Author Topic: Ask Iamnotaparakeet a question  (Read 10062 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: Ask Iamnotaparakeet a question
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2011, 05:36:08 PM »
Water from springs and condensed water is far cleaner and have been available from time immemorial.

But a Golden Shower has far more protein and minerals. A little sprinkle from the angels would be quite fitting for you.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2011, 05:41:14 PM »
Water from springs and condensed water is far cleaner and have been available from time immemorial.

water from springs was not readily available for everyone. And I dont think anything can be cleaner than "sterile". So, pee is clean :)  Water from springs can spoil. Pee cant. You can actually clean and dress wounds with pee :)

Soldiers used to piss on their tinea to kill the wringworm fungus.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2011, 05:44:10 PM »
You blocked Squids nude female squid avater, and my animated bouncing boobs sig.
The only way that makes sense for me, is if you worry that they will lead you to impure thoughts.
Do you often have to fight against impure thoughts, and are you worried you might ever lose that fight?

Being male it is practically impossible for me not to notice the breasts of women, a fact not particular to me and is a reason why so many advertisements for anything, e.g. cars, laundry soap, shampoo, etc, often have women emphasizing the geometry of their upper torso. It is just a matter of that I know I shouldn't regard anyone's breasts other than my wife's and so I'm blocking what I ought not to see. It's not a matter of a struggle, it's a matter of should versus shouldn't, does that make sense now?

That just means you're a sick fuck, seeing boobs everywhere you go. Get your mind out of the gutter.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »
But I cant understand why you shouldnt see boobs. They are natural, and dont have to be sexual.
By trying so hard to avoid them, do you not just turn them into more of a forbidden fruit?

I see tons of male and female nudity on the net, and a bit in real life. Im at the stage where its no big deal for me now.

YUMMY!!

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2011, 08:43:44 PM »

Fine.

Have a shot at the story of Achan's sin. How do you personally feel about his own family also stoned to death for his own violation of God's commands?

Not interested in the "why they were punished" bit, but in how you yourself as a believer feel about this.

Why should how I feel about issues matter? One thing to consider is that back then the commandments were initially given and it would probably be that punishments were more severe so as to not allow disobedience to increase exponentially from the start of the laws being put into effect. Perhaps if his family turned him in or if they didn't know about his sin that they distanced themselves from him that they wouldn't also have been executed. As for my feelings, I wouldn't like hearing it in the news if it were today, however most people today are grocery-store carnivores who wouldn't be able to hunt for a living if they had to do so, myself included. If you really believe in all of the quintillions of years of evolution and all that stuff though, why would it even matter? If that is true than there has been more violence and death committed apart from humankind in excess by orders of magnitude. If such were to be true, than violence and suffering and death should be nothing surprising and not considered immoral. I doubt you would think in such a way, and neither do I, but if it were true than what would be wrong with killing, murder, genocide, destroying everything living everywhere? Anything said against such is merely arbitrary if such "natural history" is true and life is nothing more than the interactions of molecules.

The difference is that I make no moral justifications for the sufferings and deaths that occur in this natural world. It sucks that we live in such a shitty universe. Actually, it disturbs me when I think deeply about it.

Anyway, I got your answer. You do seem to feel some shittiness in such passages even if you're not willing to confess it completely.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
In other words, shit happens.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2011, 12:29:17 AM »
Sodom was supposed to predate Moses by a good few thousand years. Are you saying that Pharoah chased Moses into the desert within a month of Sodom getting blown to kingdom come? I know you Christards say 'a month is a long time', but really, this is stretching it to absolute lunacy.

Wandering the desert for 40 years....

Bet he wished he had a Satnav handy.

Offline VenatorDraconum

• Frequent Poster
  • iamnotaparakeet
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2011, 09:58:50 AM »
Sodom was supposed to predate Moses by a good few thousand years. Are you saying that Pharoah chased Moses into the desert within a month of Sodom getting blown to kingdom come? I know you Christards say 'a month is a long time', but really, this is stretching it to absolute lunacy.

Wandering the desert for 40 years....

Bet he wished he had a Satnav handy.

Am I saying that? No. Doesn't really matter what I say though does it? But to give you a better response than you deserve, the prophecy to Abraham about his descendants being in Egypt for 400 years and in Exodus it says 430 years. The destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah happened during Abraham's life, so in addition to time from that event until Jacob and his family moved into Egypt there are 430 years of time in Egypt. Not a single month.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2011, 10:04:26 AM »
Do you hold to the young earth theory that the earth is only about 6000 years old and stick to the literal translation on the bible???
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline VenatorDraconum

• Frequent Poster
  • iamnotaparakeet
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2011, 10:08:58 AM »
Do you hold to the young earth theory that the earth is only about 6000 years old and stick to the literal translation on the bible???

Literal translation?

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2011, 10:16:52 AM »
C'mon, you know what he meant. Literal interpretation.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2011, 10:18:36 AM »

Yes I mistyped
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline VenatorDraconum

• Frequent Poster
  • iamnotaparakeet
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2011, 10:21:34 AM »

Okay, but first everyone has to provide me with their checking account numbers, social security or whatever else. (Not seriously.)

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2011, 10:23:44 AM »

Okay, but first everyone has to provide me with their checking account numbers, social security or whatever else.

lol, don't be a smartass, dude. As a Christian, I thought you were supposed to take such questions seriously and make some effort to answer them so that we may be saved from the eternal pits of hell.

Or have you already counted us all as dogs and swine unworthy of your holy pearls?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2011, 10:35:51 AM »
Actually this is a serious religious question.
It centres around Judas.
Jesus knew his number was up. It was a given to him and he may have had some misgivings but it was ordained that he was going to be nailed to a cross and do the death and rebirth thing.
God needed this to happen to save the souls of the people for his son's sacrifice. (OK finer points by all means pick me up on but the basics are there)
Now this was all part of the plan and the greater scheme of things. Could Judas have acted any differently than he did or was he part of that ordained purpose. Was he actually geased into servitude of a greater force to act in a way he was condemned for and when he, in depression for what he did, suicided, then rounded on for this too?
Free will or God's will?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap