Author Topic: Is it racist to not want to date outside of your race ?  (Read 8059 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Is it racist to not want to date outside of your race ?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 02:51:51 AM »
No, it's not racist.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 04:58:25 AM »
It's personal preference. The people who say it's racist are up their own arseholes, these are the kinds that are trigger-happy when using the word anyway.

What pisses me off though is that SO MANY fucking people use the word completely wrong. Due to this there's so many innocent people afraid of being labelled racist because they say the wrong thing or do things such as affirmative action (which is ironically racist). To be a racist you have to actually consider yourself superior to another race and show intention of that when speaking and doing actions. Cracking a few jokes or saying words like nigger without any racist intent != racism.

That said, it is human nature to fear differences and change, so we all *are* racist in some form. Even when you try not to, there's always that superstitious bastard in the back of your head that makes you nervous around certain people and so on.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 02:53:38 AM »
To be a racist you have to actually consider yourself superior to another race and show intention of that when speaking and doing actions. Cracking a few jokes or saying words like nigger without any racist intent != racism.

Thank you!  General prejudice goes under the name "bigotry", racism is reserved for actual racial superiority.  If all it took was using racial slurs, nearly every kitchen I've ever worked in was literally crawling with racists, especially the minorities.  Now if you ever want to learn some new racial slurs, ask a black waiter about who tips and who doesn't; you'll hear words you never even knew existed for various peoples before...  :LOL:

eris

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 03:09:09 AM »
Here is this test I found on the Harvard website. It is a test to see if you are racist but not by asking questions. You have to click on the words associated with flashing questions. Dont do it drunk, or they will say you are a bigot for sure.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/Study?tid=0

I have two friends that are black and they make lots of really racist slurs against black people. They are cousins so I know it is just something about that strange family. She calls herself a tarbaby. Sweet girl, tho. . I was raised to be tolerant and lots of my friends even prefer black men so it is just my personal preference of perfect pulchritude. I just wonder why people are they way they are. Sober living has got my brain working overload.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:28:03 AM »
Yes, it IS racist!

Just kidding! :zoinks:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 06:53:58 AM »
I prefer light-skinned women with northern European features.  I'm somewhat less interested in eastern Asian women, not particularly attracted to Indian and Middle Eastern women and very seldom attracted to black African women. 

Humans have an instinct to seek partners who're genetically similar enough to not cause compatibility problems in the offspring, and an instinct to seek partners who're genetically dissimilar enough to provide the offspring with a diverse immune system and to prevent homozygous occurrences of detrimental genes.  The balance of the two, along with a complex mix of other factors, contributes to an individual's racial mating preferences.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 08:57:56 AM »
I have never heard of mixed race babies having genetic compatibility problems.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 09:00:20 AM »

I thought it was the mongrels like my good self which are resilient
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

midlifeaspie

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »

I thought it was the mongrels like my good self which are resilient

Me too.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 09:16:47 AM »
Humans have an instinct to seek partners who're genetically similar enough to not cause compatibility problems in the offspring, and an instinct to seek partners who're genetically dissimilar enough to provide the offspring with a diverse immune system and to prevent homozygous occurrences of detrimental genes.

I dunno  :dunno:

My tastes are pretty diverse. I'm attracted to lighter skinned black people, but not so much to darker skinned black people. I'm attracted to Indian people, but less so to Chinese/Japanese. I'm attracted to Native Americans, but not so much to Eskimos.

I'm not sure if the people I'm attracted to are any more genetically compatible than the people I'm less attracted to.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 09:38:45 AM »
 :penis: + :booty: = compatible  :zoinks:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »
Modern humans are all too closely related for genetic distance to cause problems, but you'll get nowhere if you try mating with a bonobo, and in the past, interbreeding between homo sapiens and other closely related hominids would likely have been a hit and miss affair, with many pairings producing sterile or unhealthy offspring or no offspring at all. 

It's something that all sexually reproducing organisms have had to deal with; the behavioural adaptations that animals have for finding a healthy balance between inbreeding and outbreeding are imperfect and variable, and can cause an animal to be attracted to a member of another species when there isn't the slightest chance of genetic compatibility, or they can cause an animal to fail to be attracted to perfectly suitable mate, but on average they work out so that most members of a species are more attracted to more genetically compatible mates.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 10:16:07 AM »
but you'll get nowhere if you try mating with a bonobo,

OMG Peter. Please tell me you're not speaking from personal experience here  :viking: :viking:

Psychophant

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 10:42:38 AM »
Humans have an instinct to seek partners who're genetically similar enough to not cause compatibility problems in the offspring, and an instinct to seek partners who're genetically dissimilar enough to provide the offspring with a diverse immune system and to prevent homozygous occurrences of detrimental genes.

I dunno  :dunno:

My tastes are pretty diverse. I'm attracted to lighter skinned black people, but not so much to darker skinned black people. I'm attracted to Indian people, but less so to Chinese/Japanese. I'm attracted to Native Americans, but not so much to Eskimos.

I'm not sure if the people I'm attracted to are any more genetically compatible than the people I'm less attracted to.

Mine too.  My girlfriend is half native american.  I've been attracted to asian, black and others.   You desire what you desire.   

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
but you'll get nowhere if you try mating with a bonobo,

OMG Peter. Please tell me you're not speaking from personal experience here  :viking: :viking:

Fortunately not, although crossing humans and chimps has been attempted.