Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67508 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #4650 on: May 13, 2022, 05:29:22 PM »
reflecting on the fact that my birthday is in two days, and I don't have friends at all to go celebrate with.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4651 on: May 13, 2022, 09:30:36 PM »
It used to be called Coke Zero here but it's now Coke No Sugar. Lame. Only thing is, it does taste better now. They changed the recipe.

I'm in bed looking at Intensity on my Kindle.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4652 on: May 14, 2022, 05:45:21 PM »
It used to be called Coke Zero here but it's now Coke No Sugar. Lame. Only thing is, it does taste better now. They changed the recipe.

I'm in bed looking at Intensity on my Kindle.

They changed the label here but kept the term zero, but it does now specifically say zero sugar. I once read they were changing the marketing because they did a survey and the vast majority of people didn't know coke zero products were sugar free. I read they were also changing the recipe, but I'm not really sure if they did that here. I may not drink it often enough to tell the difference.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4653 on: May 14, 2022, 08:46:15 PM »
Yeah, I heard here the same thing about Coke Zero. But what did people think was Zero? Whenever a friend of mine saw me drink Coke Zero, she'd say it was full of sugar no matter what I said otherwise.

Someone at work said to me that Coca-Cola was going to change the name from Coke No Sugar to Coke Zero Sugar.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4654 on: May 14, 2022, 09:03:19 PM »
Listening to a Mongolian Throat Singing Metal band called the HU on YouTube:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4655 on: May 14, 2022, 09:08:52 PM »
Yeah, I heard here the same thing about Coke Zero. But what did people think was Zero? Whenever a friend of mine saw me drink Coke Zero, she'd say it was full of sugar no matter what I said otherwise.

Someone at work said to me that Coca-Cola was going to change the name from Coke No Sugar to Coke Zero Sugar.

I'm not sure they thought anything was zero, they probably just didn't know what it means and didn't care to know. Soda companies do weird things that don't often stick around. I remember years ago coke and pepsi made their sodas clear. I don't think I even tried them. Lately I've been noticing coke products that say starlight on them. I don't know what starlight means, and thus far I don't care to know either.  :lol1:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4656 on: May 15, 2022, 08:54:47 AM »
Listening to a Mongolian Throat Singing Metal band called the HU on YouTube:

Fucking awesome, aren't they?

I had them on a looped playlist for a few days. They are coming to town in October. I can't wait!
I find it fascinating how they have adapted some western musical functions and maintained their Mongolian roots.

In many ways The Hu remind me of a band I once worked with made up of about twelve or so, it varied, American Indian people. They were Cheyenne and had a very driving tribal sound of mostly deep drums, flutes (big ones, like five and six feet long), percussive sounds and blood curdling chants, sung in rounds, for vocals plus some electric strings. They played Metal!
Their music would literally bring tears to your eyes and make your heart pound in your chest, it was SO powerful you would gasp at times.
They said they do not "play" music. "This is real to us and we only do this for people."

I asked what the name of the band was, they said that you can not name us. We are People.

So, people called them People. Never found any youtube stuff or recordings. They are People. Metal people! Probably have to go back to the Oklahoma rodeo circuit to find them.
They made their hard core metal music in front of a few thousand cowboys and the crowd was silent.

It is always very inspiring to encounter Indians who have kept what it is to be an  "Indian"  through to these modern days and even talking to them, you realize how truly unique their culture really is.
They are not us.

Just had to add that last bit.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 05:42:59 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4657 on: May 15, 2022, 10:20:06 AM »
Planning my next repurposing of found objects project.  Found some scrap wood pieces laying on the side of the road and now it's time to see what I can do with them.  A small deck table might just be the thing.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4658 on: May 15, 2022, 05:53:00 PM »
Managed to cobble together all the wood into a nice sturdy deck table.  Needed to tweak a few thing to finish, but, it's sturdy and solid.  Used a slab of slate as the table surface, one with an indentation that resembles a human foot.  I found it years ago at a dump store and have carried it with me ever since, awaiting a proper use for it.  So it's a table top where I have placed a ceramic black bear on top, with a mini bear at it's foot (the Black Bear is my spirit animal) and the deer antler that I also found in my woodland travels.  It is rough and crude, not unlike me  :laugh: 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4659 on: May 24, 2022, 09:24:00 AM »
posting here. Duh. :P

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4660 on: May 26, 2022, 07:37:55 PM »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4661 on: May 28, 2022, 05:48:55 AM »
I just woke up, so I'm having a warm drink and vegging on the interwebs while the first loads of laundry are running. I love laundry day morning. I have no pressure to get moving so I can totally be lazy, yet I'm still so productive and busy because the washer and dryer are running.  :zoinks:

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4662 on: May 29, 2022, 11:22:12 AM »
Eating a roast dinner.   Lamb.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4663 on: June 02, 2022, 01:33:37 PM »
Drinking a beer while posting here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4664 on: June 02, 2022, 06:05:03 PM »
Sitting at the computer posting here, while waiting for the zostrix cream to do its job and keep my joint pain down.