Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67506 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #1395 on: July 16, 2012, 03:15:39 PM »
Sorry, i meant how many driving lessons have you had?
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #1396 on: July 16, 2012, 03:16:20 PM »
Vodka is OK, but I prefer cognac or whisky, preferably Scotch single malt  8)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1397 on: July 16, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »
One, so far, in a manual. Switching to an automatic though.

And what am I doing? postwhoring here and on some clandestine chem forums while naked, aside from a metal ring in my lip and a steel spike in the same.

I HATE whisky, its disgusting. Got royally rat arsed as a kid on the stuff as it was all I could obtain, but never again.

Me? I prefer gin, vodka, aftershock, coconut white rum, or better yet, dark navy rum. Can't resist a nice double shot of lamb's navy rum.

I think I will finish this bottle of vodka, and get cooking a pizza, then pancakes to soak it all up  :mischief:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1398 on: July 16, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »
Sherry, Port and Rum Rule.  Oh, and Praline Liquer to soak raisins in for bread pudding.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1399 on: July 16, 2012, 04:49:21 PM »
I'm surprised I don't miss drinking because I loved a good white wine. I just sort of stopped because it didn't appeal to me anymore and it's been over a year now.  :dunno:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1400 on: July 16, 2012, 06:04:04 PM »
EWWW! I cannot stand wine at all. That smell makes me heave, and it all tastes awful. People go nuts about wine tasting, telling how they can taste all these different flavors in there, but to me, even supposedly good wines taste and smell like dilute aqueous acetic acid with mashed up grapes in it. Wine, all of it, no matter what variety or where it comes from, is one of the very, very, VERY few things that I find worse than pod tea. And I can get that down, knowing its for a purpose and just chug it down with my nose held...if I did that with wine, I would throw up.

I am not much of a drinker myself, although I do enjoy a nice cold beer or five on a hot day, or to wash down dinner...can't have a chilli without beer!
When I drink, I typically just buy the odd bottle of spirits, and finish it over a day or maybe save some for the next day, when I get paid, or if I am having a lot of trouble sleeping, and buy beer whenever I'm thirsty. But in general, I am not a heavy drinker. I prefer other things to alcohol:P

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1401 on: July 17, 2012, 03:06:00 AM »
Vodka is OK, but I prefer cognac or whisky, preferably Scotch single malt  8)

mmmm cognac is my preferred drink.
blah blah blah

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1402 on: July 17, 2012, 03:16:19 AM »
Gross. I don't know how people can drink that vile stuff. Not as bad as scotch, wine, or bacardi though.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1403 on: July 17, 2012, 08:32:51 AM »
I'm reading some hardware-chain folders/leaflets at the moment. Don't give a fart about folders in general but the ones about DIY products (and those of cons. electronics stores) I always look through.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1404 on: July 17, 2012, 09:15:28 AM »
Talking to the eldest about staying home alone while I run a quick errand. Not today, but just getting him used to the idea. On one hand he really wants to as his friends get to do it and he likes the independence. But on the other hand his nerves and the "what if" scenarios cause him to panic. Not something I want him to be forced into. Would rather he come to the conclusion that he's ready, on his own.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1405 on: July 17, 2012, 11:08:21 AM »
Talking to the eldest about staying home alone while I run a quick errand. Not today, but just getting him used to the idea. On one hand he really wants to as his friends get to do it and he likes the independence. But on the other hand his nerves and the "what if" scenarios cause him to panic. Not something I want him to be forced into. Would rather he come to the conclusion that he's ready, on his own.

I bought my daughter a book called something like, How to Survive Staying Home Alone and she read it long before we tried it.  I can't remember how old she was the first time we actually tried it, but she was quite a bit older than the "typical" age.  What helped her was for me to help her figure out what she could do for each of her "What if" scenarios.  She just told me that the worst one for her was "What if the refrigerator door shelf falls down and I can't put it back by myself?"  So we decided she could just put the stuff from the shelf into the refrigerator and I could fix the shelf when I got home.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1406 on: July 17, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »

I bought my daughter a book called something like, How to Survive Staying Home Alone and she read it long before we tried it.  I can't remember how old she was the first time we actually tried it, but she was quite a bit older than the "typical" age.  What helped her was for me to help her figure out what she could do for each of her "What if" scenarios.  She just told me that the worst one for her was "What if the refrigerator door shelf falls down and I can't put it back by myself?"  So we decided she could just put the stuff from the shelf into the refrigerator and I could fix the shelf when I got home.
So far we've done it in little bits. He stays home while I go get the mail (the mailbox is across the street) or if I go to the neighbours for something. A few weeks ago he stayed home while the little one and I went swimming next door. I told him that even though we're talking about it, doesn't mean he's ready for it yet and it's not something that has to be rushed and there's no need for anyone to put pressure on him, not even him putting it on himself. I'll have to check out that book. I think i found it online.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1407 on: July 17, 2012, 02:54:18 PM »
Watching Top Gear and drinking beer.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1408 on: July 17, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »
Uploading CD's to my iTunes. I have 70 CD's left to go. *music nirvana over here*

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1409 on: July 17, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »
Not listened to nirvana in ages...

Although I am thinking I might just slap Burned One's album on the CD player (one of the CDs she has released) Yes, I mean the member here.