Author Topic: rpg psychology  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Insanity66

• Rookie (be kind to me)
rpg psychology
« on: September 18, 2011, 04:31:50 AM »
I would like to ask why are we so addicted of watching numbers go up and progress bars fill up in a video game?
Does anyone have any link to an internet resource that explains this phenomenon, because I'm googling and can't find anything useful about this.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: rpg psychology
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 04:37:24 AM »
www.prisonstruggle.com

Lots of bars in this game  :autism:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 06:47:19 AM »
I would like to ask why are we so addicted of watching numbers go up and progress bars fill up in a video game?
Does anyone have any link to an internet resource that explains this phenomenon, because I'm googling and can't find anything useful about this.

:lol:

You are a sockpuppet of Penty :laugh:

The reason I like RPGs isn't because of watching progress bars go up. It's because of the often pretty open-world style of play that allows you to explore the world. I loved the GTA games hugely, and they aren't RPG. I like to be able to explore in games.

Oblivion and Fallout were just great games, no matter what genre you like.

Offline Insanity66

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:47:04 AM »

The reason I like RPGs isn't because of watching progress bars go up. It's because of the often pretty open-world style of play that allows you to explore the world. I loved the GTA games hugely, and they aren't RPG. I like to be able to explore in games.

Fail.Epic FAIL.
First, I'm not a sockpuppet. Second, who the fuck is Pentry?
Third, read my post again and THAN answer.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 10:32:35 AM »
I am "Penty", and who are you?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 10:45:52 AM »

Fail.Epic FAIL.
First, I'm not a sockpuppet. Second, who the fuck is Pentry?
Third, read my post again and THAN answer.

You asked two questions. I answered the first one.

I can't answer the second one. If you can't find a resource that explains why people like RPGs, then I doubt if I'll be able to find one.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

midlifeaspie

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 11:14:12 AM »
I don't think Insanity666 is actually a Penty sockpuppet.  I think it is someone trying to parody him.  I wish he was better at it though, we haven't had a good troll in a while.  This is 5 or 6 :yawn: trolls in a row.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
I don't see how he's anything like me?

eris

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »
funny thing is i KNOW it's not a troll. It's just sheer coincidence.

Why do I like RPGs ? Im going to try to sound as least ghey as I can with this, but I like the epic storyline and battles and I get all caught up in trying to save the world :/

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 02:41:35 PM »

Why do I like RPGs ? Im going to try to sound as least ghey as I can with this, but I like the epic storyline and battles and I get all caught up in trying to save the world :/

Most RPG's are the same. Always in the same old Dungeons and Dragons type of setting. Always taking themselves too seriously. Yawn... So boring. :yawn:

The only RPG's I ever cared about were Super Mario RPG, Earthbound/Mother 2, Mother 3, and Paper Mario. That's about it.

P7PSP

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »
Because that is the most fun you will ever have.  :hahaha:

eris

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 02:50:34 PM »
Because that is the most fun you will ever have.  :hahaha:

that's so sad :(

P7PSP

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 03:38:30 PM »

Most RPG's are the same. Always in the same old Dungeons and Dragons type of setting. Always taking themselves too seriously. Yawn... So boring. :yawn:

The only RPG's I ever cared about were Super Mario RPG, Earthbound/Mother 2, Mother 3, and Paper Mario. That's about it.

I think that's a criticism many fans of the genre will agree with. I would love to see some RPGs set in the modern world, and ones where you don't have to save the world from an evil horde of demons straight from hell.
Good idea Insanity 69 could make an RPG of Furries versus Zombies.  :thumbup: