Educational

Author Topic: Is it racist to not want to date outside of your race ?  (Read 8050 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Is it racist to not want to date outside of your race ?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 11:02:09 AM »
Humans have an instinct to seek partners who're genetically similar enough to not cause compatibility problems in the offspring, and an instinct to seek partners who're genetically dissimilar enough to provide the offspring with a diverse immune system and to prevent homozygous occurrences of detrimental genes.

I dunno  :dunno:

My tastes are pretty diverse. I'm attracted to lighter skinned black people, but not so much to darker skinned black people. I'm attracted to Indian people, but less so to Chinese/Japanese. I'm attracted to Native Americans, but not so much to Eskimos.

I'm not sure if the people I'm attracted to are any more genetically compatible than the people I'm less attracted to.

Mine too.  My girlfriend is half native american.  I've been attracted to asian, black and others.   You desire what you desire.

Some people desire goats, others desire their siblings.  Most people are somewhere in-between.  Fortunately for humans, anything less related than a close family member or more related than a bonobo is fine, but we still have instincts from a time of high genetic diversity and small geographical ranges when it paid to be a bit more selective about who you slept with.  Even back then, a bell curve of human sexual exploration would have allowed new genes to trickle into a population from a few sexually adventurous individuals who cast their nets further afield and be assimilated without swamping the gene pool with maladaptive genetic combinations.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 11:16:18 AM »
Humanzee. That would be so cool :lol:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 03:42:06 PM »
Its hard to imagine there could possibly be  a downside to sex with neaberthals ;)

Psychophant

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 03:43:01 PM »
As long as it's good for both of them!!!   :eyebrows:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
My race is the rocking chair race (Olympics, 2000) and even I won't date the guys in there. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 08:45:23 PM »
The downside of sex with Neanderthals.

Interesting article, Peter.

I would have thought the downside would be giving birth to a baby with an enormous head, but autoimmune diseases make sense.

eris

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 08:50:54 PM »
I remember when I was about 20 there was this very nice young man that my mom and brother really wanted me to date. But he was black, and well I just wasn't attracted to him. My mom was kinda disappointed in me, thinking (or knowing) I wouldnt go out with him BECAUSE he was black. I didnt look or feel too good at the end of that day. They didnt come out and call me racist but , well...

Scrapheap

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »
I only date blonde haired, blue eyed women of Germanic ancestery!!!  :autism:   :hitler:    :autism:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »
I only date blonde haired, blue eyed women of Germanic ancestery!!!  :autism:   :hitler:    :autism:

So, I guess that means you won't be dating General Razorbeard?

eris

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2011, 10:39:40 PM »

well I am 2/3ds of that. That must explain my predicament ;)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 10:43:51 PM »
My first name is either black or gay. My last name loves to hang out in German mountains. :headbang2:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 10:46:44 PM »
Not exactly on topic, but close enough.

My father would occasionally make the comment, "That's what I like, cream in my coffee,"  when he would see a light-skinned, attractive black woman.  That used to annoy me, but he was my dad and criticizing him was a no-no.  One day I saw a gorgeous, coal black, giant of a man.  Out of my mouth unexpectedly popped, "That's the way I like my coffee, strong and black."

Dad never made his comment again.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 10:48:42 PM »
My first name is either black or gay. My last name loves to hang out in German mountains. :headbang2:

Your real name is Ebonie Bergbewohner? 

eris

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2011, 10:52:54 PM »
Not exactly on topic, but close enough.

My father would occasionally make the comment, "That's what I like, cream in my coffee,"  when he would see a light-skinned, attractive black woman.  That used to annoy me, but he was my dad and criticizing him was a no-no.  One day I saw a gorgeous, coal black, giant of a man.  Out of my mouth unexpectedly popped, "That's the way I like my coffee, strong and black."

Dad never made his comment again.

In New Orleans, in the next few decades after the Civil War, the light skinned black women were considered a delicacy and were high class prostitutes and even would have "'quadroon balls" and have fancy dances, where a 1/4 black woman would be seen as a great beauty...but never marry.

I think these women probably were very beautiful , because their mothers were slaves and the fathers would be the rich white men that owned them. When a man owns slaves, I am assuming he rapes the most beautiful ones. So thats why I think these girls were exceptionally pretty and so sought after.