Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67490 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #3285 on: May 25, 2014, 02:57:58 AM »
Waiting for the old man to finish his bowel movement. He's been in there for over an hour. I keep knocking and checking on him...he seems fine...just really constipated I guess. Probably his pain meds...

Poor guy...well...I guess I will just keep waiting.

We have a thread for that. :M

One that you might want to print out for later reference. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3286 on: May 25, 2014, 02:27:39 PM »
CBC-No worries, its healed already.

Its been there a few years now, ever since a bit of a mishap involving an electrolysis cell for electrolyzing sodium hydroxide (NaOH/caustic soda/lye)

At the time, of course I was wearing body protection (old leather jacket was quite enough to give me time to remove it, and clean off any spilled/splattered caustic before damaging the albeit scrap-grade jacket suitable for lab work, and WAY before it would have chance to burn through to my flesh below.

The problem occurred when two things failed at once. One being the power supply itself that I was using to push current through the electrolytic cell (basically a refractory clay pot, later experimented with steel which can withstand boiling hot, fused molten caustic lye with two metal electrodes attached via soldered-on wires going to the power supply.)

Power supply shorted out, at the exact moment that the sodding tank of argon gas (to provide a continuous flow of inert gas to protect the evolved sodium metal) ran out. I have a flow regulator, but not a pressure gauge for the type of smallish, portable and disposable welding gas tanks I use for such things.

Result? big lake of molten metallic Na, sat on its arse in a bath of molten sodium hydroxide, inert gas goes, power supply overloads, melting its wires. Next thing I register going on is a sudden lack of hissing from the argon feed, a loud kkKKRACKK! noise, and a blob of molten Na metal, covered in fused caustic blasted itself RIGHT up my bloody nose. Burnt a right deep crater in one nostril, flew up there dead on target and hit the fucking well bullseye, straight up my right nostril.

Whence it proceeded to ignite, explode, leaving more caustic soda behind up my poor hooter to burn yet deeper into my mucous membrane and nasal septum.

Left a tiny polyp there once the actual crater healed over, wasn't painful once all had healed, but the sensory aspect of it being there was so fucking well annoying, so it had to go eventually. So I figured bugger it, I've had enough of it being there and feeling 'not right', so I eventually bit the bullet (and not, this time, the molten sodium hydroxide and molten balls of pyrophoric/minorly explosive alkali metal), made a batch of para-aminobenzoic acid n-propyl ester (a simple, quick and easy to synthesize if needs be analog of the local anaesthetic benzocaine , where a 3-carbon chain n-propyl ester replaces the ethyl ester found in benzocaine itself.)

Dabbed a little of that onto the outgrowth of tissue to numb the surrounding area temporarily, then took a pair of long-nosed electrician's wirecutters after giving them a quick sterilization in alcohol. Forced the nostril wider in front of a mirror using a haemostat, after a few tries, got a grip on the little sod with the nippers, and, well, nipped it off :P

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3287 on: May 25, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »
4:20

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3288 on: May 26, 2014, 02:31:52 AM »
Realising I am probably not related to CBC or SG.

Yet you are connected to us ... to SG because you are both farm animals, and to me because we are buddies.  :hug:

Look at these relatives of SG and me, that I found leafing through old farm photobooks:

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #3289 on: May 26, 2014, 07:38:02 AM »
Realising I am probably not related to CBC or SG.

Yet you are connected to us ... to SG because you are both farm animals, and to me because we are buddies.  :hug:

Look at these relatives of SG and me, that I found leafing through old farm photobooks:

They're multiplying. :GA:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3290 on: May 27, 2014, 01:48:04 AM »
Procrastinating, finding excuses to avoid thorough housekeeping. Taking an extended break after a fairly easy morning.

But, coffee has been enjoyed, gingerbreadmen have been eaten, cycling has happened, time to get active in the house.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3291 on: May 27, 2014, 09:57:44 AM »
Just got my prescription refills, so just shot up somewhere ASAP, soon as I got home.

Been really sleepy since yesterday even without meds. Had an experience trying the cathinone (beta-ketoamphetamines/phenethylamines) version of 2C-B.

Hit me HARD, complete ego-death. Mentally quite something amazing, although it seems to  have had a pretty rough body load.

Right now? going to pop a bit of oxy, then walk to the shops. Right now I am CRAVING some nice bit juicy melons for some reason. Bought a watermelon the other day and just finished that. On the beta-C=O-2C-B the taste, juicyness, sensory aspects, everything, that melon was just what I needed on the recovery-phase after my trip. And I am still craving melons something fierce, and some cans of bubblegum-flavoured pop.

MEEEELLLLOOOONNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I want melons, and I NEED THEM NOW!   

Gods-dammit, I need fucking melons, and I need them yesterday !
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3292 on: May 27, 2014, 01:09:29 PM »
Just got my prescription refills, so just shot up somewhere ASAP, soon as I got home.

Been really sleepy since yesterday even without meds. Had an experience trying the cathinone (beta-ketoamphetamines/phenethylamines) version of 2C-B.

Hit me HARD, complete ego-death. Mentally quite something amazing, although it seems to  have had a pretty rough body load.

Right now? going to pop a bit of oxy, then walk to the shops. Right now I am CRAVING some nice bit juicy melons for some reason. Bought a watermelon the other day and just finished that. On the beta-C=O-2C-B the taste, juicyness, sensory aspects, everything, that melon was just what I needed on the recovery-phase after my trip. And I am still craving melons something fierce, and some cans of bubblegum-flavoured pop.

:bounce:

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #3293 on: May 27, 2014, 02:03:59 PM »

I thought you didn't like melons....maybe I am remembering someone else. They can be quite close to cucumbers...
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3294 on: May 27, 2014, 02:13:56 PM »

I thought you didn't like melons....maybe I am remembering someone else. They can be quite close to cucumbers...

I think you mean vegetables.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3295 on: May 27, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »

Lestat did give a non flattering comment on horned melons, the other week. All other melons, as far as he tasted them, are fine.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #3296 on: May 27, 2014, 03:05:19 PM »

Lestat did give a non flattering comment on horned melons, the other week. All other melons, as far as he tasted them, are fine.

It is surprising...because sometimes I dislike melons when they taste too close to cucumbers. Many times they do not...but I find melons to be the russian roulette of produce...esp when they are not organic and naturally ripened.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3297 on: May 27, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »
Attempting to become a human being again.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3298 on: May 27, 2014, 07:18:05 PM »

It is surprising...because sometimes I dislike melons when they taste too close to cucumbers. Many times they do not...but I find melons to be the russian roulette of produce...esp when they are not organic and naturally ripened.

You don't like firm melons? :angel:

Attempting to become a human being again.

It's too much trouble. :GA:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3299 on: May 27, 2014, 07:48:32 PM »
      Hardening the fuck up!   :fuckyeahdance:

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"