Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 218436 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13950 on: April 13, 2018, 08:57:44 PM »
I too am having sinus trouble. When I sniff it feels like it burns.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13951 on: April 14, 2018, 01:45:07 AM »
Allergies. Itchy eyes. :zombiefuck:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13952 on: April 14, 2018, 09:17:03 AM »
Having sneezing fits while trying to drink my coffee.  :roar:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13953 on: April 14, 2018, 10:06:41 AM »
Having to drop one and having it take the best part of an hour, wondering if you are actually going to land in hospital or have to go fetch the garden fork.

God damn...has somebody been slipping wet-set epoxy and razorblades into my fucking food??
I really hoped to remain completely clueless as to the experience of pregnancy. Well thats out the twatting window now :P
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13954 on: April 15, 2018, 07:10:57 AM »
I'm about to set off on a week long trip to see my dad. There are artesian bore baths there but as I found tonight my swimmers don't fit anymore.
Now I have to rush out in the morning and hopefully, Hopefully, someone like Target will still have some left on a discount rack. They only release swimwear for summer, it's impossible to get swimwear outside of summer. Unless I go to the boutique stores and buy Seafolly or something like that (for about $150!!)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13955 on: April 16, 2018, 12:51:02 AM »
It's morning. 'nuff said.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13956 on: April 16, 2018, 03:19:34 AM »
Quite. Had to be up at 8am, to go get my meds. And I hardy had any sleep either last night, just an hour or two. Now my old man wants me to go get up out of the house  because I need a lift from him so I can go get some  xylene and some other things, more ether, some more dihydrocodeine OTCs, but bugger me, I am not a morning person, I need to test this triphenylphosphonium bromide technique, because I don't know if I need to buy more phosphoric acid or not, when I get the lift, unless I actually perform that technique and  then thermally decompose a sample to release HBr in my microscale glassware (think the likes of pear-shaped flasks of 5ml capacity with an inbuilt vigreaux column, a tiny condenser on the side, miniaturized ground glass  joints and  vacuum takeoff.)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13957 on: April 16, 2018, 04:23:38 AM »
  We had an ice storm last night, in mid-April, what the hell?!  :mad:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13958 on: April 16, 2018, 05:13:05 AM »
Twatting hell. I've A-got the shits, and B-need to go all around the city, after first picking up some xylene, another sodding expensive I didn't want. I think I'll head to the first pharmacy I pass and pick up some of those oral melting immodium and use the entire pack. Because I  don't need the fucking squirts whilst precursor-hunting throughout an entire sodding buggering bastarding city and two or three outlying towns. No, no I do not.

I just gave myself a solid  shot of IM morphine and  am waiting for that to kick in, before I go out, and snorted the contents of some oxycodone IR capsules, not for pain relief this time, but because (most) opioids block one up, so to speak. Its how immodium works, by binding to opioid receptors as an agonist, in the gut, its  just that it doesn't cause a high unless massive doses are used because loperamide is pumped back out of the brain by P-glycoprotein, and its not somthing good  to have stay up in the brain to begin with, because  it forms a toxic metabolite like haloperidol (haldol, the antipsychotic of the butyrophenone class) does, that acts like MPTP and attacks the substantia nigra, a dopaminergic part of the brain responsible for inhibitory control over movement, and thus acts, like MPTP, to cause a chemically induced parkinson's disease, although it appears to be far less toxic than MPTP, which causes instant, ultra-parkinsons, someone poisoned ends  up paralyzed and locked in a useless shell of their body, whilst their mind is left to scream and scream and scream and scream and  scream inside. But in the case of loperamide, people have used either p-glycoprotein inhibitors and other metabolic tricks, or figured on overwhelming pGP using megadoses (100s of mg) of immodium (jesus I bet they didn't shit again for a month!) and saturate the method  the body uses to reject it from the  area past the blood-brain-barrier and after doing so, it proving to be a very strong opioid; even causing someone to go over and require multiple naloxone injections in  hospital (reported very, very long duration of action, days) and this individual was, IIRC tolerant to opiates  possibly an addict.

I'll stay away from loperamide analogs though, too dangerous potentially, although the original, peripherally restricted drug is going to get bought and used ASAP, as soon as the oxycodone and morphine finishes making me itch like I've got fleas and  making me euphoric. Right now I want not to fucking need a battery acid shit so I can go grab the xylene I want, buy some more gas mask polyvalent filters, some phosphoric acid and a certain other item I need. I don't want to go out, but fuck, I can't just say 'fuck this' and shitcan my work. I don't like going to a bunch of  effort and then finding it's come to nowt but a fart.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13959 on: April 16, 2018, 06:49:36 AM »

:GA:

Just say no.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13960 on: April 16, 2018, 07:14:54 AM »

Ughhh. I bet that shit is headed my way.

:hide:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13961 on: April 16, 2018, 09:43:02 AM »

Elsa came to visit?  Hope you didn't have to go to work in it.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13962 on: April 16, 2018, 08:23:33 PM »
The weather is finally improved enough I think, for me to start planting the memorial garden for the friend of mine from albania, who took her own life. last year. Soon as the cleanup and breakdown is done and the acid used, of the equipment in the first attempt I had made to prepare anhydrous hydrogen bromide in GAA, that ended up making a lot of bromine. Going to modify it to prepare a good  solid lot of Br2 and recover all of it that I can, see if I can use it directly for synthesis of the triphenylphosphonium bromide I need rather than phosphoric acid, NaBr and triphenylphosphine followed by extraction into dichloromethane, dessication and vacuum distillation of the triphenylphosphonium halide, and to release anhydrous HBr gas, taking it up in xylene and boiling it, decomposing the phosphonium halide to HBr gas and triphenylphosphine.

Then I plan to start with the planting of seeds  for the poppy plants, perhaps going to take  some cuttings to grow a pair of yew trees from a churchyard, should find a yew tree at one of those, and a few twigs made into cuttings and rooted isn't going to harm the parent trees. Going to be planting a remembrance garden for her. A talented and bright young clandestine chemist with a really idiosyncratic way of writing, which for some reason I found kinda cute.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13963 on: April 20, 2018, 05:30:59 AM »
$4000pa post-grad salary bump! Wow! Makes those years of uni really worth it huh  :autism:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13964 on: April 20, 2018, 10:51:46 AM »
$4000pa post-grad salary bump! Wow! Makes those years of uni really worth it huh  :autism:

:agreed:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: