Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 229999 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13980 on: May 05, 2018, 08:48:00 PM »
  Cable box is failing ... sound cutting out, picture breaking into pixels.  Need a new one.  :tv:

Try replacing the cable first.

Yes check that first it may even just be  a loose connection.

Those coax connectors always loosen up after awhile, I was always changing them when we had dish.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13981 on: May 06, 2018, 02:19:31 AM »
I hate it when stuff just disappears in this household.  >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13982 on: May 06, 2018, 02:28:35 AM »
I keep running out of money every fortnight. To the extent that I don't have any for nearly a week. Kayleigh is in the same boat so I can't sponge off her. Just have to sit at home, not go out anywhere, especially the shops.

Also, having really horrible stomach cramps.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 03:29:44 AM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13983 on: May 07, 2018, 05:52:33 AM »
I really need to buy new cat litter :zombiefuck:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13984 on: May 07, 2018, 12:26:45 PM »
Too sodding HOT here. I'm scorching here. Just the perfect sort of day to have to deal with volatile nasty corrosive things and toxic gases. Going to have to do without a labcoat too, since I wear a leather  trench (I prefer it to a cotton labcoat, as fibers  can act as a wick, and draw things toward the skin, whilst leather won't, and being much thicker, provides  a barrier through which anything unpleasant would have to take the time to burn through before it has  the opportunity to penetrate far enough to contact skin.)

But in this heat, there is just no fucking way, I'd  cook alive, even at night.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13985 on: May 07, 2018, 11:18:19 PM »
Stupid dog couldn't sleep so we couldn't, either. >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13986 on: May 07, 2018, 11:23:03 PM »
Now I am a person who plays his music loud and, trust me, I can really play my music very loudly when I am inclined. And occasionally, I am so inclined.

Tonight was one of those times. Was not really any where near as loudly as I have had it in the past. But, I had a complaint about my music being too loud.

So, for the sixth time in my life, the police came to my door to ask me to turn it down.

Weird thing is that just as they pulled up and turned on their lights, my son was just arriving home after walking the dog and after them basically arresting him and halting his approach to the house, holding him and the dog while they knocked on the door - now I have a very hyper-active vestibular and pressure sense, It is very difficult to approach me without me knowing. Even when my wife comes home at Four AM while I am sound asleep, The pressure differential from opening a door wakes me up. So one step onto my porch is enough for me to sense, even inside even when I am "shaking the floor" with my music.

My son had already told the cops that It's OK, It's my dad playing the Beatles. That's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."  I'll tell him it's too loud. It's OK.
That is when they stopped him and put him under arrest, because he was a bit adamant as to how he could handle things on his own.  All this happened outside before the second cop placed a foot upon my porch. Of course, I sensed this and paused the music instantly and went to the door, only to find a cop with a bad attitude and a view of my son being detained.

As any decent dad would do, I bolted out the door to confront the cop holding my son. What is going on? The cop holding my son has his hand on his baton, but it is not yet drawn. The cop I had just brushed past was yelling at me to HALT and when I turned around he had his hand on his 9MM service weapon.
I fucking screamed something like WHAT DID HE DO!!?? WHY IS HE BEING HELD!!??

They said that they were not holding him until he interfered with a police investigation. We are here to investigate a complaint about loud music. 

It took me a second or two or three to get my head around that. I said that the music is off; release him! He wouldn't. I just told them that he is a nineteen year old boy who has never dealt with a cop since one of you guys came to his school to tell all the kids how nice you all are!!
LET HIM GO!! The music is off!

My son was terrified! The cop let him go, finally. I asked who complained. Cop could not tell me (probably true). I told them that I know all my neighbors and they know they can ask me any time to turn things down or whatever. He would not tell me. I just asked the cops if all was settled. Yup. silence is good and I went to knock on my closest neighbor's  door when the cops stopped me again, told me he could not allow me to do that.
I just said that they were my neighbors and we all know each other. I can visit my neighbor if I want.

Sir! SIR! I can not allow you to assault your neighbors!!
About that time my neighbor's wife walks out, ignoring the cops an says, "Mr (DD) what's going on here?" I told her I wanted to apologize if my music was too loud.
She just said that she had never heard a thing.
Finally the cops went away and I was able to find out who called the cops. Across the street and four doors down (those houses are too close together) they thought it was some guy with an obnoxious stereo parked outside, being an asshole.
Oops.

Anyway, the funny part of all this, after I was settled that my son was not being arrested, is that all but one of the six times I have had someone call the cops on me for playing my music too loud I was playing something by The Beatles. The other time I was playing Jimi Hendrix. What is it with "straights" and the oppression of good sixties music!!??!!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13987 on: May 07, 2018, 11:28:34 PM »
The Beatles can never be played too loud. :orly:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13988 on: May 08, 2018, 01:43:32 AM »
What the FUCK does that coprophagous, snot-nosed sack of pus and fermenting garbage think he's doing, pulling a  gun on an unarmed kid, offering no more threat than walking his fucking dog?

That cryptorchid, mindless donut-scoffing porcine bucket of  stale piss needs to put it right up one of the holes in his snout and pull the  fucking trigger, the dirty, slimy piece of shite. I hope he gets raped by cancer and consigned  to an eternity in a hell where, Sisyphus-like, he is condemned until the moment time itself comes to an end, to push a boulder up a hill, only to have it roll back down, crushing him flat a few steps before reaching the top.

Only unlike Sisyphus, deserving although HE may have been, this pig's rock  wouldn't be made of stone, but a gigantic trapezohedron-shaped block (all the harder to roll) wrought from every turd he ever shat, is shitting, or will shit during  both his lifetime, and his punishment in the  bowels  of Tartarus.  The kind of turd with a coating of stinking bloodied mucus diarrhea, but mostly rock hard lumps  with sharp bits in it, the corrosive post-cheap-curry type of rancid shartings only otherwise beshitten by those dying of typhoid fever.  And every god-damn turd (including himself and  his family) beshitten post mortem in hades.

Fucking jizm-gargling ratmasturbating piece of cunting bastardly fuck-cheese.

WHAT a DICK! jesus fucking christ on a bloody unicycle....I can't believe It was  intelligent enough to both rant and stand on both feet at the same time without overloading his prefrontal cortex and suffering (we can but hope) a fatal seizure.

Pork should NOT be allowed any form of weapon FFS. It makes them too likely to ponce about acting the big hard man and shove their own inherent inferiorities down people's throats to compensate for  having been born with a Y  chromosome and something  more resembling a misshapen  clitoris with a hole in the middle (lets face it, if you aren't a moronic, vile, uppity little cunt with a bloody big gob and a pencil-dick of inverse proportions who is in desperate need of an attitude adjustment in the face with a  garden fork covered in molten  caustic potash, and  who is venial,  greedy, vicious and cowardly as the day is long and as  thick as frozen dog crap; then you're going to fail pig academy 101-how to grow a donut-belly and a really, really shit attitude totally unbecoming even of the  most humongous cunt known to science, and how to wave that in the face of people  who  are doing no wrong.

With extra credit for technique on planting evidence and  weaseling  your way into getting away with bald-faced theft.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13989 on: May 08, 2018, 07:42:54 AM »
There's a catch with the free NBN modem from Iprimus? Of course there's a catch with the free NBN modem from Iprimus; I have to waste my lunch hour battling  through heavy traffic to get to the courier depot to pick it up!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13990 on: May 08, 2018, 11:17:29 PM »
I want to go back to sleep.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13991 on: May 09, 2018, 11:08:32 AM »
Now I am a person who plays his music loud and, trust me, I can really play my music very loudly when I am inclined. And occasionally, I am so inclined.

Tonight was one of those times. Was not really any where near as loudly as I have had it in the past. But, I had a complaint about my music being too loud.

So, for the sixth time in my life, the police came to my door to ask me to turn it down.

Weird thing is that just as they pulled up and turned on their lights, my son was just arriving home after walking the dog and after them basically arresting him and halting his approach to the house, holding him and the dog while they knocked on the door - now I have a very hyper-active vestibular and pressure sense, It is very difficult to approach me without me knowing. Even when my wife comes home at Four AM while I am sound asleep, The pressure differential from opening a door wakes me up. So one step onto my porch is enough for me to sense, even inside even when I am "shaking the floor" with my music.

My son had already told the cops that It's OK, It's my dad playing the Beatles. That's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."  I'll tell him it's too loud. It's OK.
That is when they stopped him and put him under arrest, because he was a bit adamant as to how he could handle things on his own.  All this happened outside before the second cop placed a foot upon my porch. Of course, I sensed this and paused the music instantly and went to the door, only to find a cop with a bad attitude and a view of my son being detained.

As any decent dad would do, I bolted out the door to confront the cop holding my son. What is going on? The cop holding my son has his hand on his baton, but it is not yet drawn. The cop I had just brushed past was yelling at me to HALT and when I turned around he had his hand on his 9MM service weapon.
I fucking screamed something like WHAT DID HE DO!!?? WHY IS HE BEING HELD!!??

They said that they were not holding him until he interfered with a police investigation. We are here to investigate a complaint about loud music. 

It took me a second or two or three to get my head around that. I said that the music is off; release him! He wouldn't. I just told them that he is a nineteen year old boy who has never dealt with a cop since one of you guys came to his school to tell all the kids how nice you all are!!
LET HIM GO!! The music is off!

My son was terrified! The cop let him go, finally. I asked who complained. Cop could not tell me (probably true). I told them that I know all my neighbors and they know they can ask me any time to turn things down or whatever. He would not tell me. I just asked the cops if all was settled. Yup. silence is good and I went to knock on my closest neighbor's  door when the cops stopped me again, told me he could not allow me to do that.
I just said that they were my neighbors and we all know each other. I can visit my neighbor if I want.

Sir! SIR! I can not allow you to assault your neighbors!!
About that time my neighbor's wife walks out, ignoring the cops an says, "Mr (DD) what's going on here?" I told her I wanted to apologize if my music was too loud.
She just said that she had never heard a thing.
Finally the cops went away and I was able to find out who called the cops. Across the street and four doors down (those houses are too close together) they thought it was some guy with an obnoxious stereo parked outside, being an asshole.
Oops.

Anyway, the funny part of all this, after I was settled that my son was not being arrested, is that all but one of the six times I have had someone call the cops on me for playing my music too loud I was playing something by The Beatles. The other time I was playing Jimi Hendrix. What is it with "straights" and the oppression of good sixties music!!??!!

This was handled so poorly (by the police, not you) it just makes me hang my head. WTF...I would have been pissed.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13992 on: May 09, 2018, 04:28:21 PM »
I shouldn't bitch, buuuuuuuuuuut.

We just got back from The PR's doctor appt.  She lost 7 pounds in 3 months.  He gave her $50 for that achievement.   :asthing:

No one ever does that for me.   :bigcry:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13993 on: May 09, 2018, 06:31:56 PM »
$50 would be a nice incentive to lose weight. I've lost 4kgs in the past couple of months (I'm not keeping a super strict eye on it) and no one has given me anything either.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13994 on: May 09, 2018, 08:41:45 PM »
The Beatles can never be played too loud. :orly:

The first place Sugarbutt and I lived together had two monstrous speakers that came out of the Saenger Theater when it was remodeled. When we moved out into our own place, our landlord said we could keep them. Our house was in the woods, so when we had parties, we would drag those speakers outside and rock the mountain. Then some guy bought the property next to ours, he wasn't very close, he was over on the next hilltop and we could barely see a little bit of his house from our house. One time we were having a loud rowdy party and this guy comes rolling up into our driveway. He told Sugarbutt he moved to the country so he could have some peace and quiet. Sugarbutt told him that's really ironic, because we moved to the country so we can make as much noise as we want.  :zoinks:
:gopher: