Author Topic: oh les dramas :D  (Read 1611 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: oh les dramas :D
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »

Holy shit. That guitar riff is so fucking generic, it's like I'm watching some toothpaste commercial or something!

Try again. :wanker:

The more individual you are , the less you feel the need to tell everyone.
The less individual you are, the more self-concious you are and feel the need to say everything you dislike is the same and of "sheep mentality".

:orly:

non-anti-conformist
Had to think around that one a couple of times.

Why not just say conformist?

Non and anti used together are a double negative, and become redundant.

Does it even matter at the end of the day?

It's music , sure those who do it a little differently are more entertaining IMO , but why does everything need to be pushed into boxe of conformist or non-conformist?

It's fucking pathetic , that kind of bullshit is the epitmore of childish.

That's not directed at you btw Steve , just a general rant on the whole conformist thingy.

No worries. The whole argument can get a bit over the top anyway, because people like who they like, and nobody can really change their point of view by using stupid remarks.

For eg:- I like the Beatles, Stones, Led Zep and Pink Floyd. Does that mean I should be stereotyped as the typical headbanging 60s-lover dope smoking whatever? Because while I do like those bands, I can also admit to liking some new stuff, like Jet, Pink, Moby, Disturbed and Crash Test Dummies. So the whole conformist, non-conformist thing is just a smokescreen by people who never understand peoples' taste and don't want to make an effort to try.

eris

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2011, 09:59:26 PM »
Manson was a studio musician and recorded with NIN back in like 1990 years before his band recorded professionally. There is a lot of his early bands like Mrs Scabtree , and The Spooky Kids on youtube and random illegal MP3s but nothing but bootlegs exist of that stuff

here is something not too many people know about.

it's a cover of Gary Neumans Down in the Park. THis came out in the SLC era, on the Lunchbox single. so like 1994 ? Still early for him. It shows diversity.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:14:15 PM by eris »

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2011, 10:18:30 PM »
Manson was a studio musician and recorded with NIN back in like 1990 years before his band recorded professionally. There is a lot of his early bands like Mrs Scabtree , and The Spooky Kids on youtube and random illegal MP3s but nothing but bootlegs exist of that stuff

here is something not too many people know about.

it's a cover of Gary Neumans Down in the Park. THis came out in the SLC era, on the Lunchbox single. so like 1994 ? Still early for him. It shows diversity.

Actually sounds something like this

Disturbed - Down With The Sickness [Music Video]

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »
I don't like Marilyn Manson's music because it focuses too much on the vocals and imagery, while the instrumentation is just bland and generic. Of course, I could say the same exact thing about most corporate "musicians" these days. :orly:

But that's merely a correlation at the end of the day. You cannot argue with me about this. This is the way I really feel. Black Sabbath charted really highly during their prime and several songs off of their Paranoid album were featured in Guitar Hero. But I still consider them the best band to have ever played.

eris

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2011, 10:39:42 PM »
^^ All music is corporate. I also like some really popular bands and also unknown ones.  And taste is just opinion :) A lot of Black Metal also concentrates on voice, and you like that. I love all these new "core" bands with the hardcore punk influence. I know you said you might try Cattle Decapitation again. You should, there you can see the Deathcore influence on metal and why new music is sometimes good :)  IDK why you can consider Candelmass to be heaver than them. I can understand how you like them more because that is your personal opinion, but CD is brutal. I have noticed you like a lot of the heavy music but with singing. What a horrible thing to not scream.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2011, 10:45:44 PM »
^^ All music is corporate. I also like some really popular bands and also unknown ones.  And taste is just opinion :) A lot of Black Metal also concentrates on voice, and you like that. I love all these new "core" bands with the hardcore punk influence. I know you said you might try Cattle Decapitation again. You should, there you can see the Deathcore influence on metal and why new music is sometimes good :)  IDK why you can consider Candelmass to be heaver than them. I can understand how you like them more because that is your personal opinion, but CD is brutal. I have noticed you like a lot of the heavy music but with singing. What a horrible thing to not scream.

Not with the artists who play at our Lifesavers TMPAS groups on Every 2nd Thursday would say. Some have released CDs, but the money earned on the ones that are sold goes straight back to the artists. They may not be truying to make a living out of it, but the TMPAS group wants to make sure they get fun out of playing, and they don't get screwed by companies like EMI or Sony.

That's where I play with Urapun and some other artists when I'm here.

eris

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2011, 11:36:56 PM »

Not with the artists who play at our Lifesavers TMPAS groups on Every 2nd Thursday would say. Some have released CDs, but the money earned on the ones that are sold goes straight back to the artists. They may not be truying to make a living out of it, but the TMPAS group wants to make sure they get fun out of playing, and they don't get screwed by companies like EMI or Sony.

I mean, there is a company that owns the stage they plan on. Someone is paying them for the performance, and it might be a bar and it might be a stadium. Ultimately the machine owns the music and the ultimate decision are make only by the borgoise, and MTV. There are a lot of really great bands that only make enough money to pay for their tours.

It doesnt matter what level of success a band has reached if the music is inside them. Talent is sometimes rewarded sometimes not. I heard Jim Morrison was a real dick 8)

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2011, 11:53:57 PM »

I mean, there is a company that owns the stage they plan on. Someone is paying them for the performance, and it might be a bar and it might be a stadium. Ultimately the machine owns the music and the ultimate decision are make only by the borgoise, and MTV. There are a lot of really great bands that only make enough money to pay for their tours.

It doesnt matter what level of success a band has reached if the music is inside them. Talent is sometimes rewarded sometimes not. I heard Jim Morrison was a real dick 8)

Underground bands are NOT corporate. That's the entire point of underground, is to get away from all of the corporate fat cat taint that pervades everything you hear on the TV and radio. Also, about Cattle Defaggotation. That's not heavy or brutal at all, it's just puerile and vapid noise. Along with the deathcore bands you love so much. Go listen to some old school death metal, like Autopsy, Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, Sinister, etc. I like death metal growls and black metal screeching a lot. And maybe some hardcore screaming if it actually has some BALLS to it and not just some suburban faggoth emo boy.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2011, 11:56:24 PM »
Well there's an easy test to determine if they're corporate.

Pirate their music and if a company threaten to sue you then it's corporate. If not, they'll threaten to sue you personally. :toporly:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

eris

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2011, 11:59:09 PM »
And maybe some hardcore screaming if it actually has some BALLS to it and not just some suburban faggoth emo boy.

I never mentioned AFI ???

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2011, 12:01:41 AM »
Well there's an easy test to determine if they're corporate.

Pirate their music and if a company threaten to sue you then it's corporate. If not, they'll threaten to sue you personally. :toporly:

TMPAS ustream their shows live over the net. So anything played could easily be bootlegged. While the quality recorded may not be as good as a professional job, most of the musos there are glad for the puclicity. They probably would be pissed at people bootlegging, but I doubt they'd go as far as lawsuits and trying to do what Metallica did with Napstar. Plus some of the shows are open mic and it gives people a chance to show their talent.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:04:30 AM by Jimmy Hopkins »

eris

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2011, 12:05:11 AM »

Underground bands are NOT corporate. That's the entire point of underground, is to get away from all of the corporate fat cat taint that pervades everything you hear on the TV and radio.

Things such as this are not why people like it. And it is not the reason why people make music. Music can genuinley talk to me sometimes, and the tree in the yard talks to me too. Nevermind that. Underground music is still recorded and released, and the people that make money of those sales are not in the band.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:07:36 AM by eris »

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2011, 12:08:16 AM »

Underground bands are NOT corporate. That's the entire point of underground, is to get away from all of the corporate fat cat taint that pervades everything you hear on the TV and radio.

Things such as this are not the point behind  why people like it. And it is not the reason why people make music. Music can genuinley talk to me sometimes, and the tree in the yard talks to me too. Nevermind that. Underground music is still recorded and released, and the people that make money of those sales are not in the band.

People who like underground music usually don't care about mainstream music. That's what I meant.

P7PSP

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2011, 12:12:24 AM »
Offer them a multi million $ deal and see how long they stay NOT corporate FA. Money matters, it is the difference between getting bogged down in Rio Vista CA or bumfuck TN versus taking a week vacation in London. Which would you rather do?  :dunno:

eris

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2011, 12:13:42 AM »
Quote from: Stultus Saxum link=topic=18231.msg804056#msg804056

People who like underground music usually don't care about mainstream music. That's what I meant.
^^ GG Allin was actually a really big Nancy Sinatra fan :D

I can appreciate diversity in music and so can most people. Especially musicians. The underground bands are influenced by all kinds of music. I love underground music obviously but I dont let that fact dictate if I like them or not. And I dont let talent either. Christina Agulera can sing but I aint listening to her.