Author Topic: Ask Iamnotaparakeet a question  (Read 10011 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: Ask Iamnotaparakeet a question
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2011, 03:29:58 AM »
Ok. I'll start things off.

You mentioned that you were an investor on your WP profile. What do you invest in?

Silver. Not very much though, could only afford a couple troy ounces a year or so ago, but it's better to have something when the currency of your nation is decreasing in value.

Hi VenatorDraconum.

:welcome:

How much was your silver when you bought it?

I bought some at $16 an ounce a year or two ago or so but I can't remember exactly when it was.  I think that it was a good investment as a hedge against inflation.

I have one troy ounce from '95 which was $7 when bought back then and unfortunately recently (last March or so) I bought 2/3rds of a troy ounce when it was $35 per troy ounce (although at that time the increase in price per time was steep). It would have been better to buy a little bit more for the same amount of money back in 2010 rather than this year though, but that's just how things go. If nobody's noticed, I often speak in hyperbole of which the term "investor" was hyperbole. If I could ever afford to invest in stocks or mutual funds I would probably try those, along with CDs and Treasury notes, but like it's been said before it does take money to make money and it's difficult to save when necessities such as rent and gasoline take up most of the income.

I wonder what the yield was when you invested your 30 pieces for turning your mate in? Quite a tidy sum it would be by now.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2011, 03:34:41 AM »
And I certainly hope 'keet sticks around. Even if he is only here to read all the juicy hidden gossip.

I don't really want to hear any gossip, but this forum does seem a bit more active than WP even if I do need to use AdBlock more often.
What are you referring to? This place has no ads.

Anything I don't want to see. AdBlock disables images from showing, not ads specifically. It fails when the ads are adobe based, but works for any that are image based.

Must remind myself to filter out those annoying 700 Club ads, especially when I visit those sites. :rofl:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2011, 06:15:41 AM »
Can you put a caption to the following picture?

blah blah blah

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2011, 06:16:49 AM »
He got dick rolled.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2011, 06:56:08 AM »
Projectile cock slap?
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2011, 07:56:43 AM »
Why is it a closeted anti-gay christian extremeist nutcase gets more cock than I do?

This is not fair.  >:(
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2011, 08:05:07 AM »
Why is it a closeted anti-gay christian extremeist nutcase gets more cock than I do?

It's a universal rule, if you hate it, you get a lot more of it. :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »

Just for squid
blah blah blah

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2011, 09:22:46 AM »
Ragtime, parakeet and Quatermass. WP's answer to the father, son and the holy ghost.

When parakeet mentions being full of the spirit, it's really a case of Jack that he's talking about.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2011, 09:30:36 AM »
Can you put a caption to the following picture?

Saturday night

Offline VenatorDraconum

• Frequent Poster
  • iamnotaparakeet
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2011, 01:41:20 PM »
The information I was seeking was if anyone here knew anything about some overly knowledgeable PPR-newbies on WP, but apparently those newbies are either serious even though they write in the style of parody or they aren't but they're some new idiots who may be trying to harass me.

I play video games, namely Sword of the Stars, Halo, Killzone, C&C Red Alert, C&C Generals and Zero Hour, etc, primarily FPS and RTS. Strategy games are awesome.

Ok cheers for that and sorry can't help you as i know very little about WP.

Do you have a 'swear box'  and how much is currently in there?

No, I don't have a swearing box, so by default zero. I try not to swear.

eris

« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2011, 01:44:11 PM »
with watersports, do you like to be pissed on, or have others piss on you.

I like both, but there is just something about being pissed on that kinda brings out the animal in me.

what about you ?

Offline VenatorDraconum

• Frequent Poster
  • iamnotaparakeet
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2011, 01:54:19 PM »
Too many questions, i.e.: http://www.fallacyfiles.org/loadques.html

Edit: BTW, I believe you when you say that you aren't seeking to mock me, which is why I responded to you, however the questions you asked have way too much mixed up in them for me to properly answer.

Fine.

Have a shot at the story of Achan's sin. How do you personally feel about his own family also stoned to death for his own violation of God's commands?

Not interested in the "why they were punished" bit, but in how you yourself as a believer feel about this.

Why should how I feel about issues matter? One thing to consider is that back then the commandments were initially given and it would probably be that punishments were more severe so as to not allow disobedience to increase exponentially from the start of the laws being put into effect. Perhaps if his family turned him in or if they didn't know about his sin that they distanced themselves from him that they wouldn't also have been executed. As for my feelings, I wouldn't like hearing it in the news if it were today, however most people today are grocery-store carnivores who wouldn't be able to hunt for a living if they had to do so, myself included. If you really believe in all of the quintillions of years of evolution and all that stuff though, why would it even matter? If that is true than there has been more violence and death committed apart from humankind in excess by orders of magnitude. If such were to be true, than violence and suffering and death should be nothing surprising and not considered immoral. I doubt you would think in such a way, and neither do I, but if it were true than what would be wrong with killing, murder, genocide, destroying everything living everywhere? Anything said against such is merely arbitrary if such "natural history" is true and life is nothing more than the interactions of molecules.

eris

« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »
Is there anything in the bible against getting pissed on ?

This is a serious question, btw. Im curious.

Offline VenatorDraconum

• Frequent Poster
  • iamnotaparakeet
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2011, 02:03:17 PM »
Is there anything in the bible against getting pissed on ?

This is a serious question, btw. Im curious.

Not specifically, but that's just gross sounding. Probably would be counted as uncleanness.