Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67483 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #3255 on: May 17, 2014, 01:08:44 PM »
  What tends to happen on these evenings is that after dinner and the movie, somebody gets the idea
  to turn it into a game night, and out comes the Trivial Pursuit and the whole thing can drag on till midnight.  So now
  my brother is saying he doesn't know how long it will be, and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to opt out or not.
  I don't want to offend anyone beforehand but neither do I want to spoil the evening by getting quiet and withdrawn
  as I tend to do when I've been out too long and am tired of the socializing.  I have to decide what to do.  :duh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #3256 on: May 17, 2014, 01:16:24 PM »
  What tends to happen on these evenings is that after dinner and the movie, somebody gets the idea
  to turn it into a game night, and out comes the Trivial Pursuit and the whole thing can drag on till midnight.  So now
  my brother is saying he doesn't know how long it will be, and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to opt out or not.
  I don't want to offend anyone beforehand but neither do I want to spoil the evening by getting quiet and withdrawn
  as I tend to do when I've been out too long and am tired of the socializing.  I have to decide what to do.  :duh:

Don't worry about spoiling the night...they might not even pull out a game. If you want to go, do it and IF they want to play...I don't see why they would mind if you were quiet. But, if you really don't want to go, no one is putting a gun to your head-- right?

I hope you have a good evening whatever your plans are. :) If I were there I could rescue you with my horse!
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3257 on: May 17, 2014, 06:18:01 PM »
posting

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3258 on: May 18, 2014, 12:48:31 AM »
  I'm getting mentally ready for an evening out with my brother and a couple of friends.  Originally
  I assumed we'd be out of there in 4 hours.  Now it turns out we'll be staying no longer than seven hours.   :GA:
  I would not have wanted to go had I known, but I'm going to make the best of it and then I'll post about it later tonight.

Have fun CBC  :cbc:

What will you guys be doing?

Dinner and a movie.  If I'm still going.  Brother and I are having some confusing text conversations about it now.  :tard:

???

What's going on?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3259 on: May 18, 2014, 12:49:48 AM »

Don't worry about spoiling the night...they might not even pull out a game. If you want to go, do it and IF they want to play...I don't see why they would mind if you were quiet. But, if you really don't want to go, no one is putting a gun to your head-- right?

I hope you have a good evening whatever your plans are. :) If I were there I could rescue you with my horse!

Putting a gun to MY head would be about the only way to get me to play Trivial Pursuit. :orly:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3260 on: May 18, 2014, 08:35:13 AM »

Can you bow out after the movie and make your own way home?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3261 on: May 18, 2014, 11:04:55 AM »

Thank you!  Fortunately it worked out OK, with walking and a movie after dinner.  :)

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3262 on: May 18, 2014, 11:07:13 AM »
  I'm getting mentally ready for an evening out with my brother and a couple of friends.  Originally
  I assumed we'd be out of there in 4 hours.  Now it turns out we'll be staying no longer than seven hours.   :GA:
  I would not have wanted to go had I known, but I'm going to make the best of it and then I'll post about it later tonight.

Have fun CBC  :cbc:

What will you guys be doing?

Dinner and a movie.  If I'm still going.  Brother and I are having some confusing text conversations about it now.  :tard:

???

What's going on?

I expressed concern about how long the evening would be, he assumed I was declining the invitation,
  I was surprised that he would assume such a thing, but I was sort of thinking about declining,
  but I didn't want to be rude, so I decided to go, but I confused him as to my intentions because I am/we are   :asthing:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3263 on: May 18, 2014, 11:09:59 AM »

Fortunately, after the movie ended (at almost 11 p.m.), we all said goodnight and headed to our homes.
  But since I don't drive and the friend's house was so far from home, I was kind of stuck, dependent on my brother to drive.
  I really ought to get a license and a car.  Our friend has some suggestions for me about how to get help doing this.  :apondering:

People forget.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3264 on: May 18, 2014, 01:47:40 PM »

Fortunately, after the movie ended (at almost 11 p.m.), we all said goodnight and headed to our homes.
  But since I don't drive and the friend's house was so far from home, I was kind of stuck, dependent on my brother to drive.
  I really ought to get a license and a car.  Our friend has some suggestions for me about how to get help doing this.  :apondering:

Perhaps your friend can teach you to drive. Early sunday morning in an empty parking lot is the safest place to start (says my father).

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3265 on: May 18, 2014, 11:06:28 PM »
Posting.

- Albert Einstein

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3266 on: May 19, 2014, 06:56:22 PM »
stimming happily while I post

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3267 on: May 19, 2014, 09:30:05 PM »
humming the Rains of Castamere

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3268 on: May 20, 2014, 05:31:18 AM »
reading posts and posting this

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3269 on: May 20, 2014, 09:42:11 AM »
  Gearing up mentally to go to work.  Hoping we win the lottery tonight, finally!  :crossed:

People forget.