Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201387 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #4200 on: October 15, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
Odeon, wondering if such a monumental decision is going to be good is normal.

:hide:

WTF did I post there?  Meant to say it's normal to second guess yourself.  Not on the same level as your decision, but I debated buying 2 pairs of pants, but put them back at the checkout.  Still wondering if I should have bought them, but couldn't justify adding the cost to the credit card, AKA Eternal Pay Plan.

You could have posted anything and I would have been just as jittery. I'm like that with any decision, really.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4201 on: October 15, 2012, 06:58:59 PM »
  Tomorrow at work we will be having a one-hour "mindfulness" workshop.
  It's supposed to help with stress management.  I hope it is not too   :kumbaya:

Mindfulness is a big thing now.

I fucking hate it.  I expend a tremendous amount of effort *not* to be in the here-and-now when I'm stressed out.  Trying to undo that always raises my anxiety level, sometimes to the point of it being intolerable.

I have been partially checked-out as my normal state ever since I can remember,
  not that reality is that bad, it's just how my brain works.  I really do wonder
  how a bad situation can be improved by total focus on how one is feeling.   :apondering:

Coupla benefits I'll name:

1.  Experiencing an emotion non-judgmentally.  That is, the bodily sensations (breathing, tension, temperature, sensations, etc), the feeling itself, the thoughts (not trying to control them or hold on to them, but just noticing them).  This teaches you to a. recognize and b. better tolerate emotions (without acting on them), which not everyone has any real ability to do.  ex.  re-training oneself to be able to know that feeling unhappy doesn't necessarily mean one has to get up and "fix" that feeling immediately.
2.  Focusing oneself away from one's emotions, and also away from the past and the future.  Especially helpful with people with PTSD and/or worriers- to remember what's happening in the present moment, to focus on it, rather than on traumatic memories or on fears about the future.

That said, in general, I have always been better at throwing my mind into something entirely unrelated to reality than at reigning it in on anyone's command.  I also think having way the hell too many therapists tell me to do deep breathing and to count to ten (and all the other cliches) when I was upset (rather than dealing with me at whatever my actual developmental level was at the time, validating what I was bloody feeling, talking to me, and figuring out things like, oh hey, she has horrible things happen to her at home and gets punished for reacting to them, or at best gets told to take a tranquilizer), combined with having asthma and frankly often just plain not feeling right in my own skin (hooray persistent sensory issues that get worse when I'm upset!), have classically conditioned me to feel MORE tense when I do them.

One of the best things a therapist taught me in the direct-coping department were grounding techniques, which are kind of like mindfulness, except without the part where I have a panic attack, lol.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #4202 on: October 21, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »

Do not know what to say, hardly..

Well, I came across this 'preaching' kiddo.. Kanon Tipton, who, I reckon, is now 5 years old.. watching the National Geographic channel earlier this evening. 'Pint-sized preachers' the program is called and.. gassing flabbers, gut-feeling says, this is very very wrong. This cannot be natural behaviour for a child of five (4?). WTF?

*getting a tadski angrier here*

Do daddio and grandfart let the poor little fella still be portrayed (on film) when he goes seriously schizophrenic later on, I wonder.

Um, most 'serious²' christians (monotheists) live in a very deluded, fairy-tail-like, world, I think.. and their perceptions through 'far far-off' glasses make them go totally lost in illogicality. Logic, empiricism, evolution of species, tunnel- and radicalistic-view avoidance.. 'they' seem not to understand at all.

/post.   
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4203 on: October 21, 2012, 03:59:48 PM »
Too spaced out to do much learning or concentrating right now, methinks.  Actually, methinks I might have a low-grade fever. n :/
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4204 on: October 21, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »
Thinking of misskitty,actually, and her gran.

Miss K, how is she doing? and how are you holding up? I know you are going through some rough times, I just want you to know that there are people out there that care a lot about your wellbeing and I wish you all the best, and for you to know happier times soon.

I know you are one tough cookie, stay strong, and if ever you want some support, or just to talk, as I've said before, PM me anytime.

*hugs*
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #4205 on: October 23, 2012, 09:20:55 AM »
I gotta hop into the shower and have some hot water fun.  :vibe:
:skywarp:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4206 on: October 23, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »
Thinking of misskitty,actually, and her gran.

Miss K, how is she doing? and how are you holding up? I know you are going through some rough times, I just want you to know that there are people out there that care a lot about your wellbeing and I wish you all the best, and for you to know happier times soon.

I know you are one tough cookie, stay strong, and if ever you want some support, or just to talk, as I've said before, PM me anytime.

*hugs*
Thank you :) I'm trying to throw my energy into other things. I suppose to try and keep the depression at bay. Not sure if the unavoidable news has hit me just yet. My Gram helped raise me and she's one of my best friends. Knowing she's still out there somewhere brings some sort of relief and keeps the thoughts of what it will be like when she's not, away from the forefront. Thankfully, I have amazing friends and family all at the ready to jump in if I fall apart. I guess I won't know what I will feel like until after it happens.

Yesterday she rallied yet again. Eyes wide open, chatty, and a nurse offered her a foot massage and she excitedly said "you bet! I'd be a fool to turn that down!" Ugh. This back and forth business is on one hand, so like her to keep us guessing :laugh: But exhausting at the same time. She will never rally enough to have a good quality of life so for her sake I hope she goes soon but I guess she'll go when she's ready. Haven't gotten an update to find out what she's like today. She has these bouts of energy, followed by sessions where we lose her and she can't open her eyes, won't respond, heart rate and breath are erratic. Stressful.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #4207 on: October 23, 2012, 02:49:28 PM »
I'm waiting for a email from someone

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4208 on: October 23, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
If I can just keep up this pace through the rest of the week I'll have everything done  :2thumbsup:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #4209 on: October 23, 2012, 03:30:47 PM »
I'm about to have some fun right now,  :green:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4210 on: October 23, 2012, 04:49:01 PM »
Thinking about all kinds of stuff.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4211 on: October 23, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »
I'm thinking I shouldn't have sat down. My lower back is killing me *hobbles about* :P

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4212 on: October 23, 2012, 05:19:17 PM »
I'm thinking I shouldn't have sat down. My lower back is killing me *hobbles about* :P

My feet are OK all day till I sit down, then when I get back up I hobble.  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4213 on: October 23, 2012, 05:21:40 PM »

Exactly! I'm fine until I sit down.  :facepalm2: I need to get back to it and finish.  :viking:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4214 on: October 23, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »

Exactly! I'm fine until I sit down.  :facepalm2: I need to get back to it and finish.  :viking:

Getting it done is  BRAVE!   :arrr:    (As I continue sitting.  :tard: )
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"