Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67493 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #4575 on: July 16, 2020, 09:09:55 AM »

Readying for a lunch, I ordered delivery from the Wok And Roll restaurant. Great food, lots of choices, heavy quantities (guaranteed leftovers) and they ROLL!
:woohoo:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4576 on: July 16, 2020, 11:31:10 AM »
Enjoying a bowl full of hot fresh picked green beans with butter and salt.  YUM  8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4577 on: July 16, 2020, 02:16:50 PM »
Just ordered a :pizza:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4578 on: July 16, 2020, 07:20:48 PM »
After an IBS attack waiting for my clothes to finish drying.   >:(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4579 on: July 16, 2020, 10:43:23 PM »
Looking over my monitor at my completed kitchen painting. Just spent all morning removing all the damn masking tape.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4580 on: July 17, 2020, 08:00:07 AM »
Waking up from a great nap, coffee in hand.

Why? What's up?

Currently waiting for dinner to finish cooking. Italian sausage and roasted potatoes and bell peppers.

It was one of my dead days. I have not posted much about that lately. Kind of slowed down about my sensory issues after MUCH reading here realizing that so many people have  troubling days they are still trying to identify or find a way past it.

Roasted potatoes sounds great. What time should I be there?

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4581 on: July 17, 2020, 08:08:39 AM »
Waking up from a great nap, coffee in hand.

Why? What's up?

Currently waiting for dinner to finish cooking. Italian sausage and roasted potatoes and bell peppers.

It was one of my dead days. I have not posted much about that lately. Kind of slowed down about my sensory issues after MUCH reading here realizing that so many people have  troubling days they are still trying to identify or find a way past it.

Roasted potatoes sounds great. What time should I be there?
Sensory overload days are bloody exhausting. I've had them back to back for most of quarantine and would really like to crawl out of my body.

Roasted potatoes - pretty sure I could live off of them. Roasted veggies is probably my absolute favourite food at the moment. So of course I'll have it near daily for ages until I'm sick of it and I become obsessed with some other type of food.  :nerdy:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4582 on: July 17, 2020, 08:10:23 AM »
Looking over my monitor at my completed kitchen painting. Just spent all morning removing all the damn masking tape.
Damn! That'a a big job.

Welll done!
 :worship:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4583 on: July 17, 2020, 09:36:04 AM »
To be honest I should be going faster. I'm already 2 weeks into my 6 weeks off. I should have more done by now.
The kitchen was more just tedious with little patches of wall everywhere between the cabinets.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4584 on: July 17, 2020, 12:17:30 PM »
Feeling relieved that I terminated a yellow jacket with extreme prejudice.  Amber has a bee sting allergy and this little bastard snuck inside and proceeded to vanish from my sight.  I left a note on her closed bedroom door to warn her since I had to leave.  She saw the note and immediately grabbed her epi-pen.  I came back and saw it on the living room window........BAM.  Fly swatter did it's work.  Bumblebees are one thing, trap and release.  Amber was also relieved. 

Yellow Jackets are the A'holes of the insect world.   :roar:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4585 on: July 17, 2020, 12:50:39 PM »
Just got home. My 2 hour trip took 4 hours due to traffic  :thumbdn:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4586 on: July 17, 2020, 01:49:50 PM »
To be honest I should be going faster. I'm already 2 weeks into my 6 weeks off. I should have more done by now.
The kitchen was more just tedious with little patches of wall everywhere between the cabinets.
Kitchens can be a real bitch to freshen up. Any amount of painting is demanding, but kitchens are on another level. It's the nooks and crannies.

Just don't put too much pressure on yourself to be productive every minute on your leave. A little rest and a reasonable project pace should be part of the plan.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4587 on: July 17, 2020, 02:23:53 PM »
Kitchens can be a real bitch to freshen up. Any amount of painting is demanding, but kitchens are on another level. It's the nooks and crannies.

Just don't put too much pressure on yourself to be productive every minute on your leave. A little rest and a reasonable project pace should be part of the plan.
Yes, DD speaks some good truth. Try and find some balance.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4588 on: July 17, 2020, 11:13:06 PM »
Just finished reinstating some venetians after painting the window frames.
One old blind that I also cleaned, and one one new one that I had to get the drill for. I bought it months ago.
The new blind is significantly whiter than the old blind but it was still the closest match to creamy white I could get.
And it's about 30cm too long but I don't want to screw up trying to shorten it.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4589 on: July 18, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »
Catching up on posts here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein