Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67491 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #1155 on: May 23, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »
Listening to music while posting and thinking about what to do.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #1156 on: May 23, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »
Drinking beer/  :2thumbsup:
:skywarp:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1157 on: May 23, 2012, 07:16:32 PM »
Contemplating if I'm going to foster a pregnant cat. I've never had to deal with a cat giving birth before. Could be interesting.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1158 on: May 23, 2012, 09:47:11 PM »
Drinking coffee while trying to wake up.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1159 on: May 24, 2012, 02:55:29 AM »
Contemplating if I'm going to foster a pregnant cat. I've never had to deal with a cat giving birth before. Could be interesting.

They do it all by themselves.  :laugh:

We once took a cat in that could not move with it's owner. We took it unseen. When it got delivered at our house, there was the surprise, the critter was on the brink of giving birth. Two nights later, she escaped. She did not like the garage she was put in, with the load of boxes and nice nesting material. (she was a fully outdoor cat) and decided to give birth in the stable of the neighbours, and then come back to us for food.

Took us some time to get her to accept that we wanted her kiddies with us. But, after two more days she gave up her attempts to hoist her kittens back to the hay-stable of the neighbours. And decided to really settle with us.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1160 on: May 24, 2012, 07:06:25 AM »

They do it all by themselves.  :laugh:

We once took a cat in that could not move with it's owner. We took it unseen. When it got delivered at our house, there was the surprise, the critter was on the brink of giving birth. Two nights later, she escaped. She did not like the garage she was put in, with the load of boxes and nice nesting material. (she was a fully outdoor cat) and decided to give birth in the stable of the neighbours, and then come back to us for food.

Took us some time to get her to accept that we wanted her kiddies with us. But, after two more days she gave up her attempts to hoist her kittens back to the hay-stable of the neighbours. And decided to really settle with us.

Well I know that :laugh:

But if i feed her certain things I can make her milk healthier and that will fatten up her kittens and give them a better chance at survival. And not all cats are naturally good mothers. I dealt with a cat who would only tend to her male babies but kept attacking the females. So the girl babies had to be bottle fed but she nursed her boys without an issue. So I'm overthinking it all and contemplating all the various outcomes and what I may be getting myself into :P
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

midlifeaspie

« Reply #1161 on: May 24, 2012, 09:00:10 AM »

It's pretty easy stuff, she does most of the work for you :)  Just make sure she doesn't do anything dumb if she is a first time mother.  Make sure she breaks the amniotic sac open fairly quickly, and doesn't chew the umbilical cord off too close to the body.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1162 on: May 24, 2012, 09:06:06 AM »
 My former landlady fostered many animals in need, but I don't recall any births
 happening in the house.  I'll bet you will do fine if you take in this mama cat. :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

midlifeaspie

« Reply #1163 on: May 24, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »
Also, if the litter is more than 3 (and it usually is) stop her from eating the placentas after the third one if you have the chance.  More than that and she will probably get diarrhea and a tummy ache.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1164 on: May 24, 2012, 09:18:02 AM »
I'm going to get the aspie cat who doesn't know WTF she's doing. I know it. :laugh:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #1165 on: May 24, 2012, 09:29:43 AM »
I'm going to get the aspie cat who doesn't know WTF she's doing. I know it. :laugh:

Just keep an eye on her then.  :)

If she pushes for more than 30 minutes without a kitten coming out, or it has been more than a 2 hours since the last kitten and you know there is another one in there still, that's when you need to get her to a vet.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1166 on: May 24, 2012, 10:29:26 AM »

Just keep an eye on her then.  :)

If she pushes for more than 30 minutes without a kitten coming out, or it has been more than a 2 hours since the last kitten and you know there is another one in there still, that's when you need to get her to a vet.

okay well step one is to trap her (she's currently a semi-feral in my best friends backyard) and then we'll determine is she's preggo or just fat. If she's preggo and she comes to my place, you're my go to resource :laugh:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1167 on: May 24, 2012, 02:37:01 PM »
Relaxing
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1168 on: May 24, 2012, 02:44:16 PM »
We had a stray cat give birth to three lovely kittens under our sauna when i was a kid. She was was very aggressive if we came anywhere near her, at first, but she quickly changed her mind when we brought her milk.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #1169 on: May 24, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »
We had a stray cat give birth to three lovely kittens under our sauna when i was a kid. She was was very aggressive if we came anywhere near her, at first, but she quickly changed her mind when we brought her milk.

Interesting fact:  cats are lactose intolerant.  :P