Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67496 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #4260 on: June 20, 2018, 08:16:07 AM »
Never played fallout-shelter, but have played I, II and fallout-tactics, I LOVE that series. Funny as fuck deadpan humour, and things like the kill shot animations when scoring criticals with the various different weapons is funny too, such as say, with a sniper rifle, shotgun blast etc. the target making a loud squishy noise, as their  torso explodes and ends up as about a third of a torso; or the way a laser weapon slices  the enemy in half, miniguns/autocannons etc. just riddle their headless body with shells leaving their spines poking out where their neck used to be, flamethrowers leaving them running around flailing before burning to ashes, or funniest of all, the way plasma weapons literally melt enemies flesh right off their bones, leaving a pile of goo on the floor, before their skeleton crumbles and falls apart into the goo pile.

And the comments in the combat analyses are funny, say, get attacked by wolves, blast one into the next millenium with a point blank range shotgun shell to the eyes and 'dog went to the great kennel in the sky', and other such amusing one-liners.

I might start up my game of fallout tactics again after I've finished performing my chemistry tasks for the moment.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4261 on: June 20, 2018, 02:12:45 PM »
Browsing this place.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #4262 on: June 20, 2018, 05:55:41 PM »
Contemplating refrigeration school.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4263 on: June 20, 2018, 06:08:35 PM »
Why do you want to take prenatal classes for neurotypical parents? when's the baby due? :autism:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4264 on: June 20, 2018, 06:22:17 PM »
  Posting here, listening to Wolfmother, strategizing my painting.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:24:07 PM by "couldbecousin" »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4265 on: June 20, 2018, 07:06:46 PM »
  Posting here, listening to Wolfmother, strategizing my painting.

You go girl!!!

You should see the artwork my son did for for Father's Day. I was the artistic parent who drew and played music, but I never had the patience to do the detail he can do now at almost 15. It was a drawing of The Police, with each face in intricate detail and then coloring from the album Synchronicity highlighting each member. Just brilliant. He has been doing these amazing collages like this of pop culture stuff, like bands, horror movie villains, Princess Bride, STAR WARS (my birthday last year), and so many others. I get envious, because I still want to do artwork and play music, but my left hand is almost useless at this point with little dexterity left.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4266 on: June 20, 2018, 07:46:56 PM »
Trying to chill after working on the fridge for a few hours. Hands all sliced up. Back super sore and aggravated. Laying on ice pack and watching Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4267 on: June 20, 2018, 10:15:08 PM »
Never played fallout-shelter, but have played I, II and fallout-tactics
It's available on PC and smart phone as well as the Switch. An addictive game, given how much Kayleigh's been playing it.

I thought Fallout 4 was pretty good.

Fallout 76, which is out in November, will be an online game.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4268 on: June 21, 2018, 12:42:02 PM »
On a train, on my way back home.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4269 on: June 21, 2018, 06:41:26 PM »
Laying naked on the couch and watching The Simpsons. I was hot, so...
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4270 on: June 23, 2018, 11:40:04 AM »
I haven't yet downloaded fallout IV, but I will, along with fallout III, once I've finished playing tactics, quite looking forward to them, as well as new vegas, once I'm done with tactics.

Got tactics via bittorrent, I did have a copy on another machine, but the HD failed and I lost it. Love bittorrent, as long as one scans everything for malware, its great. Although I've yet to find any in any of the games I've downloaded. Takes a while for something as big as fallout tactics (about 4.something gig, IIRC, but quite a neat idea, with every host donating a portion, to them, insignificant, of their bandwidth to uploading each item of software they choose to host, and the download being split between every host, so that no one uploader suffers their bandwidth being shit on, en masse, from all the available uploaders, that tiny bit counts, downloading separate parts at a time on the receiving end, sticking them all together and then you get your download. Might even deter people from trying it on with malware, given the portionwise download system, since it raises the likelihood of the nasty-ware being incomplete, and half a virus is as good as no virus. Granted well-coded viruses, done in ASM can be very compact, but I should imagine its still possible.

I need to re-download doom III as well, unless I saved it to my external 2 terabyte HD, rather than my main OS drive, I haven't looked yet. LOVED doom III, that was one hell of a game for atmosphere, they played it off to the max with the dark, grim atmosphere, where you can hardly see, without a torch, and if your carrying that, then you have to pull a weapon instead when some hellspawned horror or possessed, mutated, fucked up example of something that used to be human and is now more tentacle and face-eating bits jumps out at you and tries to eat you/rip you to bits/blow your head off. One of the few games that could reliably make me really start, when it decided to let out one of its surprises to play.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4271 on: June 23, 2018, 02:18:55 PM »
Slowly recovering from horribly bad football on the telly.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4272 on: June 23, 2018, 08:20:07 PM »
Watching Guardians Of The Galaxy.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4273 on: June 23, 2018, 08:39:14 PM »
As opposed to what kind of football exactly? its only even attention-drawing when and because it gets downright appalling. I remember three things about football:

Its played in teams.

A ball is kicked into goals.

So are the faces of the opposing team members if some cunt thinks nobody will catch them stamping on their opponent's face. (not joking either, its one of the few memorable things about it, not in a good way either, stamping on opposition player's heads, sometimes repeatedly, kicking them in god knows what other bits and where god wishes he didn't)

That and one other thing. A forced outing to a football game in my first spesh school, which actually turned out, unlike others of their kind forced on us, where everybody started chanting 'REFEREES A WANKER! REFEREES A WANKER! REFEREES A WANKER!' to the mortification of the teachers and classroom assistants, just the way they had to sit there and put up with it was funny enough. And then it just degenerated into a howling, screaming, hooting tirade of abuse.  No idea what he did, I wasn't paying the least attention, just waiting for this so called 'treat' to be over, wanting nothing better than either to be at home, or better, in the company of a certain LFA chick with one hell of a...well...if cute was a bodily organ, she'd be born with three of 'em. And for some reason, both uncanny, and good, she hasn't aged a second since I left the school, seen her since, looks, sounds, moves, everything, its like experiencing a psychic flashback, meeting her. A damn fine one, but still, its kinda...you look..look away a moment, blink as you look back, rub your eyes and think 'fuck ME...how in the...' before even your inner voice fails you completely. Weird as hell. I'd LOVE to study her in the lab, or, rather, cell lines, genetics, the girl herself, I'd just love to take out to dinner and hook up with, since I had a HUGE thing for her in school, and after meeting up with her again a few years back, found I still do. Not that it surprised me that I did, but the near complete lack of aging, I've seen young-remaining autie (girls, almost exclusively, which at least would tell me where to look first, in case its X-linked) folk before, and that would be my ideal study group, but I've never, ever seen the likes of this girl before, not even close, aside from her brother, the one guy I know of that has shown the phenomenon.

If I could bottle that, insert it into a CRISPr-CaS9 vector.....oh damn. I'd be rich as hell. Well, we would, since of course, I'd cut her in the profits. Even better if it'd turn someone classic autie along with it. Who wouldn't want to go to sleep 30something and wake up 12 and autie. Or if not 30, then 70 etc. Human reset button, with added Kanner's autie. Now try and tell me THAT wouldn't make the inventor so rich, he would have £100 notes printed and made into bog roll, if he were a vulgar bastard, at least. (I personally couldn't stand to be seen dead with the likes, well, the money, I'd be glad of, but I sure wouldn't do something so NTishly ostentatious. It'd be the polar opposite. Wake up NT and with the looks of an cider-swilling cheap curry-bloated chav :spazz:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4274 on: June 23, 2018, 09:13:01 PM »
Waiting for the little one to fall asleep.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.