Educational

Author Topic: Lack of Online Resources Explaining the Psychology Behind Conspiracy Theories  (Read 3817 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: Lack of Online Resources Explaining the Psychology Behind Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2011, 07:53:30 PM »
To the naysayers who want to ridicule:  :finger:

I don't agree with you about the global warming thingy being a conspiracy by the government (or whatever) to exploit people's money. Doesn't mean I'm interested in ridiculing you.

As long as you don't insult me, I won't insult you.

Not intending to.

@ Butterflies: if the internet is your prime source of knowledge, then you have DEFINITELY got a long way to go. You surely don't believe EVERYTHING you read on it??

You don't use the internet for your conspiracy theories, right?  You rely on books and the radio, right?  :viking:

Books and radio. Unfortunately, there are also dickheads who write books and spout bullshit on the radio.

And while the 'net can be useful, don't trust everything you read on it.

BTW, I think most conspiracy theories are shite too.

midlifeaspie

Re: Lack of Online Resources Explaining the Psychology Behind Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2011, 07:55:31 PM »
We as a planet could not have used up 70,000,000 years worth of resources in 200 years

I never looked at it that way.  The one number is certainly bigger than the other.  Thank you for backing up your point with such grounded scientific evidence and obvious intellect and reason.  :)

And as the years go by, even more would be made.

Now, even though rainforests have been cleared in some parts, there is an answer. Plant more trees. New growth will be more beneficial than old growth anyway, as the older growth will be failing to produce enough fuel after a certain amount of time due to its dying out.

Why haven't the scientists thought of this?  Just plant more trees.  Trees equal oil and coal.  I'm off to my backyard to make some gas for my car right now.  I do have several trees back there.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2011, 07:55:45 PM »
We as a planet could not have used up 70,000,000 years worth of resources in 200 years

I never looked at it that way.  The one number is certainly bigger than the other.  Thank you for backing up your point with such grounded scientific evidence and obvious intellect and reason.  :)

Now, even though rainforests have been cleared in some parts, there is an answer. Plant more trees. New growth will be more beneficial than old growth anyway, as the older growth will be failing to produce enough fuel after a certain amount of time due to its dying out.

:probe: :probe: :probe: :probe:

There are simply no words to describe your ignorance :tard: :tard: :tard:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
To the naysayers who want to ridicule:  :finger:

I don't agree with you about the global warming thingy being a conspiracy by the government (or whatever) to exploit people's money. Doesn't mean I'm interested in ridiculing you.

As long as you don't insult me, I won't insult you.

Not intending to.

@ Butterflies: if the internet is your prime source of knowledge, then you have DEFINITELY got a long way to go. You surely don't believe EVERYTHING you read on it??

I like to garner information and facts from a variety of places including internet, TV, and newspapers before I form opinions on big matters.

Where are you getting your knowledge from?

Same sources you are, but not so much with the net. Also people I talk to.

Now, let's call a truce to all this shite with fighting etc, cos really, it is getting rather boring and pointless. You don't respect me, your choice. But having textual warfare over something written is hardly going to solve anything, right?

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2011, 07:59:18 PM »

Why haven't the scientists thought of this?  Just plant more trees.  Trees equal oil and coal.  I'm off to my backyard to make some gas for my car right now.  I do have several trees back there.

Should have seen the sarcasm there.  :boxers:

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2011, 08:04:27 PM »
Here's the thing.

If the majority of scientists disagree with a view on something to do with science, and they not only disagree with the view but find it ridiculous, then chances are they have very good reasons to reject such view.

Osensitive1

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2011, 08:10:10 PM »
Dr. Phil says otherwise.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2011, 08:29:44 PM »
Fuck Dr. Phil. :autism:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2011, 08:38:14 PM »
Here's the thing.

If the majority of scientists disagree with a view on something to do with science, and they not only disagree with the view but find it ridiculous, then chances are they have very good reasons to reject such view.

But Steve's spoke to people, and he's done the maths in his head, so he knows more than any of those scientists.
Just because he's pretty stupid, doesn't mean that he's not an authority on global warming :nerdy:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2011, 08:44:22 PM »
Here's the thing.

But Steve's spoke to people, and he's done the maths in his head, so he knows more than any of those scientists.
Just because he's pretty stupid, doesn't mean that he's not an authority on global warming :nerdy:

And just because your a bitch doesn't make you an authority on mental health.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2011, 08:47:30 PM »
Here's the thing.

:probe: :probe: :probe:

No, but I know enough about it to know that you are in serious need of a professional.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2011, 08:49:48 PM »
Here's the thing.

No, but I know enough about it to know that you are in serious need of a professional.

No, I don't pay whores like you.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2011, 08:54:48 PM »
Here's the thing.

First you accuse MLA of being a pedo. Now you accuse me of being a prostitute.

The good ship Steve is sinking fast. Just how low can you go?

Please keep trying

Scrapheap

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2011, 09:06:11 PM »
:popcorn:

Another TCO meltdown in 5..4..3..2..

:lol:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2011, 09:06:46 PM »
Here's the thing.

First you accuse MLA of being a pedo. Now you accuse me of being a prostitute.

The good ship Steve is sinking fast. Just how low can you go?

Please keep trying

When I get to the Titanic I'll give you a wave.

Slut.