Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67510 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #3840 on: January 17, 2017, 06:45:11 AM »
  Listening to Prince while suffering hot flashes.  :melt:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3841 on: January 17, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
Just fixed a bug. Now doing as little as possible.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3842 on: January 18, 2017, 03:04:03 AM »
Have you tried wild yam as a supplement CBC (genus Discorea)? it contains compounds called phytooestrogens, which mimic the action of human oestrogen. This should help prevent hot flashes. Failing that, as long as you do not suffer either from bradycardia that is clinically significant, or hypotension (clinically significant low blood pressure), you might try clonidine, brand name catapres amongst others. It acts as an alpha2 adrenoreceptor agonist, diminishing the levels of noradrenaline release by the bodys sympathetic branch of the nervous system, that part responsible for fight or flight response, amongst many other processes, and including heating the body. Paracetamol could also help by lowering the set temperature point controlled by the hypothalamus within your leetle grey cells.

And I am gearing up to start carving a mold and pack it with some albeit somewhat expermental organic polymer-bound fine silver particles. The idea being, pack it, once I rehydrate it, I only have a little, and its been open to the air for a while, in any case I can if needs be smelt the silver out as metal and pour it in, after cutting the mold in compressed casting sand blocks, let it cool then do any drilling work after, using a stencil drawn with a combination of ruler and freehand.

I want to make a little something for the lass who is being moved to a different area from my coverage area, who is currently my social worker. She's really a sweet woman, and I like her, shes good people. And I daresay, rather sexy too. Then once its cast, and any crap sanded and filed away, electroplate it in palladium, one of the platinum-group metals, since I have some palladium chloride at hand, which is generally speaking, intended for preparing catalysts for use as reducing agents in combination with pressurized hydrogen gas, via catalytic hydrogenation.

And a silver chain, a fine one I have, will go into that and hopefully, round that pretty little neck of hers. Its intended for an xmas gift, since she said she hadn't anything truly special gift wise, just spent hers with family. So I am going to make her something. I'd have set it with a small sapphire stone too, but since I got raided, two fucking stones have gone missing. Only found my gem setting pliers again recently, I still have the mounting for one of the two stones, but the 8.5 carat deep blue burmese sapphire that I had is GONE. as has the smaller, 3.5-5mm wide one. I think the filth stole them, since they were in cases, the cases are still where they were, well one in a case the other in a little stiff plastic pouch, and the stones disappeared after that last raid.

I'd have set that smaller stone into the base of the necklace I'm about to make her once I've checked a few forum updates, seen if someone has yet sent some of my reagents.

Wish I could remember the recipe for the matrix, but it worked quite well when fresh, I've never tried rehydrating it. But I'd got the silver base, in fine dust form, bound with a minimal quantity of a flexible organic polymer, that can simply be pressed into a mold cut into a suitable matrix, and then one simply takes a torch to the mold, burning away the polymer fraction and the silver, being so fine, sinters and you get your finished piece, let it cool, before doing whatever hand tooling is needed for it.

I am SO angry about the two sapphires going missing. Pigs had NO right to take something like that, and especially not fucking declare it as seized even. Just gone without trace. My guess is that they pocketed them for themselves during the search, thought oh, lets not just damage and rampage through Lestat's precious lab, and fuck with his equipment, lets take his precious things if we can get away with it to line our trough with more expensive swill and donuts. Fucking bastards I hope they die of something awful, slow and painful. And I hope they suffer in the process the bleeding bastard cunting shits.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3843 on: January 18, 2017, 07:17:07 AM »
 No wonder you call them filth, stealing from you like that. >:(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3844 on: January 18, 2017, 11:11:44 AM »
I've found lots of things have just gone missing like that. Even things of no value, that seem to be what would hamper my efforts in the lab on purpose, like the other day, I found my magnetic stirbars all gone. Not difficult to make some more rather than buy more, but little fucking cockroaches. God damn if they ever push me to my breaking point. I may not be a monster, but they wouldn't be able to handle the backlash if they did.

Or finding  my damn mercury thermometer and IR one both gone missing and having for ages to rely on borrowing my old man's thermocouple probe plugged into a multimeter or his IR thermometer, after he saw the one I'd bought and got one himself. Damage done and definitely due to the fucking sons of gutter-shitten pigfucking whores and yet 'no damage' declared on the search form. How about taking my fucking room apart and grabbing the bin, tossing the contents all over my bed and over the cunting floor.

Filth? the comparison is an affront to dirt and ordure. If I were a lump of festering dog excrement, and got compared to a fucking copper, may they contract the vilest of diseases, suffer and die shrieking, I would pack up my blowflies and quit stinking in protest.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3845 on: January 18, 2017, 06:49:30 PM »
  Eating spaghetti  :fsm:  and drinking orange juice! :oranna:

It's OK, I took my omeprazole.  I may shrink in the night, but my esophagus will survive.  :P

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3846 on: January 19, 2017, 01:31:41 AM »
Avoiding work. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3847 on: January 19, 2017, 05:27:15 AM »
Avoiding work. :P

That's enough of that!  Get back to work!   :chores: :police:

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3848 on: January 20, 2017, 04:58:42 AM »
Evaporating the solvent from a solution of something, in preparation for using it to prepare something else, that has been sitting there for about 24-30 hours extracting, carefully decanting part, and the last traces extracted by means of adding additional solvent (just water in this case since I didn't want to dissolve the matrix being extracted with it) and letting it soak and stew for a while longer then using a syringe with a cigarette filter (I lack currently any micron-sized micropore filters that can be fitted on a syringe. Got a couple of ultrafilters that are meant for blocking passage of pretty much everything right down to viruses, but I won't waste those for something like removing things in general filtration, and besides, they are way, way too big to fit on a syringe, even the huge 60ml ones I use for dispensing and withdrawing things that won't ruin the seals or eat the plastic, the connections are intended for gas filtration systems that need to be particulate and particularly, organism free. So I am not going to use  that, when careful use of a 1ml insulin type syringe and cigarette filter, with only the very tip dipped in the shallow traces of remaining liquid and the syringe needle point buried shallowly in the end furthest away from the liquid surface, will filter finely enough, especially considering the product will be going through filter paper on a buchner funnel equipped with a fine glass frit inbuilt filter (which I hate having to clean. If something gets trapped in the frits its a nuisance and a half to cleanse, and it can take aggressive cleaning, such as preliminary treatment with boiling hot 98% sulfuric to char anything organic to carbon, then treatment once again with piranha acid (concentrated hydrogen peroxide and strong sulfuric mixture, its dangerous, very dangerous if there are residues of organics, hence a preliminary conc.H2SO4 wash to burn those to ashes of inorganic carbon to avoid...well....a lot of flying glass fragments and searing acid being thrown around the place, but either piranha bath (peroxymonosulfuric acid) or chromic acid (a dichromate or chromium trioxide dissolved in concentrated H2SO4) both can be used, although the chromic acid does have one disadvantage, in that its no good for cleaning NMR machine tubes. But since nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy is way WAY beyond my price range, anyway, that doesn't matter. The problem is the chromium residue interferes with the NMR signal  due to its being paramagnetic) But for cleaning crap out of frits, and crap off other items that resist cleaning with great persistence, it works well indeed)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3849 on: January 20, 2017, 06:03:03 AM »
  Gearing up mentally for a day of hard work in the kitchen!  :fatchef:

People forget.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #3850 on: January 20, 2017, 07:35:57 AM »
^ Don't tell me they're still hungry!
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3851 on: January 20, 2017, 08:09:46 AM »
Checking on some evaporating morphine sulfate solution (in H2O) thats been evaporating using a countercurrent flow induced in a small beaker by means of a hairdryer with the heat not quite off but as low as it will go, just warm air, to serve as a kind of atmospheric pressure rotavap. Every now and then checking on it until ready for...what it will be ready for.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3852 on: January 23, 2017, 01:50:13 PM »

They're always hungry!  We keep feeding them and they keep expecting more!   :GA:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3853 on: January 23, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »

They're always hungry!  We keep feeding them and they keep expecting more!   :GA:

They're like cats.  Feed them once and you never get rid of them.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3854 on: January 27, 2017, 04:38:03 PM »
I'm home alone and I don't know what to do first.