Educational

Author Topic: dentistry aftermath  (Read 917 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Re: dentistry aftermath
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 10:12:02 AM »
i have to go back and get two more teeth pulled. but i'm waiting until i cant take the pain any longer, my teeth are always giving me shit! :laugh:

what exactly is oral surgury? because thats whats going to have to happen and i'm really not looking forward to  it at all.
:skywarp:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 10:44:54 AM »
I had oral surgery on Monday, so I'll tell you about that, but yours might be different from mine.  Mine was a crown lengthening, so I have enough tooth to have the right margins for a crown to be put on it because I had a cavity right at the level of my gums under the old crown. 

I drove myself in, then the assistant used some sort of gel on my gum to numb it.  Then the doctor gave me a couple of numbing injections that numbed the lower right side of my mouth and waited while those took effect.  While we were waiting, the assistant gave me my post operative instructions and the prescriptions for the pain medicine and the special germ-killing mouthwash that I needed to have filled after we were done. 

Then just before the doctor started the surgery, he gave me more injections around the tooth but I didn't feel those at all.  He cut my gums away from the tooth to expose the bone and used a scraper and a drill to remove some of the bone.  When he was done, he sewed the gums back with a long suture. 

I drove myself to the drugstore,then home.  I took a pain pill so it could start working before the numbing medicine wore off.  I felt like resting afterward, so I napped off and on for the rest of the day.  I use the mouthwash twice a day after I brush my other teeth, but I don't brush the teeth where the surgery was done. I will go back in two weeks so they can check and make sure the gums healed correctly.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »
omg, that sounds tramatic. I knew it wasnt going to be fun, but i guess its just like surgury.  :P
I have two wisdom teeth in the back that arnet fully out of my gum and ones laying sideways?
did you go to western dental? My last expieriance with them wasnt so pleasent.

i hope you feel better callaway. nothing is more painful than a sore tooth

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »
omg, that sounds tramatic. I knew it wasnt going to be fun, but i guess its just like surgury.  :P
I have two wisdom teeth in the back that arnet fully out of my gum and ones laying sideways?
did you go to western dental? My last expieriance with them wasnt so pleasent.

i hope you feel better callaway. nothing is more painful than a sore tooth

Thanks Richard.  No, I didn't use Western Dental.  They are a chain?

I had impacted wisdom teeth removed before too and the procedure for them was somewhat similar, but mine were completely below my gums.  I think that if yours are partially erupted it probably won't be so bad.  If the dentist can grasp them with his tool, he might be able to just pull them out with minimal cutting.  You will probably have the special mouthwash and the pain medicine afterward, though.  Don't brush the holes where the teeth came out, don't smoke(if you do smoke) and don't drink through a straw for two weeks.  You do not want to get a dry socket.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »
Yeah, there pretty much everywhere in the west i think. they were in arizona and are in california. so looks like they might be in colorado aswell. I also had the top wisdom teeth removed because they were impacted, but i dont remember having to go through oral surgury for that, these two are on the bottom. and i'll keep that in mind, i'm usually good at following instructions especially when i'm sick or had some medical procedure done

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 12:02:16 AM »
Why do I keep reading this thread as "dysentery aftermath" and get disturbing mental imagery of it?
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

P7PSP

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 12:12:24 AM »
Why do I keep reading this thread as "dysentery aftermath" and get disturbing mental imagery of it?
Eeewww! Fart with a fluid drive.  :zombiefuck:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 06:10:18 AM »
Western Dental sounds like something they would have here in Western Australia, heh.

That sounds like a painful experience, Callaway. I hope I never have to go through anything like that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 07:29:16 AM »
Western Dental sounds like something they would have here in Western Australia, heh.

That sounds like a painful experience, Callaway. I hope I never have to go through anything like that.

Thanks, renaeden.  I hope that you don't, either.  It was on the same tooth I had a root canal on before and my choices were to do this surgery to save the tooth or to have it pulled and have an implant, so I decided to do this.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2016, 04:48:01 PM »
  I have to have two tooth stumps removed before having braces put on.  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2016, 05:44:37 AM »
^Thankfully I didn't need any teeth removed before my braces, only my top two wisdom teeth were taken out at the same time as jaw surgery. And if they didn't tell me they did it, I wouldn't have known. Completely painless.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae