Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67484 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #3945 on: May 16, 2017, 01:51:57 PM »
Waiting for the yeast to get active. About to make pizza dough.
In the mean time posting, and admiring readfurred guy from next door honouring us with a visit.

NICE!

It was, both the unexpected visit from the very laidback feline from nextdoor as the pizza.

Lazy meal, pizza. I make the dough, and everyone dresses it up the way they like. There will be different cheeses, olives, a spiced tomato dressing, fresh thyme, basil and marjoran, mushrooms, red onion, capers, spinach at least. Sometimes more stuff.

My daughter always ends up with a cheese bomb, filled with loads of olives, a single mushrooms and a hint of spinach.
Mine has more veggies and less cheese.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #3946 on: May 16, 2017, 02:18:10 PM »
Well, it's better than what most people say when they make pizza: "I bought the base and I added toppings".

:facepalm2:

I honestly don't care if that's what people do, but when they get excited about how they made a pizza, as if they really did create it, I just never get it.
:dog:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3947 on: May 16, 2017, 02:32:01 PM »
Well, it's better than what most people say when they make pizza: "I bought the base and I added toppings".

:facepalm2:

I honestly don't care if that's what people do, but when they get excited about how they made a pizza, as if they really did create it, I just never get it.

My father used to make his own pizza crust on occasion.  It took hours, but it was delicious.  :pizza:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3948 on: May 16, 2017, 06:53:01 PM »
Just finished feeding the monkeys and contemplating my meal plan for next week.

Monkeys?
You have monkeys?

... or is "feeding the monkeys" another euphemism I have not yet encountered.
It's how I refer to my kids when I post about them. Monkeyboy and Monkeygirl, collectively the monkeys. ;)

Although sometimes I think feeding real monkeys in the wild would be an easier job. :laugh:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3949 on: May 17, 2017, 01:12:26 PM »

Probably right.

I often misjudge how hungry they are and cook way too much or the opposite can also happen.  "Oh, I'm not hungry."  So I make a small portion for everyone and they lick it all up before I even get myself served.
I wish the "monkeys" had a little gauge on their foreheads that would actually tell me how hungry they are so that I can figure out how much food to prepare for them.
 :thumbup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3950 on: May 18, 2017, 05:55:26 AM »

Probably right.

I often misjudge how hungry they are and cook way too much or the opposite can also happen.  "Oh, I'm not hungry."  So I make a small portion for everyone and they lick it all up before I even get myself served.
I wish the "monkeys" had a little gauge on their foreheads that would actually tell me how hungry they are so that I can figure out how much food to prepare for them.
 :thumbup:
So true!!! And it always seems to happen when I cook a meal, fully expecting leftovers because one night a week in my meal planning has a night of leftovers to give me a break from cooking, and then there never is.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3951 on: May 21, 2017, 10:42:25 AM »
Hey have you got a recipe you can share hyke for the 'cheese bomb' version? thats just how I love mine. Haven't made a pizza in years, last time I did it was someone else that knew how to do it. And I LOVE olives on mine, by the jar full. I'll angle for as many as I can weasel out of the cooks. Same in subway, meatballs, three cheeses, 5 lots of each cheese extra, then saturation-bombing with olives until there isn't space left for it to do anything but ooze.

I like my pizzas either really thin, crispy with lots of cheese, or better, pretty doughy, filled with enough cheese to starve a third  world nation peopled solely by cows to death. And then stuffed to the gills with pepperoni, olives and wild mushrooms (I go out hunting for the last myself so I tend to have far more delicacies available than could be bought in the UK)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:52:11 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3952 on: May 21, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »
Comforting and saying, "I told you so," to The PR.  She's been reported for the umpteenth time on Facebook.  I keep telling her she shouldn't have any more than 6 friends, that the rest of the 165 (literally) people aren't friends.  And yes, I have access to her account.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3953 on: May 21, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »
THAT, is why I don't DO facebook. I ignore and delete about 17-18 out of 20 emails and rarely check my email addresses. I only really use one of them to pay on ebay for things.

If she wants my email though she can have it (through PM to you/her) though. I just don't do facebook, its full of morons. Got pestered into making an account once. So I made it to shut them up, then never logged in, not once.

What am I doing...eating the last of a treacle sandwich and getting ready to build a ketene lamp.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3954 on: May 21, 2017, 02:53:20 PM »
Hey have you got a recipe you can share hyke for the 'cheese bomb' version? thats just how I love mine. Haven't made a pizza in years, last time I did it was someone else that knew how to do it. And I LOVE olives on mine, by the jar full. I'll angle for as many as I can weasel out of the cooks. Same in subway, meatballs, three cheeses, 5 lots of each cheese extra, then saturation-bombing with olives until there isn't space left for it to do anything but ooze.

I like my pizzas either really thin, crispy with lots of cheese, or better, pretty doughy, filled with enough cheese to starve a third  world nation peopled solely by cows to death. And then stuffed to the gills with pepperoni, olives and wild mushrooms (I go out hunting for the last myself so I tend to have far more delicacies available than could be bought in the UK)

I only have a very basic recipe for the dough.  That  is, I have a set ratio between the amount of water and salt. (depending on the size of a small spoon of mine)
Salt goes through flower. Yeast gets mixed in the lukewarm water. Amount of yeast depends on how much time it will have to rise. Sometimes I add a little bit of sugar to the water yeast mixture to get the yeast going.
Mixing it all up. Adding more flower till the consistency is right.  Then it is time to rise. Could be from 30 minutes to 12 hours. 30 minutes in a warm place, 12 hours in the fridge.
After rising, kneading the dough again, adding a bit of oliveoil. And then the shaping and building of the pizza begins. Just add what you want.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 02:55:36 PM by 'andersom' »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3955 on: May 21, 2017, 03:08:07 PM »
THAT, is why I don't DO facebook. I ignore and delete about 17-18 out of 20 emails and rarely check my email addresses. I only really use one of them to pay on ebay for things.

If she wants my email though she can have it (through PM to you/her) though. I just don't do facebook, its full of morons. Got pestered into making an account once. So I made it to shut them up, then never logged in, not once.

What am I doing...eating the last of a treacle sandwich and getting ready to build a ketene lamp.

In New Orleans during the Depression a popular treat was a bit of a chocolate bar on a slice of french bread.  The chocolate was a luxury and lasted longer that way.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3956 on: May 21, 2017, 03:12:01 PM »
  Letting my leg recover from the work day so I can begin schlepping the laundry down two flights.  :P

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3957 on: May 21, 2017, 06:09:13 PM »
  Letting my leg recover from the work day so I can begin schlepping the laundry down two flights.  :P

Be adventuresome.  Toss it out the window. 

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3958 on: May 21, 2017, 06:10:55 PM »

I'd still have to schlepp myself down two flights to get it into the laundry room.  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3959 on: May 22, 2017, 12:15:29 AM »

I'd still have to schlepp myself down two flights to get it into the laundry room.  :laugh:
Be adventuresome.
 :fly:
 :trollskull: