Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67477 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #4275 on: June 23, 2018, 09:28:47 PM »
Aww.

I hope you've been getting enough sleep yourself 'raxy. Got you in my thoughts, hoping you'll get some good quality rest soon. You deserve it. And the wolfcub deserves you, too.

When do you reckon you'll spot it if he's going to be one of us in the future? (given our species are likely to spot each other long before any bugger in a white coat and a tendency to wrongfully use the the words 'suffering from' ever would), wee devil certainly has a fine pedigree :)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #4276 on: June 24, 2018, 08:35:33 AM »
Icing my back. Watching Star vs. The Forces of Evil.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4277 on: June 24, 2018, 10:28:28 PM »
Aww.

I hope you've been getting enough sleep yourself 'raxy. Got you in my thoughts, hoping you'll get some good quality rest soon. You deserve it. And the wolfcub deserves you, too.

When do you reckon you'll spot it if he's going to be one of us in the future? (given our species are likely to spot each other long before any bugger in a white coat and a tendency to wrongfully use the the words 'suffering from' ever would), wee devil certainly has a fine pedigree :)

Not really, to be honest. Have been feeling wiped out during the day but then when I finally manage to get the cub down for a nap and I'm lying down beside him, I can't sleep. Cancelled a social thing today because I didn't feel up to it, though admittedly I wasn't the first one to cancel. There were a group of people supposed to be coming over for crafting, and two said they couldn't make it, and I told the last one that we should postpone, because it's really draining to socialize one-on-one. For me, groups are easier because I don't have to carry 50% of a conversation.

Anyway. Maybe by one year old? It's interesting because I go to a mom's group where there is an 11-month-old boy and he was rocking, and later hiding under a small table to play. His mother was telling him not to rock, but she didn't mention anything about autism and it made me wonder whether she was even aware that rocking was considered a symptom of it, or whether she thought it was just a toddler quirk.

The cub is too little to even sit up on his own, though. Too soon to tell.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4278 on: June 24, 2018, 11:10:00 PM »
Hehehe, looks like that kid is spesh, that does kinda at least hint he might be.

Of course the your little hexenwulfen is too young now, but he'll get there. I don't doubt it given the quality of his bloodline, and the good mom he is lucky enough to have.

Pretty wiped out myself after a minor seizure, that I had no meds left to treat, as I'm due to pick them up again in a few hours. Thankfully, I had the idea of trying to use the H I had, as in the past, it has seemed a LOT like when I take  the oxy I have for breakthrough pain, when its been one of those times sleeping isn't safe without treatment, and I don't want to take a benzo, if I've used those several times too recently relative to the seizure, and it seems like the oxy, or morphine for my joint pain and bursitis has itself stopped them. It was all I had, and as a last ditch effort, tried toking up from a foil, with my hands struggling to hold it steady with the myoclonic jerking and twitching, or to get a tube into my mouth, use a lighter, etc.

Amazingly it seems to have actually worked! Nothing else I could try available with it being the last few two hours before I'm due to pick up my refill, have taken everything, at least, everything that I take daily rather than as needed, and the as needed stuff is all stomach trouble meds for the most part, nothing I could use to treat a seizure. More or less the moment I first inhaled a cloud of the H vapour, the myoclonic twitching just stopped, cut off in mid attack as if a switch had been thrown and a circuit breaker cut out on the seizure.

I think I'll keep at least a little around, pre-melted and spotted onto foil strips, for those times where the seizures happen, and I'm at least semi-mobile, pre-melted so it can't just be thrown into the air as powder or chunks  and end up wasted (it melts before vaporizing, as the freebase, and turns from tan blocks and powder to a dark resinous consistency and sticks like melted plastic to the foil, so can't be thrown away, well, could drop the foil, but if pre-prepared as emergency seizure treatment), but always pick it, or another up.

Not typical antiseizure measures, but not entirely unexpected or illogical, considering opioids generally decrease excitatory tone across the brain, and a seizure is basically a hyperexcitable state which permits an electrical storm to rage across the brain or part of it (grand mal vs partial seizures/focal seizures)

But without a shadow of a doubt, effective. I'm going to try reexposing myself to my usual trigger, sleep, or coming out of it that is,  now I've smoked an average modest dose, and see if it prevents further ones, since when I sleep again if I dare, once I have had one of them, they come repeatedly with emerging from sleep being a trigger; and see what happens. Just went for one more toke, and while around the vicinity, went to check on a solvent extraction that has been magnetically stirring away for a while, mixing the liquid containing the freebase form of the alkaloid to be extracted, after addition of some sodium hydroxide/caustic solution enough to bring it to about PH 11-12 then setting the stirrer up to produce a whirlpool-esque vortex in it, after addition of some toluene to take up what I want from it, afterwards, I'll reextract with more toluene, after using a little glass addition funnel to pour it all into a separatory funnel and drain out the liquid being extracted in portions into a big glass beaker temporarily, whilst I separate the toluene layer off in bits (theres about 2 liters, and its more than my biggest sep funnel, after the 2 liter one I had broke, can't afford a replacement yet) but will do it in 2 stages, easy enough, before adding more toluene and thoroughly mixing, repeating, repeating once more, before pooling the tolly, washing it with saturated brine, dessicant, before distilling it off and after taking it up in THF (similar to ether) add ice cold acetone to the minimal volume of THF, a technique called dual-solvent recrystallization, where one dissolves the thing to be purified in a solvent, miscible with another solvent it is insoluble in. Adding the miscible solvent which doesn't dissolve the thing to be recrystallizes dilutes the solvent used to dissolve it, used in a small volume, and forces the rapid precipitation of the product being crystallized.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4279 on: June 25, 2018, 01:50:18 PM »
Trying to work from homel
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4280 on: June 25, 2018, 11:26:57 PM »
Sitting on my bed browsing the internet. Can't help but hear Mollie's really loud purr.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4281 on: June 26, 2018, 05:36:01 AM »
Train from DC to Baltimore. Just left Union Station.

Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4282 on: June 26, 2018, 11:29:04 PM »
Trying to work from homel

That's what I do.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4283 on: June 30, 2018, 09:17:58 PM »
Fall asleep?
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4284 on: July 01, 2018, 10:39:32 AM »
Coffee
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4285 on: July 01, 2018, 10:49:17 PM »
Trying to wake up.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4286 on: July 02, 2018, 07:58:03 AM »
Wanting to go to sleep.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4287 on: July 02, 2018, 08:43:42 AM »
Waiting to start the day.  Coffee near by, computer chore under way.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4288 on: July 02, 2018, 12:43:38 PM »
Posting here while thinking about what to pack for my trip tomorrow.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4289 on: July 03, 2018, 09:09:20 AM »
Pondering, on what to do when I've gone to the shops, bought myself some cold beer and soft drinks and hydrated, because I need to in this infernal twatting heatwave out of the three choices I have, after I've had a cigar as well.