Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67513 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #1620 on: August 29, 2012, 10:45:10 AM »
Taking a break after feeding the kids.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1621 on: August 29, 2012, 04:57:50 PM »
About to roll a smoke. Listening to music (Disturbed-a knockoff copy a guy I used to chill with many years ago's mate did me of the 'believe' album), thinking of cooking up a shot of oxy, my last one is wearing off and I'm having trouble bending my arm :/ I'll add a couple of mg of a sedating antihistamine, chlorphenamine too, and probably some clonidine. Relax in bed for a while, then finally get some sleep.

At least the bite is responding to first-line antibiorics like erythromycin.

After of course, taking a last look at the pics I have saved of my stalker, on my HD. I do any time I feel crappy, just the sight of her is always enough to perk me up some. Truly, Never a finer lady walked this earth :)

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1622 on: August 30, 2012, 09:27:07 AM »
I'm.. ooh, the suspense.. peeling two potatoes at the moment. Going to boil them and then slice 'em up and fry them after that.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1623 on: August 30, 2012, 09:29:37 AM »
I'm.. ooh, the suspense.. peeling two potatoes at the moment. Going to boil them and then slice 'em up and fry them after that.

Mmmmm fried potatoes, what else are you going to have?  :drool:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1624 on: August 30, 2012, 09:36:55 AM »
A fairly simple dish.. a cutlet (pork) and red beet (salad) with some onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper through it. Piece of melon for dessert, I reckon.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1625 on: September 01, 2012, 06:25:59 AM »
Craving a piece of that Lutra style apple pie.

Well, admitting hic et nunc, it's not the best pie I've ever made. Made the dough myself this time (instead of using the premixed stuff out of the supermarket) and.. well, it differs.. (=less nice)

That calls for more attempts.  :viking: You will get the dough perfect, after a while, and better than the premixed stuff too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1626 on: September 02, 2012, 11:07:15 PM »
It should be obvious what I'm doing now.

Oh well. I'm posting. Dur. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1627 on: September 03, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »
Debating if its safe to have a shot or two of vodka. Theres barely any left in the bottle, but I took chlormethiazole earlier, as well as a fair bit of IV oxy, although I am tolerant to the latter, I won't use GABA agonist/PAM type drugs too regularly and have no tolerance to it at all, or very little, only been back on it for a month (works fucking brilliantly though), I am supposed to take 192mg/twice daily, but I find it better to use a little more, far less frequently. NOT a class of meds I am willing to build a tolerance to, even, let alone a physical dependency.

I'll have a bit, I think, but drink very slowly, and watch for any respiratory depression carefully, as alcohol vastly potentiates chlormethiazole, one drug extending the half life of the other. Its commonly used to detox alkies, but being similar in action to the barbiturates, its still a most effective anticonvulsant and a sleep aid that makes even the strongest of the benzos look like piss water in comparison. Melts plastic too lol. Before I insisted on it being dispensed from the pharmacy I get it from (very, very hard to get hold of now, many places don't stock it at all, the plastic bottles would go cloudy first, then the bottle caps fuse to the bottle itself in storage, and I have a couple of burns in my computer keyboard from leaving it out on there.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #1628 on: September 03, 2012, 03:34:01 PM »
Ashcroft v Iqbal, and it is kicking my ass.  For starters, the Supreme Court never says something with 10 words that it can say with 300.  Background for this case requires an intimate understanding of Bivens v 6 Unnamed Federal Agents and Bell Atlantic v Twombly and how these rulings affect Rule 8(a)(1) and 12(b)(6), moving to a "flexible plausibility standard" which obliges a pleader to amplify a claim with some factual allegations in those contexts where such amplification is needed to render the claim plausible.  Frankly, I think that this is a little much for opening the second week, especially as Ashcroft is only from 2008 and turns many years of jurisprudence on it's head.  A little chronological order would be appreciated here  :zombiefuck:

I know you Brits are on the Common Law system, how about you Scandinavians?  Common Law or Civil?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1629 on: September 03, 2012, 10:52:21 PM »
  I'm relaxing online before going to bed   :zzz:   to sleep as late as I like!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1630 on: September 03, 2012, 11:26:29 PM »
Posting.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1631 on: September 04, 2012, 02:37:16 AM »
Drying myself after the shower and getting ready to go to town  :viking:

TheoK

« Reply #1632 on: September 04, 2012, 06:05:15 AM »
Just came back from town  8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1633 on: September 04, 2012, 02:22:19 PM »
Trying to understand the MacBook keyboard layout. What have they done with the pipe character?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1634 on: September 04, 2012, 04:57:47 PM »
Ashcroft v Iqbal, and it is kicking my ass.  For starters, the Supreme Court never says something with 10 words that it can say with 300.  Background for this case requires an intimate understanding of Bivens v 6 Unnamed Federal Agents and Bell Atlantic v Twombly and how these rulings affect Rule 8(a)(1) and 12(b)(6), moving to a "flexible plausibility standard" which obliges a pleader to amplify a claim with some factual allegations in those contexts where such amplification is needed to render the claim plausible.  Frankly, I think that this is a little much for opening the second week, especially as Ashcroft is only from 2008 and turns many years of jurisprudence on it's head.  A little chronological order would be appreciated here  :zombiefuck:

I know you Brits are on the Common Law system, how about you Scandinavians?  Common Law or Civil?

AFAIK the majority of the united states and Great Britain are on Common Law.  Louisiana uses Napoleonic law which is quite similar to what the rest of the world uses.  It's quite handy since Louisiana lawyers get to go to lots of exotic cities like Paris, Hong Kong, etc. rather than Philidelphia, Tucson, etc. for seminars.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: