn't as easy I thought it would be.. and now I've got to be extra careful not to choke on some fish bones when the fillets are fried and dinner is served later this evening.

Made mentioned stock and it's lurvely. Maybe I'll get myself some North sea shrimps, at the supermarket later today, to have some filling in the broth (and leave it at that). Maybe some fresh dill as well.

Did a laundry, took care of the plants in pots, discovered a new game on my old laptop (that I'm still using now) and waisted several hours playing it. It's already past five o'clock (PM)  here and I still have to properly clean my teeth and go to a supermarket. Playing (comp.) games ruins my frikkin' life..

Use a very sharp knife. :thumbup:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #5248 on: August 21, 2014, 11:18:40 AM »
Yes, that's good advice.. butz my flexible knife to use for filleting fish isn't sharp enough.

Aah, it's my birthday soon and some folks asked me what I'd like for a present and now I know two. Namely a good filleting knife.. and a pair of (kitchen/fish bone) tweezers.

Cool.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #5249 on: August 21, 2014, 11:24:19 AM »
Yes, that's good advice.. butz my flexible knife to use for filleting fish isn't sharp enough.

Aah, it's my birthday soon and some folks asked me what I'd like for a present and now I know two. Namely a good filleting knife.. and a pair of (kitchen/fish bone) tweezers.

Cool.

:thumbup:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.